Dream Drive versus Dream Drive Pro

I thought that most basic safety features like blind spot display, front & rear cross traffic alert, lane departure protection, automatic emergency braking, etc., things that are standard in $30,000 cars, are standard in the base $77,000 Pure.

Is that now not the case?

That article worded it very weird.. as far as I am aware, everything under that first bullet point is Dream Drive which is standard in all trims. Then, the first bullet point (which remains enigmous) is Dream Drive Pro which is standard in Grand Touring and Dream Edition, and costs $9,000 in Touring and Pure. My guess is that they trim it down to one bullet so they don't have to commit to specific features.

View attachment 731

Here's a snippet from Lucid's website which indicate that the DreamDrive (which is standard in all three* trims) utilizes all 32 sensors.

*four

Lucid adds new information to its website without removing older, sometimes conflicting information. (There are still articles on the website showing the Dream Edition as a single version with 1080 hp.) I suspect this was put on the website before they split DreamDrive into two tiers. The full reveal of DreamDrive only came with an October 12, 2021 article on the website containing a section entitled "Meet DreamDrive Pro". It was not until that section that the article brought up the 32-sensor suite which in earlier presentations had been touted without any mention of two tiers.

The screen shot that Manitou202 put up in Post #16 suggests that the full hardware suite only comes when you buy the DreamDrive Pro option for the Touring, as the "future ready hardware" is mentioned only after the semi-colon that separates the description of DreamDrive Pro from the description of DreamDrive.

OK, so we still don't know with any degree of certainty what safety features are standard on the Pure.

OK, so we still don't know with any degree of certainty what safety features are standard on the Pure.
I think it’s safe to say we don’t know anything for certain about Dream Drive Pro features or hardware given how inconsistent the wording is on their website. However, I think (unfortunately) @hmp10 might be right.

I think it’s safe to say we don’t know anything for certain about Dream Drive Pro features or hardware given how inconsistent the wording is on their website. However, I think (unfortunately) @hmp10 might be right.
It's almost impossible to believe that Lucid would not include safety features like blind spot display, front & rear cross traffic alert, lane departure protection, automatic emergency braking, etc. in all trim levels. These are features that are taken for granted and included in almost all cars these days. If it turns out they're missing in the Pure, it would be a huge fail for Lucid.

lucid updated the configurator

Attachments

• 31F1F819-7227-419D-8B1A-EC8DF07872E8.jpeg
    31F1F819-7227-419D-8B1A-EC8DF07872E8.jpeg
    653.1 KB · Views: 340
What hardware is being used has been settled - it's NVIDIA:
"Lucid revealed that its DreamDrive Pro advanced driver-assistance system is built on NVIDIA DRIVE. The NVIDIA centralized compute architecture is seamlessly integrated with the ADAS hardware of every Lucid Air sedan delivered today. DreamDrive Pro is designed to grow in capability with over-the-air software updates through future-ready hardware already in place in the vehicle — enhancing the driving experience for customers with new functions and advanced features over time."

What hardware is being used has been settled - it's NVIDIA:
"Lucid revealed that its DreamDrive Pro advanced driver-assistance system is built on NVIDIA DRIVE. The NVIDIA centralized compute architecture is seamlessly integrated with the ADAS hardware of every Lucid Air sedan delivered today. DreamDrive Pro is designed to grow in capability with over-the-air software updates through future-ready hardware already in place in the vehicle — enhancing the driving experience for customers with new functions and advanced features over time."

NVIDIA makes great processors; not so sure about ADAS systems. I would have felt more comfortable with Mobileye.

So how does Continental and Bosch fit into the picture? They provide hardware and NVIDIA provides software and computing power?

So how does Continental and Bosch fit into the picture? They provide hardware and NVIDIA provides software and computing power?

If anything, Nvidia would provide the core computation chips (their GPUs). They have been working on this hardware platform for quite some time.

Update:
Just found this link. It's a pretty comprehensive package. Remember that at its core Nvidia is a hardware company that started with designing GPU chips which then morphed into chips for massively parallel data processing.

Last edited:
Someone tell me how to feel about this? Is it positive or negative? 🤣

More information here (PR/marketing):
Electric vehicle makers such as Volvo-backed Polestar and electric vehicle (EV) companies in China, including NIO, Xpeng, Li Auto, R Auto, and IM Motors have all adopted Drive Hyperion.

Robotaxi services like Cruise, Zoox, and DiDi and trucking services like Volvo, Navistar, and Plus are also using Drive Hyperion. And the autonomous trucking company TuSimple announced at CES 2022 that it will build its new platform on Nvidia Drive Orin.

Okay, I feel good about this considering that Cruise is already testing full self driving in SF should mean that NVIDIA will have a lot of data to refine their software

Someone tell me how to feel about this? Is it positive or negative? 🤣
Very positive. You could take years and make your own, or spend money that you would've spent on the research to make your own and buy a ready-made, proven product and have it now.

Back