Dream Drive being enabled?

If that's the case, then isn't even more just a matter of time rather than it not living up to the hype?
I am not sure who is making the LIDAR sensor, it may be Bosch. This could be where Dream Drive software issues arise.

Sigh . . .

You know, as we were leaving for dinner tonight just four days after receiving a car for which I waited over three years with growing excitement, I was shocked to hear myself saying: "let's take the Tesla".

In those four days, I've been worn down by the anxiety of getting into a car and wondering how long before the screens freeze or go blank or the car loses a cell signal -- and therefore a lot of its functionality -- that my cell phone is picking up at full strength.

If you leave the software issues aside, the Lucid Air deserves to have forum threads filling up with praise for its incredible power delivery, taut handling, precise steering, superb brake/regen calibration, fetching design, interior room and comfort, rock-solid structure and build quality, flawless interior fit and finish, top-notch audio system . . . .

But, as a car is now as much computer as driving machine, the software issues cannot be left aside.

Such a damned, damned shame.

Sigh . . .

You know, as we were leaving for dinner tonight just four days after receiving a car for which I waited over three years with growing excitement, I was shocked to hear myself saying: "let's take the Tesla".

In those four days, I've been worn down by the anxiety of getting into a car and wondering how long before the screens freeze or go blank or the car loses a cell signal -- and therefore a lot of its functionality -- that my cell phone is picking up at full strength.

If you leave the software issues aside, the Lucid Air deserves to have forum threads filling up with praise for its incredible power delivery, taut handling, precise steering, superb brake/regen calibration, fetching design, interior room and comfort, rock-solid structure and build quality, flawless interior fit and finish, top-notch audio system . . . .

But, as a car is now as much computer as driving machine, the software issues cannot be left aside.

Do you think there is a point at which you will throw in the towel?

And that’s precisely what I alluded to in the other thread regarding my experience with my MS and my perception of its quality. The uncertainty of not knowing what software issue would cause the next screen freeze, radio hiccup or backup camera failure, made for a less than enjoyable driving experience. I always crossed my fingers when I had friends in the car, especially for the first time, hoping there were no embarrassing glitches that I’d have to explain away.

I truly hope they make things right for you and do it quickly.

Do you think there is a point at which you will throw in the towel?

Right now I don't foresee it. I have posted for months that, while I was expecting a well-engineered and well-built car based on Peter Rawlinson's and Peter Hochholdinger's records, I had enough experience with software issues in cars to be braced for some missteps there upon delivery.

And I'm trying to keep perspective on the fact that the car was only delivered four days ago, and Lucid has thus far been as responsive as they can be until they themselves understand more about what underlies my issues.

My frustration has hit the level it has because I'm actually worried about getting any distance away from home in this car due to the nature of the software issues, not from the fact that some features aren't yet activated or a few of the features that are still have some bugs. It was this latter situation for which I was braced, not the chronic loss of whole screens and everything they control.

I also recognize what another poster brought up: we're just coming out of a holiday period during which I'm sure some very exhausted Lucid employees desperately needed a bit of time away from their desks.

So, for me, the acid test is what happens with this car over the next few weeks, not what happened the first four days.

My first Cayenne owned less than a month was replaced on lemon law. The second had 45 pages of repair history and I became a part of Porsche, NA monthly business meeting. Oddly, many issues were electrical in nature. Radio/Nav/screen would randomly turn off. Back then had to take it in to have software flashed.

I did not get the email either. I too am very disappointed that the car was released without dreamdrive. I don’t even yet have cruise control, on a $170,000 car! I’m even more disappointed to now learn it could be a long time before highway lane feature is available. At the very least, this should have been disclosed to buyers, prior to taking delivery. Since when can you advertise a product feature, sell the product as advertised, and not provide the feature? Seems to me Lucid is on very thin legal ice.

Sigh . . .

100% agree. The car was released too early. Amazing performance, fun to drive, but way too many software glitches and boot-up delays. We need better communication from HQ disclosing shortcomings, and plans to fix/timeline to fix them. I hope they’re reading these posts.

I did not get the email either. I too am very disappointed that the car was released without dreamdrive. I don’t even yet have cruise control, on a $170,000 car! I’m even more disappointed to now learn it could be a long time before highway lane feature is available. At the very least, this should have been disclosed to buyers, prior to taking delivery. Since when can you advertise a product feature, sell the product as advertised, and not provide the feature? Seems to me Lucid is on very thin legal ice.

Its a minor feature but the same thing with Dolby Atmos. In order for you to use it in multi-channel and not upsample you have to pay for a subscription to Tidal or Apple Music.

Uh, oh. I've still not gotten the email about Dream Drive. Am I in the doghouse at HQ?

I just found the message in my spam folder. Don't know why it went there, as I have received other notices from Lucid in my inbox.

My lane keep assist turned back on today briefly then ceased to exist.

When I was driving a rental that had lane keep it only worked in areas that had well marked lanes. Worked about 30% of the time. It would display two lines on each side of a car on dash, showing it was on.

I never had it turn on (either 1.1.0 or 1.0.7 software). But I did get the forward cross traffic warning once. It seems that the complete dream drive features are present in the software and have been disabled. But the glitchy nature of the software, enables them occasionally. I would hate to have those glitches disable the safety features (like AEB) after they are enabled in future updates.

It seem the ability to self steer on the highway under adaptive cruise (Autopilot, SuperCruise and Drivepilot functionality) is not coming in January and doesn't have a firm date. I find that a bit troubling since it is something I expect in a car at this price.

Also is there a date for CarPlay?

It seem the ability to self steer on the highway under adaptive cruise (Autopilot, SuperCruise and Drivepilot functionality) is not coming in January and doesn't have a firm date. I find that a bit troubling since it is something I expect in a car at this price.

Also is there a date for CarPlay?
No Date for CarPlay or Highway Self Steering. They also don't say if this self steering can be used on city streets. All around disappointing news.

No Date for CarPlay or Highway Self Steering. They also don't say if this self steering can be used on city streets. All around disappointing news.

I rented a Model 3 through Turo and tried navigate on auto-pilot. It was interesting but maybe it's my age I find it very hard not to stay in control. Can you explain why this is a highly desired feature?

Highway driving its okay but I'd still prefer to be in charge of steering, city driving is a freaking nightmare.

Back