Does Anyone Have Regrets? (non-owner asking)

I have driven LA to San Diego and back a couple of times, once in May, once in winter. A totally flat road, no traffic jams to speak off, cruising speed of 80 m/h. Leaving with a fully charged battery, I had to charge in SD in order to make it back without range anxiety. This is 120 miles one way, I should've easily go 240 and have enough left, but no..
Everytime I have done LA to SD I charge to 100 and make it back with roughly 30% battery life. Ive never had to charge, not sure what's going on with your car or if you are super cautious. I've never ever gotten less than 320 miles on a full charge ever and I'm at 35k miles. I don't understand what is going on with your situation it's completely baffling to me.

It really makes no sense to publish the range if you then tell everyone to only charge to 80%. The degradation is going to be so minimal that it’s crazy to give up 20% of the usefulness that you paid for just to maybe save a tiny bit of battery years down the road. I bet most people trade their cars long before it becomes any issue at all, and in the meantime they made their lives less convenient.

It really makes no sense to publish the range if you then tell everyone to only charge to 80%. The degradation is going to be so minimal that it’s crazy to give up 20% of the usefulness that you paid for just to maybe save a tiny bit of battery years down the road. I bet most people trade their cars long before it becomes any issue at all, and in the meantime they made their lives less convenient.
The range isn’t important for daily driving. That’s why there’s no reason to keep it charged to 100%. The vast vast vast majority of people are not commuting 300 miles daily, much less 520.

So keeping the car at 80% helps prolong the battery life, which is good for both the car and the environment, but if you need the range, charge it to 100%. Nobody is stopping you.

There’s just no reason to do that to commute from San Jose to Palo Alto and back.

The range isn’t important for daily driving. That’s why there’s no reason to keep it charged to 100%. The vast vast vast majority of people are not commuting 300 miles daily, much less 520.

So keeping the car at 80% helps prolong the battery life, which is good for both the car and the environment, but if you need the range, charge it to 100%. Nobody is stopping you.

There’s just no reason to do that to commute from San Jose to Palo Alto and back.
...and, if you are using public chargers 100% of the time, it's considerate to stop around 80% rather than trying up the charger too far down the power curve... Again, unless you think you're going to need it.

I don’t have any regrets per se. beautiful car that performs well for what it is. I just got mine a few weeks ago. A few things I wish I’d known before I took delivery…the purlux interior has fake leather seats. Everyone knows that and they’re actually pretty comfortable. However what they don’t advertise or show in pictures is that interior uses “textile” instead of alcantera on the dash and door panels. It is as abrasive as burlap. I have tacked a microfiber towel on my door arm rest to avoid making contact with it. Also, the sound system and dream drive are both worthless. Put the money elsewhere in the car. Dreamdrive may get better in the future, but right now is just adaptive cruise control that you can find on any Toyota Corolla. I hope lucid takes a page out of teslas book for the sound system one day. Surreal sound is mediocre at best. But again, minus a few complaints, the car is far better than anything comparable out there. I truly hope the company can withstand the storm!

I don’t have any regrets per se. beautiful car that performs well for what it is. I just got mine a few weeks ago. A few things I wish I’d known before I took delivery…the purlux interior has fake leather seats. Everyone knows that and they’re actually pretty comfortable. However what they don’t advertise or show in pictures is that interior uses “textile” instead of alcantera on the dash and door panels. It is as abrasive as burlap. I have tacked a microfiber towel on my door arm rest to avoid making contact with it. Also, the sound system and dream drive are both worthless. Put the money elsewhere in the car. Dreamdrive may get better in the future, but right now is just adaptive cruise control that you can find on any Toyota Corolla. I hope lucid takes a page out of teslas book for the sound system one day. Surreal sound is mediocre at best. But again, minus a few complaints, the car is far better than anything comparable out there. I truly hope the company can withstand the storm!
Having a time machine,
What would you configure differently?

Having a time machine,
What would you configure differently?
I would have gotten the 21” wheels with the P Zero tires ( I live in Florida, so potholes aren’t an issue). I like the Tahoe interior (real leather, not the burlap sack interior) and I would get the base sound system as both options are hot garbage. I guess I’d keep atleast dream drive premium because the Birds Eye view camera system is really nice to work with. From what I understand you don’t get that with the base level dream drive. And maybe in a perfect world, I’d get the GT Performance, but that’s just getting greedy.

Wait, I'm a bit confused. Is your car the Pure or the GT? And does anybody know if the GT Purluxe also comes with the "burlap" fabric being described?

