DA Incompetence / Purchasing Nightmare - Any Ideas?

zerocylinders

Cars
Lucid Air GT Long Range
Referral Code
OUXIN8W6
I have a VIN and supposedly my GT is sitting at the Goose Island service center waiting for me but my DA has ghosted me and my purchase check from the bank went to an empty office building / wrong address (that the DA gave me) so it is stuck in FedEx hell. With the complete incompetence of my assigned DA I am stuck. Has anyone had success in getting their DA reassigned or fired? If so who did you talk to?

Here is summary:

Received my contract offer February and was assigned my current DA "E.W."
Asked several questions via email, and asked to arrange test drive. D.A. ignored my questions but did arrange test drive.
Test drive attempt #1 cancelled because all of the test drive vehicles were in service for weeks (apparently E.W. did not know this).
Multiple e-mails to E.W., all ignored
Signed binding contract March 8 with no test drive
After signing contract, D.A. finally got back to me and finally got me a test drive in a preproduction vehicle, middle of March. Lots of issues, but Lucid sales guy at Oak Brook told me they would be fixed in final production.
In July I read a somewhat critical test drive review of the GT that pointed out that the extended range battery back caused the rear seat driver floor to be raised in a way that was not comfortable for adults in the back seat. Ugh.
I e-mailed E.W. and asked about the rear seat floor issue, and told him I would want to switch to performance. Was also interested in the newly offered stealth option. No response.
I repeated my email a month later. No response.
4 weeks ago, I was assigned a VIN. E.W. called me (still no response to any of my e-mails) and congratulated me. He clearly had never even read my e-mail. Asked about the flooring issue and whether that was true, he had no idea. I told him I would need to see the vehicle when it gets in before completing purchase.
About 2 weeks ago my vehicle was delivered to Goose Island. I asked E.W. to arrange for me to inspect it, he said he would do that.
In the meantime, I got financing lined up, signed contract (again), and had bank send $100,000 check to Lucid at the address E.W. gave me. Check was sent via FedEx Priority to arrive last week at Lucid.
On Friday, FedEx informs me that address E.W. gave me is a "closed business" - I confirmed via Google Maps that address is indeed empty.
E-mailed E.W. and asked him to send someone to get check. No response.
Several e-mails later no date to inspect vehicle. either.
Received call 2 days ago from Christian, said to be helping E.W., who promised to get me date to inspect vehicle and said he would personally look into retrieving check from FedEx.
That is the last I have heard from anyone at Lucid.
I tried e-mailing Peter Rawlinson but I doubt he will respond. Tried calling Goose Island per other suggestions that they are more helpful, but no one is picking up and no one has returned my message.

Any ideas? Is there someone at Lucid who has been responsive or is the whole company like that?

Zek Edson is who you need to speak with or Doreen Allen.

Same thing happened to me, the da assistant had me send my check to a non existent Buisness in the same complex as lucid. I was getting ready to cancel and redraw the check ( which would have added 10 days) when it magically turned up. I requested a new DA and things went smoothly after that. I can’t believe that would happen twice. There should be a big red sign in the office “ ALL PAYMENT GOES TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS “then correct address

Same thing happened to me, the da assistant had me send my check to a non existent Buisness in the same complex as lucid. I was getting ready to cancel and redraw the check ( which would have added 10 days) when it magically turned up. I requested a new DA and things went smoothly after that. I can’t believe that would happen twice. There should be a big red sign in the office “ ALL PAYMENT GOES TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS “then correct address
This is wild; first time I’ve heard about this. I ACH’d through the Plaid integration on the website, so didn’t have to deal with this nonsense.

This is good to know. Would you mind sharing the incorrect address so we can better communicate with our DAs?

This is good to know. Would you mind sharing the incorrect address so we can better communicate with our DAs?
They told me to send to 7575 gateway Blvd Newark CA which is WRONG. the correct address is 7500 gateway blvd

In July I read a somewhat critical test drive review of the GT that pointed out that the extended range battery back caused the rear seat driver floor to be raised in a way that was not comfortable for adults in the back seat. Ugh.
I e-mailed E.W. and asked about the rear seat floor issue, and told him I would want to switch to performance. Was also interested in the newly offered stealth option. No response.
I think you might be in luck that he ignored you. A lot of us read the same posts here and disagree. The comments often heard from back seat passengers is that the rear seats feel like a limo. No excuse for the poor customer service, but it would have been a shame to change your order over an internet comment like that.

That worked, thank you @hydbob !!
Yeah sorry man your DA sucks. MOST DAs are awesome, mine was, but I’ve heard of two others who don’t seem to care about doing a good job. They are of course all overworked but my fantastic DA Jacques was also and he’d respond often, although I usually just called him instead of emailing.

And the back seat of the GT is cavernous. My co-worker who’s friend has a Tesla model S plaid sat in the back of my car and said the Lucid is SUV roomy and the Tesla interior feels chintzy by comparison. Exit and entry may be a little strained if your tall just because of the low roof and door profile, but that would be the same with the smaller battery pack also. And you’re not gonna be riding around in the back seat anyway, are you???

Zek Edson is who you need to speak with or Doreen Allen.
How do you get a hold of Zak Edson? I tried to search for his contact info on the Lucid website but I can't seem to find it. I don't have a LinkedIn account so that option always comes up blank for me.

