Disappointed but still hopeful

doughertz

Cars
Lucid Air Pure, Maserati
So I got my Air Pure 2 weeks ago. Really want to love it and largely I do but I am very disappointed with some aspects of the sales/delivery process. When I got the car one of the key fobs was dead. No big deal it was identified right away and I was promised a new battery. 2+ weeks later and still dont have it. Also I was told that registration and plates woudl be sent in the mail to me. Fine. It took them nearly 2 weeks to send me paperwork which I would need to fill out and have notarized to then FedEx back to get them to submit and receive the plates. This is just ridiculous. This should have gotten to me the next day and I should have Ben told I would need a notary. It is now 3 weeks driving without plates and I’m just waiting for a ticket. If Lucid wants to make a name for themselves not just as a great luxury vehicle but with the service and support to match, it needs to address these lapses. I hope someone at Lucid monitors this forum and these things get back to management. I would hate for this company to fail because they can’t execute on the little but still very important things. BTW, the car drives great and its been a wonderful experience so far but as I’ve said elsewhere on the forum, my experience has been very erratic with some items wonderful and some just perplexingly poor. Like yesterday, after a software upgrade which was supposed to give me better control of rear seat warmers, my radio Is now displaying one station while playing another. Get it together Lucid!

Don’t want to throw my delivery guy under the bus. But I’m getting close.

Don’t want to throw my delivery guy under the bus. But I’m getting close.
Not the DA(delivery "guy"), the official customer care as well. They may be able to resolve your issue and if needed service the car.

I have to admit the sales process I experienced was also lacking. Lots of promises and at the end lots of missed deadlines. The delivery of the car was great. I got sick the day of delivery and they delivered it to my home. The car is awesome and I love it. I learned that Lucid does not have dealerships, and as such, they are not able to deliver the services and turn around we are used to. They are not able to issue registrations immediately, they are not able to get you financing on the spot, etc. however, they did deliver my car with the current license plate I owned. All I had to do is send them a picture of the plate. So all in all, frustrating experience that took a few weeks longer than promised.
All of this was quickly forgotten when I started driving the car. It is just exactly what I was looking for.

With all respect, it seems strange to me that two weeks after having your car, your big takeaway is the delivery experience, which is now in the past. You can go to any store and buy the battery for your fob for $2. Nobody has ever gotten a ticket for not having plates on a new car. The window sticker tells cops that it’s a new car and in process. An Air or valet card reset will solve your radio station issue.

Ask some Tesla owners how their delivery experience was. “Here is your fob, the car is somewhere in lot C. If you have any issues, file a ticket online”. I just had my minor issues addressed with my Rivian two months after taking delivery.

I would focus on learning as much as you can about your car and enjoy the engineering marvel which it is.

So I got my Air Pure 2 weeks ago. Really want to love it and largely I do but I am very disappointed with some aspects of the sales/delivery process. When I got the car one of the key fobs was dead. No big deal it was identified right away and I was promised a new battery. 2+ weeks later and still dont have it. Also I was told that registration and plates woudl be sent in the mail to me. Fine. It took them nearly 2 weeks to send me paperwork which I would need to fill out and have notarized to then FedEx back to get them to submit and receive the plates. This is just ridiculous. This should have gotten to me the next day and I should have Ben told I would need a notary. It is now 3 weeks driving without plates and I’m just waiting for a ticket. If Lucid wants to make a name for themselves not just as a great luxury vehicle but with the service and support to match, it needs to address these lapses. I hope someone at Lucid monitors this forum and these things get back to management. I would hate for this company to fail because they can’t execute on the little but still very important things. BTW, the car drives great and its been a wonderful experience so far but as I’ve said elsewhere on the forum, my experience has been very erratic with some items wonderful and some just perplexingly poor. Like yesterday, after a software upgrade which was supposed to give me better control of rear seat warmers, my radio Is now displaying one station while playing another. Get it together Lucid!
It took me six months to get my plates. Lucid were apologetic and had no issue sending new temp tags, as the originals expired. It wasn't a big deal. Like @Drendino said, cops are very aware of temporary registration.

Lucid doesn't have dealerships, which complicates matters quite a bit. Every state has different laws about registration and licensing. Between these government agencies delaying things, and Lucid not quite having the infrastructure in place yet to make it super seamless, sometimes it takes some extra time. I, too, had to get forms notarized, etc. Was it a pain in the butt? A little. But do I care now? Not at all.

Enjoy the car. And as suggested, tell Customer Care about these issues. They need to hear the feedback directly from customers. That's the only way they're going to improve.

With all respect, it seems strange to me that two weeks after having your car, your big takeaway is the delivery experience, which is now in the past. You can go to any store and buy the battery for your fob for $2. Nobody has ever gotten a ticket for not having plates on a new car. The window sticker tells cops that it’s a new car and in process. An Air or valet card reset will solve your radio station issue.

