Delivery of my Lucid GT Zenith Red with Mojave interior and 19" Wheels

TRJ_Lucid45

Verified Owner
Cars
AIR GRAND TOURING
DE Number
Took delivery on 11 May at the Seattle Service Center. They sent a Uber to pick me up at my home which removed the problem having to coordinate with my spouse to take me. Studio Advisor (SA) Joshua did a fairly good job briefing me on the Lucid, but until you use the functions you don't know what you don't know. I am still getting use to driving a EV, but overall I like the way the Lucid GT handles.

So far, I have the following observations:
1. The Lane Deviation function needs work. I agree that there should have a third option of Warning only. The intervention function makes the steering feel sticky. The only time it might be useful is on the freeway.
2. The Navigation function needs a lot of work. It is even worse than my 2014 Subaru Outback Navigation system and that is saying a lot. Why does everyone think they have to create their own Navigation system from scratch is beyond me. Google and Garmin have very good systems. There should be one master data base that everyone could access. I would like to be able to delete Destinations and be able to name Destinations.
3. I agree that the side mirrors should have a manual stow that keeps them stowed until a certain speed is exceeded, say 10 mph.

As for Navigation, I don't think Lucid is designing their own system. I think Tom Tom is the navigation supplier. This is an old article but I assume its accurate.

As for Navigation, I don't think Lucid is designing their own system. I think Tom Tom is the navigation supplier. This is an old article but I assume its accurate.

Hmmm...

“Our deal with Lucid Motors is another example of an OEM trusting TomTom as a future-proof partner for the connected car.”, said Antoine Saucier, Managing Director TomTom Automotive.

Not sure how much of that is "trusting" and how much of it is "there's literally not that many great choices out there".

I thought HERE was the Nav supplier for Lucid?

Back