Wait, I'm a bit confused. Is your car the Pure or the GT? And does anybody know if the GT Purluxe also comes with the "burlap" fabric being described?
Mine is the GT. NOT the pure. And yes, mine as does most others I’ve seen configured in the Atlanta area have the purlux interior. If it says purlux, they mean burlap. Just make sure you’re prepared so you don’t have to hang microfiber towels like me.

Mine is the GT. NOT the pure. And yes, mine as does most others I’ve seen configured in the Atlanta area have the purlux interior. If it says purlux, they mean burlap. Just make sure you’re prepared so you don’t have to hang microfiber towels like me.
Gotcha! Previously, I thought that all GT interiors came with Alcantara, including the Purluxe option. That is my fault.

Gotcha! Previously, I thought that all GT interiors came with Alcantara, including the Purluxe option. That is my fault.
I did too. It’s new and improved burlap for 24! Get it while it’s hot!!! I leased mine, but if I had bought it, I would remove the door panels, take them to an auto upholstery shop and have them done in black leather. I wish id known beforehand.

Just a few quick comments a prospective buyer may find helpful. Pure owner for 6 month. Agreement with the masses that the physical driving dynamics, beauty of the car, and passenger/trunk/frunk spaciousness are great. If I had a magic wand, I’d allow the drivers seat to go lower, the right and left elbow resting surfaces to be more comfortable, standard birds-eye view for parking, much better sounding SSP, slight rounding of the mid/lower door edges to avoid thigh bruises, and soft close doors standard because you kinda gotta slam them otherwise. If I could re-order, it would be with 20” wheels, just an opinion, I think they look better. BTW I have a faraday pouch and haven’t had to replace the key fob battery in 6 months. I’d buy/lease this car again in a minute despite the minor gripes.

They do, the "burlap" is a different part of the door. Dark part is Alcantara, the lighter linen color is that "burlap" that he is referring to. I like it, mine is not rough at all. Different strokes for different folks.

2023_Lucid_Air_Interior_Detail_2.jpg

I would get the base sound system as both options are hot garbage
Please expand on your reasons for saying this. I have DDPro and I think it sounds amazing (caveat is that I exclusively used Tidal and most often listen to Atmos encodings). What about the system makes you think it's 'hot garbage?'

Please expand on your reasons for saying this. I have DDPro and I think it sounds amazing (caveat is that I exclusively used Tidal and most often listen to Atmos encodings). What about the system makes you think it's 'hot garbage?'
The sound system has little to no bass at all. Also, the volume changes are so small and incremental I feel that it doesn’t begin to get loud until the last 25% of its capability. Even then, there is no true equalizer and even with tidal, as I said before , it is mediocre at best. Definitely not worth the up charge. I did the tape fix under the footwell which did improve the blown speaker sound, but for a $121k car, the mark was sorely missed. Go listen to a Burmeister system in a Porsche for comparison. Apples and oranges in quality and depth.

Everytime I have done LA to SD I charge to 100 and make it back with roughly 30% battery life. Ive never had to charge, not sure what's going on with your car or if you are super cautious. I've never ever gotten less than 320 miles on a full charge ever and I'm at 35k miles. I don't understand what is going on with your situation it's completely baffling to me.
I’ve realized that a cruising speed over 65 mph drains the battery exponentially. Driving 65 mph or lower gives you more miles per kWh. I had issues driving long distances with an average speed at 70 mph so 80 mph is really pushing it especially in cold climates.

By far, the best car audio I have ever heard. (Levinson in Lexus; Dynaudio in Volvo; B+O in Merc.)

I am pretty sure I am going to get a lot of heat from other members on this forum, but here is my question for the people who already have their Lucid vehicles and have spent some time living with them.
Do you have any regrets about buying the Lucid? What regrets do you have? If you love the vehicle in general, what do you wish was better?
What do you absolutely love about your vehicle?
I purchased the grand touring.. many regrets. The car was totalled. I had auto breaking issues. Insurance paid out the car and I choose to purchase a BMW x5 as replacement. Things I loved about lucid but my decision not to get another one was based around what I felt had safety issues. Particularly around the auto breaking system when in regen mode. I will leave it at that. As posted about the problem 7 months ago.

They do, the "burlap" is a different part of the door. Dark part is Alcantara, the lighter linen color is that "burlap" that he is referring to. I like it, mine is not rough at all. Different strokes for different folks.

View attachment 21585
Wait... people hate that material? It doesn't feel rough at all, looks great, and isn't on any common touch point of the car. I personally love it as you do.

Wait... people hate that material? It doesn't feel rough at all, looks great, and isn't on any common touch point of the car. I personally love it as you do.
Apparently enough to tack a microfiber cloth over it ...

Back