And the back seat of the GT is cavernous. My co-worker who’s
I completely agree with this, the backseat is really very roomy. I have only sat back there twice but it is awesome (and in my opinion actually better than the front because the roomy view is pretty cool). Sadly it is my kids who get the chauffeur treatment- they have no issues with space and one of them is 6'1".

Yeah sorry man your DA sucks. MOST DAs are awesome, mine was, but I’ve heard of two others who don’t seem to care about doing a good job.
I had the same problem with my DA early on, had to get them switched. All the same issues, failure to reply to emails or voicemails. Ask to get yours switched.

Is there someone at Lucid who has been responsive or is the whole company like that?
So my experience has not been good with Lucid. Recently I had a bad problem requiring the car to get towed, you can see those posts under the car just died; but even before that I was having issues getting ahold of anyone at Lucid for the car title, for a list of issues that were wrong with the car, etc... When your bank is sending you nasty emails about the title, you definitely feel an urgency to get that fixed.... it still is not, sadly. Most people on this forum seem to have really good service experiences, however I have speculated that where I live (DFW) is a poorly served locale and several others who live here have also PM'ed me to agree with this. But this doesn't explain the email problems that I have faced, so I don't know about that. Once again I seem to be in the minority. Then again it could be that now that I have a major issue the shortcomings of service are coming to light....

So my experience has not been good with Lucid. Recently I had a When your bank is sending you nasty emails about the title, you definitely feel an urgency to get that fixed.... it still is not, sadly.
This is actually not Lucid’s fault, it’s the state title people where you live who take a stupid amount of time. I know this because I got the same email/letter from Bank of America, called my DA Jacques and he said it’s super common where the state is very slow and there’s nothing you can do, and even though the bank messages sound scary their an automatic message and the bank doesn’t actually do anything about it. The Lucid paperwork is sent to the state within a few days of you taking delivery.

My DA was amazing!! she actually went to FDMV in person to register the car. Waited on line to get the Express lane sticker as well. FED Ex everything the same day.

This is actually not Lucid’s fault, it’s the state title people where you live who take a stupid amount of time. I know this because I got the same

Makes total sense, but no one from Lucid would ever (and still haven't) emailed or called me back to tell me this. Hence customer service complaints. 🫤

I have a VIN and supposedly my GT is sitting at the Goose Island service center waiting for me but my DA has ghosted me and my purchase check from the bank went to an empty office building / wrong address (that the DA gave me) so it is stuck in FedEx hell. With the complete incompetence of my assigned DA I am stuck. Has anyone had success in getting their DA reassigned or fired? If so who did you talk to?

Here is summary:

Asked several questions via email, and asked to arrange test drive. D.A. ignored my questions but did arrange test drive.
Test drive attempt #1 cancelled because all of the test drive vehicles were in service for weeks (apparently E.W. did not know this).
After signing contract, D.A. finally got back to me and finally got me a test drive in a preproduction vehicle, middle of March. Lots of issues, but Lucid sales guy at Oak Brook told me they would be fixed in final production.
4 weeks ago, I was assigned a VIN. E.W. called me (still no response to any of my e-mails) and congratulated me. He clearly had never even read my e-mail. Asked about the flooring issue and whether that was true, he had no idea. I told him I would need to see the vehicle when it gets in before completing purchase.
About 2 weeks ago my vehicle was delivered to Goose Island. I asked E.W. to arrange for me to inspect it, he said he would do that.
In the meantime, I got financing lined up, signed contract (again), and had bank send $100,000 check to Lucid at the address E.W. gave me. Check was sent via FedEx Priority to arrive last week at Lucid.
On Friday, FedEx informs me that address E.W. gave me is a "closed business" - I confirmed via Google Maps that address is indeed empty.
Received call 2 days ago from Christian, said to be helping E.W., who promised to get me date to inspect vehicle and said he would personally look into retrieving check from FedEx.
I tried e-mailing Peter Rawlinson but I doubt he will respond. Tried calling Goose Island per other suggestions that they are more helpful, but no one is picking up and no one has returned my message.

Any ideas? Is there someone at Lucid who has been responsive or is the whole company like that?
call 888 995-8243 . instead of choosing "DA" I might select "1" for owners. It will get you to Customer Care and they are pretty resdponsive, knowledgable and helpful. Good luck

Makes total sense, but no one from Lucid would ever (and still haven't) emailed or called me back to tell me this. Hence customer service complaints. 🫤
Not that this helps you in any way, but it took Rivian over three months to register our R1T in Florida. The IL plates had actually expired after 90 days. To its credit Rivian offered us a rental replacement while waiting for the Florida plates.

my AGT was delivered in MA but is registered in FL. LUCID handled the registration without a hitch.

Here is summary:

I believe I have the same DA who i refer to as a spud who listens to Devo (no disrespect to Devo).
I have been tooting my horn to have folks contact Edward at Goose Island.
For example he guided to bring my check from the bank to Goose Island,
I did that Friday, and later that day I saw on the Lucid site that the payment had been credited to my account and showed a zero balance.
Hopefully my car will complete its' PDI tomorrow and I can pick it up after work.
I completely believe that my process timing (one and a half months from order confirmation to delivery) is because I got Edward involved after recognizing that my DA was good for nothing.
I was connected to Edward by the Manager at the Oakbrook store after the SA there and well as my DA were unable to determine if I would be able to get the IL $4500 electric car rebate. Edward confirmed that I am and let me know that he completes the State form and provides it during delivery.

Back