Does the car ever shut off....

magesh

Cars
X7 M60i, AGT
I'm going in and out of the garage (more honey do lists) for the past several hours and the car did not shut off.

Been in the garage for the past 30 minutes and the car is still on.

Yes, my phone is nearby. Meaning it's on me when I'm in and out of the garage. And while working in the garage.

Or is it simply recognizing BT and staying awake.

Does the car shut off at all?

If your phone is set up as a mobile key, it will continually wake the car when you walk by or are near

And along those lines....why does it wake your car up when you open the app from a distance? I wanted to check my charge %....why does it need to wake the car to tell me that?

And along those lines....why does it wake your car up when you open the app from a distance? I wanted to check my charge %....why does it need to wake the car to tell me that?
How else will the info flow into the app, if the car is off. It won't be able to communicate to the server if it's off.

How else will the info flow into the app, if the car is off. It won't be able to communicate to the server if it's off.
A lot of these issues will be resolved when Lucid has a true "deep sleep" mode. Something akin to closing your laptop lid. The laptop can still awaken somewhat in that state (without turning on the screen) to respond to network events. But it conserves power by leaving most things in a cached state.

If you have your phone set up to wake the car on proximity, though, that's going to keep "waking up" the car when you walk into your garage with your phone in your pocket. As we say in the industry, that's a feature, not a bug.

Ideally, the phone would have two functions:

1. Check in to see everything is locked and what charge % is. This could be a very minor "awakening." I don't need the doors to unlock, mirrors to unfold, radio to start, nor the AC to blow while doing this.

2. Fully wake mode - use this to enter car, "start it" and drive with a fully functional automobile.

A lot of these issues will be resolved when Lucid has a true "deep sleep" mode. Something akin to closing your laptop lid. The laptop can still awaken somewhat in that state (without turning on the screen) to respond to network events. But it conserves power by leaving most things in a cached state.

If you have your phone set up to wake the car on proximity, though, that's going to keep "waking up" the car when you walk into your garage with your phone in your pocket. As we say in the industry, that's a feature, not a bug.
Makes sense. I actually have not tried to see what happens in the car when you open the app and it says waking up. I'll try that later without my fob, or BT on, although, that won't matter because I don't have my mobile key set up.

I'm going in and out of the garage (more honey do lists) for the past several hours and the car did not shut off.

Been in the garage for the past 30 minutes and the car is still on.

Yes, my phone is nearby. Meaning it's on me when I'm in and out of the garage. And while working in the garage.

Or is it simply recognizing BT and staying awake.

Does the car shut off at all?
Of course it does. If you actually lock the car (not just walk away lock), it will not keep waking up if your fob is still in the area. I assume this would work similarly with the mobile key (though I don't use it so could be wrong). If you leave and come back, the car will wake up again. You can play around with this to see how far you can go. For instance, I can go feed the chickens who are back behind the garage and it won't unlock when I come back, but going to check the mail is too far and it will unlock. If that doesn't work, you may need to play around with your app settings.

1. Check in to see everything is locked and what charge % is. This could be a very minor "awakening." I don't need the doors to unlock, mirrors to unfold, radio to start, nor the AC to blow while doing this.

2. Fully wake mode - use this to enter car, "start it" and drive with a fully functional automobile.
Even a Tesla, with its more advanced software, wakes the car to get the details. The phone needs to communicate with the car and it cannot do that if it is off. If you don't want AC or music turning on, turn them off manually when you park the car.

Even a Tesla, with its more advanced software, wakes the car to get the details. The phone needs to communicate with the car and it cannot do that if it is off. If you don't want AC or music turning on, turn them off manually when you park the car.
A guy can dream, can't he?

If your phone is set up as a mobile key, it will continually wake the car when you walk by or are near
Just got back from a ride & entered the garage., with the phone in the bike jersey.

Car did not respond. Nada. Phone was within 15 ft of car. (Full Disclosure: My BT headset was paired, if that makes any difference/sense/help.)

I think I have a bug!!!

I kinda like that it wakes up when I get near. It’s like it’s saying “hey boss, I’m just getting ready over here if you need me!” Then, when I walk away it goes back to sleep. I have never once used the fob or keycard. Always the phone key. I only set up my phone for the Bluetooth key; if my wife wants to drive it (rare) she can use the fob. The system has never failed to open when I get near it or lock when I walk away. I wonder if it gets confused when it detects a phone (or phones) and also a fob (or two). That’s why I’m keeping it simple.

Just got back from a ride & entered the garage., with the phone in the bike jersey.

Car did not respond. Nada. Phone was within 15 ft of car. (Full Disclosure: My BT headset was paired, if that makes any difference/sense/help.)

I think I have a bug!!!
It is a bug but the same for my car. I would say that the car opens about 50% of the time when I walk past with just my phone. For some reason, if I take the phone out of my pocket (not unlocking it), the car almost always unlocks.

Back