DDP and SSP Upgrades

Bannyl

Cars
Lucid Touring
With Lucid offering free upgrades to surround sound and DDP with a purchase of their vehicles does anyone know if legacy owners are given this at no cost?

A) The SSPro and DDPro discounts are only available on 2023 inventory cars.
B) Seems highly unlikely that they'd install extra speakers and LIDAR sensors on cars without them for free....

My car came equipped with all the bells and whistles.. but I got a 3 month trial for the sound system but didn’t purchase it after the trial period ended. I was unsure if anyone have received it without cost now that it is a perk that can be added.

Yeah, that is why I’m assuming as well. I mean why would you take care of the customer who believes in this vehicle and the company lol
Well with that attitude, you should pay to support the company instead of wanting something for free...😁

Well with that attitude, you should pay to support the company instead of wanting something for free...😁
hahahahaha. I thought buying a vehicle was enough. Lol. But I do live the car.. I’m not sure why more ppl aren’t buying them.

hahahahaha. I thought buying a vehicle was enough. Lol. But I do live the car.. I’m not sure why more ppl aren’t buying them.
High interest rates, FUD about the future of the company thanks to Muskites, and just plain having never heard of the company. They're missing out tho..

Yeah, that is why I’m assuming as well. I mean why would you take care of the customer who believes in this vehicle and the company lol
It's an incentive, much like a lot of the '15% off your first order' type incentives. It's fairly rare for a company to offer existing customers the same deal as new customers, as existing customers have already bought in. T-Mobile made a big splash when they offered plans to always match their new customer offers, for this reason.

It's an incentive, much like a lot of the '15% off your first order' type incentives. It's fairly rare for a company to offer existing customers the same deal as new customers, as existing customers have already bought in. T-Mobile made a big splash when they offered plans to always match their new customer offers, for this reason.
The other main issue is that many of the DD/SS cars just don't have the hardware to upgrade. It would be incredibly cost prohibitive to pull the car apart, install all the hardware, and modify the software. It would probably cost 2x the actual upgrade price when buying new.

For example, some people with BMW M4s in the last gen wanted to upgrade their bi-xenon headlights to LEDs, at least the software was open, and could be modified through esys coding, but for an option that cost $1k when new, buying the new wiring harnesses, new lights, and all the other components individually, getting the car's firmware updated, the overall cost was $4-$5k.

Back