Tire Options

Pavlova

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring, QG
Referral Code
M7YS6O23
Hello,

I'm currently running a factory 20" Michelin Pilot Sport EV, but I came across with Hankook's EV tires called iON.

Have anyone tried these tires? I've heard they are much quieter, better EV range and perform very similarly as to Michelins.

Also would Lucid Air would be capable to run with 45 instead of 40?

Here is Original Micheline Pilot Sport EV Spec
1711941650894.png
1711941664629.png

Here is Hankook iON tire Spec
1711941676057.png

1711941691931.png

I'm no expert on tires, but I'd be careful using tires with different sidewall ratios. I'm guessing they'd probably still fit the wheel well ok, but if there were any issues related to the difference in tire size, you'd be on the hook for any repairs. The 45 ratios would be about an inch bigger in diameter:
SmartSelect_20240331_203515_Chrome.jpg

If I'm incorrect, someone please correct me.

I would actually be losing only a quarter inch as far as the wheel well space goes... so I don't think I will have any issues, but just wanted to see if anyone has already tried them.

You won't have an issue with rubbing or anything, i don't even think warranty will be an issue, but your speedo will be off, your mileage will be off, and you may even have range loss due to the tires being bigger and heavier. So you may not get the effect you're looking for.

Also don't forget to consider whether the tire might rub in full steering lock in either direction, while going over a bump. This would go for any tire larger than OEM size.

I got a flat tire!!!! 😭
Do I call service or just any tire shop?

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Attachments

• IMG_4635.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 50
Lucid Road Service.

Just under $500 for a brand new tire — labor of course was in that. That seems like a great deal or am I blinded? 🫣

I am chagrin to announce I have a small bubble on a front 21", after accusing some folk here of being babies or poor drivers when they complain about the 21" Pirellis. I noticed it AFTER installing two of the wheels in the set. Took it to the new service center here in King of Prussia and got them to mount the summer rims/tires ( I'm getting too old to do this at home, and those 265 wheels/tires are really really {heavy} hard to mount by yourself). So far it's $400 + $100 for a new tire and swap winter to summer wheels, but the electronic invoicing has sent me 4 bills so far, all the same, so I don't know what it really costs.

I have to say the summer 21" are a lot heavier than I thought. I'm wondering now if the 19"s would be better handling with some summer rubber? Or forged wheels with carbon brakes ?
dem's wheels um brakes
... the horror
... the horror

Oh, I want everyone to understand I do definitely notice a big difference. The ride on the 21" Pirellis is better, and quieter. The handling of course. However the TPMS is not working. As it was not working before the update that added the tire size swapping feature, I am not concerned. I did not buy this car for it's clever software. I learned to drive on a car that did not have a gas gauge.
1713631479078.jpeg

Last edited:
I am chagrin to announce I have a small bubble on a front 21", after accusing some folk here of being babies or poor drivers when they complain about the 21" Pirellis. I noticed it AFTER installing two of the wheels in the set. Took it to the new service center here in King of Prussia and got them to mount the summer rims/tires ( I'm getting too old to do this at home, and those 265 wheels/tires are really really {heavy} hard to mount by yourself). So far it's $400 + $100 for a new tire and swap winter to summer wheels, but the electronic invoicing has sent me 4 bills so far, all the same, so I don't know what it really costs.

I have to say the summer 21" are a lot heavier than I thought. I'm wondering now if the 19"s would be better handling with some summer rubber? Or forged wheels with carbon brakes ?
dem's wheels um brakes
... the horror
... the horror

Oh, I want everyone to understand I do definitely notice a big difference. The ride on the 21" Pirellis is better, and quieter. The handling of course. However the TPMS is not working. As it was not working before the update that added the tire size swapping feature, I am not concerned. I did not buy this car for it's clever software. I learned to drive on a car that did not have a gas gauge.
View attachment 20032
Drop by a service center. They have to set up the 21” TPMS once, and then from that point you can swap tires at will via the UI.

I would actually be losing only a quarter inch as far as the wheel well space goes... so I don't think I will have any issues, but just wanted to see if anyone has already tried them.
I would advise against it. That is actually a pretty large difference to a tightly engineered and optimized system which impacts the dynamics of the tire and wheel and messes with what the computer thinks is happening to the vehicle, in addition to the speedo and odo being off.

Back