Close up of 20” Q2 Aero Wheels

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
EE4001C3-3AF0-4A35-B4A4-95609F755C61.jpeg
Michelin 265/40 ZR

I like these and have them on my order (just confirmed last week). I had two questions my DA is checking on: First, will there be a snow tire option available for these rims (for next season), and second, does the Q2 availability mean that my order will be delayed (or still fall within the 2-4 month window estimate).

Helluva lot easier to clean than the DE 21"

I don’t understand why they are not offering all season tires on 20”.

I thought the Pilot Sport were already AS?

Helluva lot easier to clean than the DE 21"
I thought the Pilot Sport were already AS?

I've still got one or two more of the special Minnesota winters left before moving back to northern California, so I'm hoping they develop a snow tire option.

MICHELIN® PILOT® SPORT EV - FAQ

Is MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport EV tire a summer, winter, or all-season tire?

MICHELIN® Pilot® SportEV is a summer tire, member of the MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport family, dedicated to New Electric Vehicle (NEV), including Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV), and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV), equipping both Passenger Car and SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle).

Ahh dang

I'm taking delivery on 19" to maximize range for trip home and for snow tires. I'm conflicted since we had two storms with accumulating snow. Neither was more than 6". Do I install a lift to change tires or do I try and have them changed by service center 3 hours away in Chicago?

Will they store wheels and tires?

No need to install a lift for wheel change outs. A roller jack and an impact wrench is all that is needed. You can swing all four wheels in 15-20mins without fret. Maybe a one time $300 investment.

I'm taking delivery on 19" to maximize range for trip home and for snow tires. I'm conflicted since we had two storms with accumulating snow. Neither was more than 6". Do I install a lift to change tires or do I try and have them changed by service center 3 hours away in Chicago?

Will they store wheels and tires?

They won’t store them for you but they *will* do it via mobile service. That’s how they swap mine!

No need to install a lift for wheel change outs. A roller jack and an impact wrench is all that is needed. You can swing all four wheels in 15-20mins without fret. Maybe a one time $300 investment.

Have jacking points been shown? I'm still in waiting for VIN mode. Are these tires directional? On previous vehicles would do rotation with change.

Screenshot_20220221-060045_Chrome.jpg

Haha...again with the manual? Are you trying to start a new trend?

Seriously, the link to the manual was probably the most useful post, and should be part of the front page somewhere (along with the tips for what to look for / do on delivery).

Have jacking points been shown? I'm still in waiting for VIN mode. Are these tires directional? On previous vehicles would do rotation with change.

They are directional / asymmetric.

Attachments

• A4321347-E8B5-460F-A9AB-526551599C17.png
    A4321347-E8B5-460F-A9AB-526551599C17.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 152
  • ECA0ADF9-9E5C-40A1-AAC0-E3799B2458A9.png
    ECA0ADF9-9E5C-40A1-AAC0-E3799B2458A9.png
    1 MB · Views: 125
Great thanks! Will probably put snow tires on the day after Thanksgiving and off on tax day, doing rotation at the same time.

Lucid actually doesn’t recommend you rotate these tires, interestingly.

36BA50C7-4714-41F3-901D-EA5C29BB3124.jpeg

Great thanks! Will probably put snow tires on the day after Thanksgiving and off on tax day, doing rotation at the same time.
So these tires can be rotated right to left? Nevermind just saw Borski's post and I didn't think you should rotate these tires.

Now to figure out storage. New house doesn't have as much garage floor space.

Back