Why do people use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto?

That's you.. I miss my android auto big time in my Lucid after using it many years in prior ICE cars! I've also never had or wanted an iPhone(apple)
Buy the Carlinkit and your problems are solved! Wireless Android Auto ftw!

Buy the Carlinkit and your problems are solved! Wireless Android Auto ftw!
Is this something you use? I'm looking at the description on Amazon and it says: "CarlinKit 5.0 CarPlay Android Auto wireless adapter is suitable for cars with factory-wired CarPlay or wired Android Auto." <-- Lucid obviously does NOT have Android Auto so I question how this can even work?

If you are using this, what was the set up process? easy? can you show a photo of your android auto screen on the car?

It’s funny, because while I like CarPlay for Waze / Google / Apple Maps, I genuinely prefer the Lucid UX for almost everything else.

And if the Lucid nav were as accurate, I would actually far prefer the Lucid nav.

I suspect strongly that this is going to be one of those cases, like Apple Maps, where I don’t like it initially, and end up a few years later thinking it has the best UX of any nav app.
I have both google maps and lucid running many times. In traffic I found that Google maps do better on alternate routes Lucid here maps can take you to the wrong place sometimes. If you are in the SF bay area try navigating to costco Fremont and trader Joe's Fremont. You will be directed behind the store where you cannot park.

Is this something you use? I'm looking at the description on Amazon and it says: "CarlinKit 5.0 CarPlay Android Auto wireless adapter is suitable for cars with factory-wired CarPlay or wired Android Auto." <-- Lucid obviously does NOT have Android Auto so I question how this can even work?

If you are using this, what was the set up process? easy? can you show a photo of your android auto screen on the car?
This one

Works through wired CarPlay.

You get Netflix
1000007348.jpg

AA

1000007437.jpg

This one

Works through wired CarPlay.

You get Netflix
Do you have an iPhone?

Because I'm looking at that exact one on Amazon and it clearly talks about being compatible with an iPhone only (many versions of iPhone). I have zero interest in purchasing and iPhone AND this to get android auto. From what it says, it sounds like a way for iphone users to get android auto if they don't like carplay. Am I missing something here?

It says: "
Compatible DevicesiPhone 15 Plus、iPhone 15 Pro Max、iPhone 14、iPhone 14 Pro、iPhone 13 mini、iPhone 12 mini、iPhone 11 Pro、iPhone XS、iPhone X,iPhone 14、iPhone 13 Pro、iPhone 13、iPhone 12 Pro、iPhone 12、iPhone 11、iPhone XR、iPhone 14 Pro、iPhone 15、iPhone 15 Pro、iPhone 11 Pro Max、iPhone XS Max、iPhone 14 Plus、iPhone 13 Pro Max、iPhone 12 Pro Max、iPhone 14 Pro MaxiPhone 15 Plus、iPhone 15 Pro Max、iPhone 14、iPhone 14 Pro、iPhone 13 mini、iPhone 12 mini、iPhone 11 Pro、iPhone XS、iPhone X,iP… See more

Do you have an iPhone?

Because I'm looking at that exact one on Amazon and it clearly talks about being compatible with an iPhone only (many versions of iPhone). I have zero interest in purchasing and iPhone AND this to get android auto. From what it says, it sounds like a way for iphone users to get android auto if they don't like carplay. Am I missing something here?

It says: "
Compatible DevicesiPhone 15 Plus、iPhone 15 Pro Max、iPhone 14、iPhone 14 Pro、iPhone 13 mini、iPhone 12 mini、iPhone 11 Pro、iPhone XS、iPhone X,iPhone 14、iPhone 13 Pro、iPhone 13、iPhone 12 Pro、iPhone 12、iPhone 11、iPhone XR、iPhone 14 Pro、iPhone 15、iPhone 15 Pro、iPhone 11 Pro Max、iPhone XS Max、iPhone 14 Plus、iPhone 13 Pro Max、iPhone 12 Pro Max、iPhone 14 Pro MaxiPhone 15 Plus、iPhone 15 Pro Max、iPhone 14、iPhone 14 Pro、iPhone 13 mini、iPhone 12 mini、iPhone 11 Pro、iPhone XS、iPhone X,iP… See more
No I'm running a Galaxy S22.

Here's it in action, quick vid.

The carlinkit 5.0 will not allow you to use AA in our cars. I am returning mine to Amazon tomorrow but after discussing this with them via chat, they said the 4.0 version will work. It's only $57 after 15% off coupon on their website.

The carlinkit 5.0 will not allow you to use AA in our cars. I am returning mine to Amazon tomorrow but after discussing this with them via chat, they said the 4.0 version will work. It's only $57 after 15% off coupon on their website.
Get the QM6125 linked elsewhere

I just bought the QCM6125. Not working for me. car doesn't find it on either USB (tried both ports) or Bluetooth. Device does work on my other car, might be something unique to certain builds of the car?

I just bought the QCM6125. Not working for me. car doesn't find it on either USB (tried both ports) or Bluetooth. Device does work on my other car, might be something unique to certain builds of the car?
Correction finally got it to work had to plug it in and go into USB media. It came up in a few seconds.

This is what I am worried about but now that I saw we should get it by the end of this year anyway, I'm going to hold off on ordering this thing and hope the information is right and Gravity release means Anrdoid Auto update for us as well!

This is what I am worried about but now that I saw we should get it by the end of this year anyway, I'm going to hold off on ordering this thing and hope the information is right and Gravity release means Anrdoid Auto update for us as well!
Sounds likely that it'll coincide with UX3 release on our Airs, whenever that will be.

Back