Delay and Reverb for callers when using CarPlay?

deeohgee

Cars
Lucid Air Dream
I'm curious if anyone is having issues with their iPhones and CarPlay while making calls? The people I call say that it's too difficult to talk to me, there's a delay and reverb of their voices when calling me. It happens in my Lucid and also happens when I tried in a loaner Lucid.

Anything you can suggest?

I'm curious if anyone is having issues with their iPhones and CarPlay while making calls? The people I call say that it's too difficult to talk to me, there's a delay and reverb of their voices when calling me. It happens in my Lucid and also happens when I tried in a loaner Lucid.

It just doesn't work. Can't make decent phone calls. Lucid answered that they are aware of the issue. It is a CarPlay/Lucid software issue and not solved yet. I would expect that hands-free calling via CarPlay is a standard library that you purchase as Lucid and integrate into your software. How long has this functionality not existed in Automobile? The same for the interval wiper sensor and control. Call quality sucks. Windshield wipers not such a problem.

Known problem. Anxiously awaiting a software solution. They went through my car thoroughly and it’s not hardware.

Known problem. Anxiously awaiting a software solution. They went through my car thoroughly and it’s not hardware.
I’m a bit confused because my calls went from really bad to *completely fine* after 2.0.18, across like 10ish phone calls now. I wonder what changed for me and not you?

I’m a bit confused because my calls went from really bad to *completely fine* after 2.0.18, across like 10ish phone calls now. I wonder what changed for me and not you?
I’m not on .18 yet. Anxiously waiting to try it.

I’m not on .18 yet. Anxiously waiting to try it.
I made a call the other day and the person heard me fine and didn’t complain about the sound. Anecdotal, but maybe something did change in 18? I have gotten complaints before.

I'll be curious to try my calls after the update as I have terrible calls with or without CarPlay. I carry AirPods in my car to make calls. I have the update but am traveling for another week so wont know till I get back.

I'm on 2.1.15 Wouldn't that version include all earlier improvements and thus 2.0.18? Or did you mistype and mean 2.1.18 and from what date is that update?

I just picked up my Pure 4 days ago and I am having that same problem.

I picked mine up on the 31st and am on 2.1.18. I’m experiencing the same with CarPlay phone calls.

I'm on 2.1.15 Wouldn't that version include all earlier improvements and thus 2.0.18? Or did you mistype and mean 2.1.18 and from what date is that update?
2.1.18; typo. Rolling out now, since a few people have posted about it on the forums.

I picked up my car on Sept 8th and my wife says it sounds much worse than my former cars... Not happy about interface or sound quality..

I am on 2.1.20 and when I am on CarPlay people on the other end say I sound very distant. I turned off CarPlay during the middle of a call yesterday and connected via th native phone bluetooth interface and heard no complaints after that.

How do you know it is known? Let us in on your inside source! My phone is exactly teh same. Echo makes the phone unusable.

I was at the service center yesterday and mentioned that I am having this issue and they told me that a fix is coming but for now to keep the volume at 50% or less. Something about the microphone picking up the sound from the speaker.

Back