Ask some Tesla owners how their delivery experience was. “Here is your fob, the car is somewhere in lot C. If you have any issues, file a ticket online”. I just had my minor issues addressed with my Rivian two months after taking delivery.

I would focus on learning as much as you can about your car and enjoy the engineering marvel which it is.
Not sure why you seem to so focused on ignoring issues. I stated quite clearly that I am hopeful. BTW had 2 Teslas and the experience at delivery was far superior so don’t compare please. I’m not looking for you to be an apologist for the brand, I’m looking for all of us to work to improve the overall experience, from start to finish. If we can’t look honestly at the flaws, we can never get better.

Not sure why you seem to so focused on ignoring issues. I stated quite clearly that I am hopeful. BTW had 2 Teslas and the experience at delivery was far superior so don’t compare please. I’m not looking for you to be an apologist for the brand, I’m looking for all of us to work to improve the overall experience, from start to finish. If we can’t look honestly at the flaws, we can never get better.
You do realize that he is one of the few on this forum that I find to be COMPLETELY neutral to Lucid and often calls out fanboyism here? He even owns a R1S and is saying this.

As @joec said, call customer service. They are usually very eager to fix things. If you have a service center near you, try that as well. I find lucid service to be exceptional.

And with all due respect, I disagree with your tesla comment. I literally witnessed a model y being dropped off to my neighbor, unlocked with the key in it, while they were camping 3 states away. They did not get a notice until AFTER the delivery and literally rushed home. Maybe if your two teslas were before 2017, I agree. Tesla service used to be exceptional then. After the 3 and the Y, it is a train wreck. I went to the tesla store once in 2016, they were like apple store employees in the best sense. Now they are not. However, Lucid DOES remind me of early tesla and has that apple store feel.

You do realize that he is one of the few on this forum that I find to be COMPLETELY neutral to Lucid and often calls out fanboyism here? He even owns a R1S and is saying this.

As @joec said, call customer service. They are usually very eager to fix things. If you have a service center near you, try that as well. I find lucid service to be exceptional.

And with all due respect, I disagree with your tesla comment. I literally witnessed a model y being dropped off to my neighbor, unlocked with the key in it, while they were camping 3 states away. They did not get a notice until AFTER the delivery and literally rushed home. Maybe if your two teslas were before 2017, I agree. Tesla service used to be exceptional then. After the 3 and the Y, it is a train wreck. I went to the tesla store once in 2016, they were like apple store employees in the best sense. Now they are not. However, Lucid DOES remind me of early tesla and has that apple store feel.
Complete disagree on Tesla service at least in my area. It is exceptional and when I picked up my Model S two years it was good too, even though was still Covid protocols at that time. Just like everything, service at an auto company differers on where you are located. Another example is my BMW service is outstanding at my nearest location, but yet the BMW service about 45 minutes away is always bad, as constantly changing employees. So, I never make blanket statements on any auto mfg. 🙂

Complete disagree on Tesla service at least in my area. It is exceptional and when I picked up my Model S two years it was good too, even though was still Covid protocols at that time. Just like everything, service at an auto company differers on where you are located. Another example is my BMW service is outstanding at my nearest location, but yet the BMW service about 45 minutes away is always bad, as constantly changing employees. So, I never make blanket statements on any auto mfg. 🙂
Interesting. I do agree that location matters. Where are you(or rather your tesla location) located?

My 2016 visit was at short hills, a very wealthy place. My most recent visit was in springfield, which is not as wealthy as short hills. A year or two ago, the short hills location closed and polestar(as well as lucid!) replaced it. Perhaps that could be a key factor in the change?

Tesla service in the Boulder area was pretty terrible. But it probably does matter where you live.

Interesting. I do agree that location matters. Where are you(or rather your tesla location) located?

My 2016 visit was at short hills, a very wealthy place. My most recent visit was in springfield, which is not as wealthy as short hills. A year or two ago, the short hills location closed and polestar(as well as lucid!) replaced it. Perhaps that could be a key factor in the change?
Cleveland area.

Confused by the “driving without plates” - did you not get 90 day AZ temp tags?

Confused by the “driving without plates” - did you not get 90 day AZ temp tags?
Perhaps he meant the permanent plates? The temp tags come with the car.. i think he is complaining about the service regarding this.

When my wife bought her Tesla model 3, here is the key fob, there is your car. Sign here. Let me know if you find issues. Lucid delivery is superior in every way!

These are very minor issues. I wouldn't fret about it. Enjoy the car!

Complaining about not receiving a new battery for your fob and you're still waiting for it? Am I reading this correctly because I'm confused.

Also, no temporary plates?

Back