Door Issue

Steve11ca

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, 67 Corvette
Well, it's been less than a week and I already have an issue. The car thinks the front passenger door is open. The door is non-responsive from the inside and the outside. Now when driving, I'm getting the wonderful "door open" alert. I think the sensor in non-responsive, because when I open the driver door, the "Openings" screen shows it open in gray. It shows the passenger door open in red (even though it is closed). They are planning to send a tech to me tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm letting it "sleep" for 20 minutes and then going to try again.:mad:

Well, it's been less than a week and I already have an issue. The car thinks the front passenger door is open. The door is non-responsive from the inside and the outside. Now when driving, I'm getting the wonderful "door open" alert. I think the sensor in non-responsive, because when I open the driver door, the "Openings" screen shows it open in gray. It shows the passenger door open in red (even though it is closed). They are planning to send a tech to me tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm letting it "sleep" for 20 minutes and then going to try again.:mad:

Definitely a bug - I’ve never seen that. Glad to hear they’re taking care of it quickly!

Found the fix. If you tug hard on the door opening mechanism, it opens mechanically. I did that and it reset the sensor. Everything is fine now. Everyone should be aware of that feature and it is that way for all four doors.

Found the fix. If you tug hard on the door opening mechanism, it opens mechanically. I did that and it reset the sensor. Everything is fine now. Everyone should be aware of that feature and it is that way for all four doors.

Yeah - they told me about that when I picked up the car; that’s the physical latch. I’ve just never had to use it before. Good to know!

I think @GEWC and @Paladin732 may have had the same issue once, actually.

Back