Dirt Accumulation on Rear Bumper Lip

LucidNJ

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Has anyone noticed a significant amount of dirt build up in between the bottom edge of the trunk lid and the top of the rear bumper? I assume this is most noticeable with those that have the Stellar White exterior, but I just had my car washed yesterday and already I see dirt build up in that area.

Attachments

• A5C7615E-E2FF-4E87-AD93-D478A107E7B0.jpeg
    A5C7615E-E2FF-4E87-AD93-D478A107E7B0.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 129
Has anyone noticed a significant amount of dirt build up in between the bottom edge of the trunk lid and the top of the rear bumper? I assume this is most noticeable with those that have the Stellar White exterior, but I just had my car washed yesterday and already I see dirt build up in that area.
I have noticed that. I think water drains there and stays on the flat surface.
I have also noticed that after a car wash, this car drips water from every crevice longer than any other car I've had! Out of the trunk gaps, the frunk gaps, from the mirrors, everywhere. I dry it off and by the time i circle around the car more has dripped out! A difficult to dry vehicle. Not a big deal just an observation.

Pete

Yes.

I have noticed that. I think water drains there and stays on the flat surface.
I have also noticed that after a car wash, this car drips water from every crevice longer than any other car I've had! Out of the trunk gaps, the frunk gaps, from the mirrors, everywhere. I dry it off and by the time i circle around the car more has dripped out! A difficult to dry vehicle. Not a big deal just an observation.

Pete
This exactly what happens to my car when I wash it.

The problem is that there is no weather gasketing closer to the lip combined with the gap for the trunk being so big. Not much you can really do about it. Also remember that air swirls down the back side of your vehicle while driving (just the nature of aero and physics), so it will accumulate "vortex dirt" every time you drive it.

Even more visible on Quantum Grey. I notice it every time when I park in my garage after just having visited the local car wash.

Quantum gray here. I have to blow dry the entire car. Then micro fiber the entire car and hit those areas. Then step back and enjoy the many hour detail job just to observe puddling of dripping rinse. Back to the micro fiber towels. Its is either harder to dry properly or i just care more and try to do a better job with the Lucid.

I wonder if it's easier to keep trunk open after wash and have it drip around and then watch that lip area and wipe as it accumulated

I wonder if it's easier to keep trunk open after wash and have it drip around and then watch that lip area and wipe as it accumulated
That does not really work since the trunk will drip from a couple of locations when up and a couple of different spots when down. I have to do both opened and closed a few times.

Kind of a stupid question, but why not just drive it around a bit to get rid of the water?

Back