Current Functionality of DreamDrive Pro

bearmdjd

Cars
Zenith Red Grand Touring
Hi All,
I just received word that my GT is ready for delivery (order April 2021). For current Dream and GT owners - can someone tell me which DreamDrive Pro features are actually active right now? I’ve had Teslas for a long time and I am VERY dependent on Tesla “Full Self Driving” (more than 200k miles driven on autopilot). I am trying to figure out how far along in the roll out DreamDrive Pro is at this point. I see some threads on adaptive cruise control but those descriptions aren’t very reassuring. Questions:
1) Does the adaptive cruise control come to a complete stop for stopped traffic and then start again?
2) Is active lane centering enabled? What about passive lane centering?
3) Are automatic lane changes enabled?

I’m trying to get a sense of how far along DreamDrive Pro is at this point. If lane centering and ACC don’t work I won’t drive the thing.

Appreciate your input. Thanks!

Hi All,
I just received word that my GT is ready for delivery (order April 2021). For current Dream and GT owners - can someone tell me which DreamDrive Pro features are actually active right now? I’ve had Teslas for a long time and I am VERY dependent on Tesla “Full Self Driving” (more than 200k miles driven on autopilot). I am trying to figure out how far along in the roll out DreamDrive Pro is at this point. I see some threads on adaptive cruise control but those descriptions aren’t very reassuring. Questions:
1) Does the adaptive cruise control come to a complete stop for stopped traffic and then start again?

I’m trying to get a sense of how far along DreamDrive Pro is at this point. If lane centering and ACC don’t work I won’t drive the thing.

1. Yes, but you’ll have to tap on the accelerator or hit the up button to restart. It does alert you when traffic has restarted again, and if it only slows to 1mph or so it will continue up.

2. It has lane departure warnings where it will try to nudge you back in the lane (passively and actively, optionally) but not lane centering. Lane centering is coming with Highway Assist later this year; for now, you’ve gotta steer.

3. Nope. That should come with Highway Assist as well, per my understanding, later this year.

1. Yes, but you’ll have to tap on the accelerator or hit the up button to restart. It does alert you when traffic has restarted again, and if it only slows to 1mph or so it will continue up.

2. It has lane departure warnings where it will try to nudge you back in the lane (passively and actively, optionally) but not lane centering. Lane centering is coming with Highway Assist later this year; for now, you’ve gotta steer.

3. Nope. That should come with Highway Assist as well, per my understanding, later this year.
Thank you! That’s incredibly helpful. “Later this year” doesn’t sound promising. I turned down a Dream Edition when they said DreamDrive Pro wouldn’t be active until the Spring. I’ve got some thinking to do.

Last edited:
"Later this year" is where Tesla's "Full Self Driving" has been for 4+ years. So far it's been mostly TACC, lane centering, and lane changes. At up to $12K.

"Later this year" is where Tesla's "Full Self Driving" has been for 4+ years. So far it's been mostly TACC, lane centering, and lane changes. At up to $12K.
Agree that Tesla is full of it, but TACC and lane centering are both available across the industry through multiple brands. Very disappointing that Lucid can’t get that minimal functionality active at launch. It’s not 2012 anymore, these features should be standard.

All of this reminds me of my sister's wedding many years ago. She went to what seemed like a 100 weddings. When it came time for hers she assumed that the best parts of every wedding she ever attended would be standard. Pun intended, but an impossible standard to live up to.

The car is such a pleasure to drive I am having a hard time understanding how potential buyers walk away because the car does not drive itself. What am I missing?
I drive 30-50k miles a year. My days of driving myself are done 😂

Given the quality and frequency of OTA updates so far, I am very much expecting Highway Assist to come later this year.

The big difference between Lucid’s approach and Tesla’s is that Lucid isn’t overpromising; they aren’t promising city FSD, but are much more specific about their Highway assist options, which makes me much more comfortable expecting it to actually happen.

Great hearing everyone's opinions. I'm late to the EV game as I live out in the country and there are only a few chargers here in the rural Northeast.
As this is my first EV, it'll take at least 'to the end of this year' before I do anything other than drive the car myself.

It is great to know how much confidence everyone on the thread has in the technology. There's hope for me.

FWIW I tend to believe Lucid's timelines are closer to reality than Tesla's estimations.

... atleast you didn't pay $243,000 as an interest-free loan for a car in 2017 and still don't have anything.

Yes- I really depended on Tesla's Auto Pilot as well- have had the GT now for about a month. Miss the Auto Pilot- especially on drives longer than one hour. However- Lucid announced a partnership with Nvidia that should hasten the process towards Highway Assist/Dream Drive Pro/Auto Pilot - whatever you call it. "hasten the process" - I'm not sure if that means a week, month or a year. But the software and sensors are all in place- just needs an OTA. Hoping sooner than later. But as a driver- Lucid GT is SO much better than Tesla Model S P100D .

I used to love autopilot on my MYP. However, after the third phantom brake incident, my family was quite shaken and I agreed not to use it again until Tesla confirm that the problem is well understood & fixed.

I used to love autopilot on my MYP. However, after the third phantom brake incident, my family was quite shaken and I agreed not to use it again until Tesla confirm that the problem is well understood & fixed.
So never? Have they even acknowledged it was an issue?

From what I read, the overall talking point from the Tesla fanboys are that it’s usually a user issue and has been patched many versions ago (don’t believe this).

They're spending engineering time on "Full Self Driving" instead, which is a completely separate codebase. Public release has been "later this year" for at least three years. In the meantime, Teslas still have a phantom braking problem.

They're spending engineering time on "Full Self Driving" instead, which is a completely separate codebase. Public release has been "later this year" for at least three years. In the meantime, Teslas still have a phantom braking problem.
Later this decade or century 😂

@bearmdjd highway assist is already outlined in the manual so I expect it is probably feature complete and will be rolled out sooner than later.

Hi All,

i too have become addicted to the FSD features and this isn't anywhere close! it’s currently comparable to my Subaru with Eyesight… it’s definitely a car that must be driven… but good news, its fun as heck to drive in all conditions, and it does work well if sitting in traffic jams, and the rest of the features i love are gonna happen; so i’m not disappointed, but for long work commute i’ll still take the tesla, its just easier

Back