Dream Drive being enabled?

chacha72

Cars
Lucid Pure
Any DE owner receive this email from Lucid? Pic was shared via twitter.

1641328536709.png

Yep

Yes, I got this earlier today. It's unfortunate that "Other features such as Highway Assist are planned for 2022." That is a long time to wait for a feature which was advertised as available early on. So, out the gate they will be behind most auto manufacturers. I wonder if the real culprit is the Continental software which may not be so easy to integrate into the Lucid Air.

As a side note: I had backed into a parking spot today and on my way out I got a Front Cross Traffic warning. A slowly approaching pickup was to my left, although they were planning on turning into a parking spot. So it seams that, although this feature was not available yet, it was somehow activated.

what's the Automatic park in and out they are talking about?

what's the Automatic park in and out they are talking about?
It finds parking spots for you when you drive by and it also exists the parking spots. I only tried this out twice: Once, inadvertently, when it thought the curved wall in my driveway was a parallel parking spot and another time when I wanted to back into a parking spot between two vehicles - I gave up on that, since normally I could do this in one go, but the car was trying multiple times.

I've never used an Auto Park that was faster or more convenient than doing it yourself. The one time I used it with my MS, it wound up hitting the curb and scratching my right rear rim. That was the last time I used it.

I've tried it once with a LARGE parallel parking spot. It got me in, but I don't know how good it would be in a tighter spot. It's surreal and scary. This seems to be the most useless feature to me.

Yes, I got this earlier today. It's unfortunate that "Other features such as Highway Assist are planned for 2022." That is a long time to wait for a feature which was advertised as available early on. So, out the gate they will be behind most auto manufacturers. I wonder if the real culprit is the Continental software which may not be so easy to integrate into the Lucid Air.

As a side note: I had backed into a parking spot today and on my way out I got a Front Cross Traffic warning. A slowly approaching pickup was to my left, although they were planning on turning into a parking spot. So it seams that, although this feature was not available yet, it was somehow activated.
Continental?

It's assumed (by whom, I don't know) that Continental provides at least the software if not the hardware for the ADAS functions. This is based on the description of the ADAS functionality on the Continental website and how it matches with Lucid's terminology. See
If you look at the FCC compliance section of the owners manual you will also see that Continental provides the hardware.

If you look at the FCC compliance section of the owners manual you will also see that Continental provides the hardware.
So they probably also provide the software. I think Continental has oversold their software and Lucid is paying the price for that. Maybe Continental does not have all the functionality yet, or Lucid is having problems integrating into their processor's hardware.

Last edited:
So they probably also provide the software. I think Continental has oversold their software and Lucid is paying the price for that. Maybe Continental does not have all the functionality yet, or Lucid is having problems integrating into their processors hardware.
I wonder who else uses their hardware.

I mean, it was all working during the factory event...

I think that Continental's market share is around 70%. All the big ICE names use them.
If that's the case, then isn't even more just a matter of time rather than it not living up to the hype?

Back