Creaking from Driver's Seat

elusive7

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
IDBMNVK2
Hey all, just wondering if anyone else has experienced a creaking noise coming from above/slightly behind them while sitting in the driver's seat. Typically happens when I accelerate from a standstill or when I decelerate.

I'm aware of the rear deck parcel shelf issue, but this one is a different sound (I had the rear deck parcel shelf issue as well; service was able to fix that) but they haven't fixed this one yet. I've also heard the noise in loaners as well but don't think I've seen this specific issue discussed yet.

Have someone sit behind you while you are stationary. Try shifting your weight in the driver’s seat to replicate the sound. Likely it is two panels rubbing together. Apply dry lube or leather conditioner as needed.

Hey all, just wondering if anyone else has experienced a creaking noise coming from above/slightly behind them while sitting in the driver's seat. Typically happens when I accelerate from a standstill or when I decelerate.

I'm aware of the rear deck parcel shelf issue, but this one is a different sound (I had the rear deck parcel shelf issue as well; service was able to fix that) but they haven't fixed this one yet. I've also heard the noise in loaners as well but don't think I've seen this specific issue discussed yet.
I had the same issue. Mobile service lubricated when they were fixing my rear deck creak and I haven’t had an issue since.

I have the same noise…mine is from the roof bar right above/behind the driver's seat. I can duplicate the noise by reaching up and grabbing the alcantara covered cross bar. I only notice the noise first thing in the morning while I first taken the car out for a drive. The noise disappears when the car heats up by the sun. Since the noise disappears and not constant, I’m just going to leave it alone and not bother fixing it.

I've had it twice - once in the driver's seat and they lubricated and the other in the passenger seat and they replaced it. Currently, the driver's side is squeeking again so it will need to go back. Hopefully the won't have to replace it again as I've had both front seats replaced already :(

I've had it twice - once in the driver's seat and they lubricated and the other in the passenger seat and they replaced it. Currently, the driver's side is squeeking again so it will need to go back. Hopefully the won't have to replace it again as I've had both front seats replaced already :(
😔 that sucks. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) for me, it's only been in the driver's seat. Thinking ill make a call to service tomorrow -- what did you tell them exactly? "My seat is creaking" and they just lubricated / replaced it? Was there a specific area of the seat that it was coming from? I tried sitting in the back and having my wife drive today and it sounded like it was coming from inside the seat, on the left half of it, behind the compartment-esque thing that kind of pulls out.

my sounds were coming from where the hard shell in the back was meeting/joining the chair. I isolated it by going to the back and pressing the seat back, back and forth. It's much more noticeable while sitting in the driver's seat than it is in the back seat, even when moving the seat back.

For me, they removed the hard shell and lubricated in between that and the seat but it didn't work but I suspect the squeeking is coming from using different materials together (e.g. hard plastic right up against soft leather).

Good luck

Back