Countdown to Year End

When I bought my Tesla Model S in 2019, I had to pay the full payment up front or arrange financing up front before picking up the car at the Delivery Center. Its not really a really new thing, maybe its new from the dealership paradigm, but there is a lot of paper work they run for you like tax, title, license and all that and I am sure that requires proof of purchase.

When you go to pick it up you can always refuse it on site

i just talked to my Delivery Advisor. She still has no indication that my car is in queue for delivery or even through inspection. I asked her what Lucid is going to do if customers lose the tax credit because a Dream doesn't get delivered by year end, and she dodged it. She first said they intend to get all the cars delivered by year end. I told her that was not going to happen, and I wanted to know what Lucid's position was on the loss of the tax credit. She said that Lucid had no position as there was as of yet no new tax law. She reiterated that the delivery team was working hard to get everything delivered. I retorted that, with Christmas this week, my car needing to be transported across the country then inspected and prepped at this end, there was little chance for delivery by the end of next week, and I still wanted to know what Lucid's position would be if the tax credit were lost as a result. She again said "the intention" is to get all the cars delivered.
If you accept delivery next year, will there not be a tax credit for you in 2023?

If you accept delivery next year, will there not be a tax credit for you in 2023?

The tax proposals that have been bandied about for next year include limiting tax credits for passenger vehicles only to vehicles costing $55,000 or less. Even though no bill was enacted in 2021 for the 2022 tax year, it's common to make tax changes retroactive to the start of the year in which a bill is passed. However, there are differing views as to whether they might try to remove a tax credit retroactively, as people might have already purchased an EV in anticipation of the tax credit offsetting some of the cost.

As things stand right now, the current tax credit of $7,500 carries into 2022. But there is a certain level of risk to its staying in place.

At least there is no dealer markup.

Back