Chargepoint Home Flex Issue

I had this issue but haven’t had it since I let the scheduling of the charge be totally controlled by the Lucid scheduler, the scheduler on the Chargepoint is turned to off.
I've only done scheduled charging from the Lucid side, but this still happens at least once a week. - if I plug in every day it will be twice weekly.

Just received a belated email the states “ CP is aware of the problem as it is shared by several Lucid owners. “. They are “working actively with Lucid to solve the issue”. I interpret this as meaning that switching out chargers is not a real solution.

Just received a belated email the states “ CP is aware of the problem as it is shared by several Lucid owners. “. They are “working actively with Lucid to solve the issue”. I interpret this as meaning that switching out chargers is not a real solution.
Yep this was the the same message from months ago. I got rid of their charger because of this.

We have no problems charging my wife's EQS, only my Lucid. It seems to help if I let the car wake up completely before I insert the charging plug.

I haven’t read this entire thread, but my Home Flex is still running strong with no issues 😅
Do you use scheduled charging from the lucid side?

I haven’t read this entire thread, but my Home Flex is still running strong with no issues 😅
Well, I found an issue with the ChargePoint account system. You can only have one charger per email address! So stupid.

yup .. found that out back in September (2022) .. VERY disappointing! I was going to replace 2 Tesla Chargers w/ more Chargepoints, but decided not to because of this "feature"

yup .. found that out back in September (2022) .. VERY disappointing! I was going to replace 2 Tesla Chargers w/ more Chargepoints, but decided not to because of this "feature"
FWIW I’ve had ZERO issues with my JuiceBox on the Lucid and the I Pace.

FWIW I’ve had ZERO issues with my JuiceBox on the Lucid and the I Pace.
I returned my Lucid charger because it would have put my box at the max. If I had known about all these problems with charge point I would have kept it, and set it at 60AMPs.
Mine is intermittent though so I still think there may be a pattern to it.

I returned my Lucid charger because it would have put my box at the max. If I had known about all these problems with charge point I would have kept it, and set it at 60AMPs.
Mine is intermittent though so I still think there may be a pattern to it.
Lucid's charger can also be set to 60 amps. Mine is set there, as I re-used an existing circuit that was powering a Tesla charger.

Yes it is but just open another email account.
Here's two elegant ways to have multiple email addresses with just one Gmail account:
1. Use a plus (+) to create unlimited variants of your Gmail. Append a plus (+) sign after your email address and after that, add any combination of words or numbers to create different personalized email IDs... which all go to the original inbox. If your current email ID is [email protected], you can modify your email to [email protected] and still receive any email at [email protected].
2. Use a dot (.) to create variants of your primary address. By adding a dot (.) anywhere in your Gmail address, websites will think it's a different address but Gmail ignores then sod they all come to the original inbox. If your current email ID is [email protected], you can modify your email to [email protected] and still get email at [email protected].

Here's two elegant ways to have multiple email addresses with just one Gmail account:
1. Use a plus (+) to create unlimited variants of your Gmail. Append a plus (+) sign after your email address and after that, add any combination of words or numbers to create different personalized email IDs... which all go to the original inbox. If your current email ID is [email protected], you can modify your email to [email protected] and still receive any email at [email protected].
2. Use a dot (.) to create variants of your primary address. By adding a dot (.) anywhere in your Gmail address, websites will think it's a different address but Gmail ignores then sod they all come to the original inbox. If your current email ID is [email protected], you can modify your email to [email protected] and still get email at [email protected].
Still not elegant to have to switch accounts to manage chargers.

My thought is they assume one charger per car which equals one person. That’s reasonable as an assumption, but completely naive in practice.

This does give me an excuse to switch over to Ubiquiti EV stations and mess with those though 😏

The issue for me is having to log out of the ChargePoint app and back in with the second email address.

Yes. ChargePoint was shortsighted. Would have bought a second ChargePoint Flex, but didn’t because of the one per account limitation.

You can also use as many dots as you’d like, and combine that with the +. I often use the + to sign up for services and see if they sold my email, because if I get an email from anyone but Yelp to [email protected] I immediately delete my Yelp account and never use them again (I have a running blacklist).

But I’m an odd duck, and security is ingrained into my very being, so maybe I’m the weird one.

Back