Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

0B4DBA01-C66D-4521-9CD3-C322A0444B70.gif

I just received my VIN for QG AT DDP, Glass canopy, 19", Santa Cruz. Reserved 3/4/21 and confirmed 8/11/22
Super excited

B8252B04-2A4F-495A-BBE2-DA81AA3B39EF.jpeg

Congrats! It is good to see the flood gates open a little bit on the Touring Deliveries in the wild. Looking forward to hearing your impressions the car and the delivery experience. :cool:
I will plan to do so when I get mine.

I am so happy for people receiving VINs - When will ZR/Tahoe will get assigned. I can't wait any longer. I should have just sticked with White/Tahoe :(

I am so happy for people receiving VINs - When will ZR/Tahoe will get assigned. I can't wait any longer. I should have just sticked with White/Tahoe :(
I'm hoping the Zeniths are right around the corner 🤞🏾

I just received my VIN for QG AT DDP, Glass canopy, 19", Santa Cruz. Reserved 3/4/21 and confirmed 8/11/22
Super excited
That's my exact car! Hoping that means my VIN will be coming in the next couple of days. May I ask how you were contacted to let you know? Also, any suggestion that you'll receive the car before year's end?

Zenith Red's are rumored to be 4th in the production color que. Fingers crossed!!! Ugh!

VINs tend to come in batches, as far as I can tell. Rather than a steady stream. Could be a beginning of the week thing.

As far as progress for me goes, I have heard nothing since getting my VIN on Monday, but that’s to be expected. I had a couple of back and forth calls with Lucid Financial about my application. (Since I’m self-employed I expected that.) Also got my insurance squared away. (Quote was pleasantly not much higher than my Model 3.) Expecting the financing to get squared away today or Monday. And then it’s a matter of whenever PDI is done and the car makes it to Denver. Hoping for sometime next week or the week after.

It’s definitely nerve wracking; a ton of waiting, then news, then more waiting, then more news, and so on. I am hoping more of us are close to the finish line than it appears.
which insurance vendor has the best rates and roughly how much is it?

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on EOY delivery for Quantum Grey Touring due to Silver and White seeming to be the initial delivery colors and not a great deal of activity on here recently about VIN assignments or deliveries in those colors. Hoping there's some sort of EOY delivery metric they're trying to hit that may accelerate this in the next couple of weeks.
I think Lucid gave us the "should have it by the end of the year" spiel to keep us on the hook and not bail over the income tax credit. Now they can push the AGT's that are in inventory for delivery by the end of the year. I feel a bit played by this rhetoric.

Pete

I get what you are saying. And I totally agree that they underestimated how important and hard good software would be. But it is what it is. They are shipping cars now, and they have to deal with their early software mistakes while also servicing existing customers. Not ideal.
what puzzles me is that the current pains should not have been a surprise since the CEO of lucid is literally an ex-Tesla S Chief Engineer and plenty other of ex-Tesla employees at Lucid.

do you still have faith in the company?

That's my exact car! Hoping that means my VIN will be coming in the next couple of days. May I ask how you were contacted to let you know? Also, any suggestion that you'll receive the car before year's end?
Anyone got QG with Tahoe VIN assigned yet?

I'll be honest, this has been such a roller coaster for me. Still no sign of a VIN on my QG so the chance of the rebate is very slim. But as expressed here previously I find that very annoying, given that I had one of the earliest Touring reservations.

But I get it, production decisions had to be made. I may not agree with them (particularly the choice to build a bunch of GTs on spec without confirmed orders, and the choice to try and build a handful of Pure's of a unique color which most of us will know is not a slam dunk given the issues they had getting Cosmos Silver right earlier this year) but it is what it is.

My next big challenge is gonna be what if I don't get it by year end? I changed from Mojave to Santa Cruz to try and get '22 deliver. I will certainly want to undo that. And I'm not sure I would stick with DDPro. It was a marginal for me anyway given that we don't do much highway driving (but I do want the surround view stuff) and it may well be a better choice to de-spec that and save the $9k effectively offsetting the tax credit that I'm not getting because they can't deliver by year end.

Trying to just stay chill and roll with it. I know Lucid have been weird about changes once finalized, but I am sure they will make some allowances vs losing a customer.

I know they were put in a bind by the tax rebate changes, but I still think they made some odd business decisions given the challenges they faced.
Frustrations on many levels-
1. People not getting priority based on their booking times, but finalized times!
2. Folks getting priority based on certain color combos.
3. people in NE are SOL as they are focusing on meeting their numbers and likely delivering locally or geographically close areas Because of shipping problems.
4. lack of transparency and Communication from company/DA on all the above, basically they are choosing winners and losers of Fed Tax credit, just so they can meet their numbers.
sour grapes for me, so sorry about venting…

At the end of the day, I decided to go with the lease. I know, the residual isn’t great. But given how close we’re cutting it with the tax rebate, I really liked the idea of Lucid just taking the $7500 off the top right now. Once that’s approved, I’m guaranteed for 45 days. So if they don’t get it to me by EOY now, that’s their problem.

I fully plan to just buy out the lease at the end of the term. Unless I really hate the car by then, which is pretty unlikely.
Could you please share the numbers- down payment, monthly installments, residual value please. Thanks.

Back