Chargepoint Home Flex Issue

Chargepoint is too slow to respond. Have spoken to three reps so far but my case was not escalated to L2. I've told them that this is the common issue with LUCIDs. Waiting for them to resolve and RMA mine with Rev 5 CP charger. Keeping fingers crossed.

Chargepoint is too slow to respond
I've had an issue outstanding for nearly a month now. I finally got an acknowledgement that the unit needs to be replaced, but that was after the breaker won't stay engaged. I've received an e-mail about the RMA, but no indication that the new unit has shipped. Looks like the units are backordered for the next 2-3 weeks based on the CP site. It's not clear when the 2-3 week started.

I've had an issue outstanding for nearly a month now. I finally got an acknowledgement that the unit needs to be replaced, but that was after the breaker won't stay engaged. I've received an e-mail about the RMA, but no indication that the new unit has shipped. Looks like the units are backordered for the next 2-3 weeks based on the CP site. It's not clear when the 2-3 week started.
As far as I can tell, no one works at ChargePoint. They set up a web site years ago and then all went home. Simply cannot get a response from anyone about any customer service issue.

I had good luck with CP customer service. My unit had the red light on the side, no way to reset it. They sent me a replacement unit (still rev 1) and it works great. Still can't do timed charging. The automation routine in the iPhone doesn't work - won't wake up the car.

I had a ~similar issue with the Chargepoint Home Flex. Everything worked fine a time or two. Then after a charge it gave the red light (bottom, on the side). I went through Chargepoint's troubleshooting steps to no avail. Then switched the breaker off and back on. Now I have NO lights on the side but it seems to be charging fine.
Hi
I am having the same problem with the charger .Is there a permanent solution to fix it ?

Where can I find the product number? There doesn't seem to be something named that on the app, Home Charger...Settings...About Charger.

I am having the same issue. I have a call with CS tomorrow after walking thru some basic debug steps. The charger had the red error light on but CS stated that it appeared that the charger was working normally. Resetting at the breaker cleared the issue for now.
Did you find a solution or they replaced the unit ?

Did you find a solution or they replaced the unit ?
I finally got my replacement unit delivered 6 days back, yet to be replaced on the wall. This was sent to me after I ended escalating and asked for my money refunded. It is still rev 1 unit. Looks like they stopped upgrading new designs for Home Flex and focusing more on Network development.

I posted previously about my 2 ChargePoint chargers (and how they dealt w/ each), so I won't duplicate that here, but the good news is that I haven't had an issue w/ either unit since.
Good luck

I had same issue and must have called Chargepoint 8 different times. They escalated the issue and said they would send out new unit and then closed the case without sending out a new unit. I then had to repeat the same troubleshooting steps that did not work the prior 7 times before they would escalate again. I finally received new unit yesterday and installed it . It is also another Rev 1. Too early to tell but so far is working .

I had same issue and must have called Chargepoint 8 different times. They escalated the issue and said they would send out new unit and then closed the case without sending out a new unit. I then had to repeat the same troubleshooting steps that did not work the prior 7 times before they would escalate again. I finally received new unit yesterday and installed it . It is also another Rev 1. Too early to tell but so far is working .
On call the L2 support person told me they were working with LUCID team to develop a solution. Not sure whom they are working with and when will they have a consistent solution. But keeping my fingers crossed for my new unit. We'll know once they install it in first week of April.

I have a very similar problem. I installed mine a month ago. It works fine for 2/3 days and throws the orange triangle light on the side. The only trouble shooting that solves it is to flip the fuse switch.
CP cs says my power probably fluctuates at night so I should keep flipping the switch which doesn't make sense.

I have a very similar problem. I installed mine a month ago. It works fine for 2/3 days and throws the orange triangle light on the side. The only trouble shooting that solves it is to flip the fuse switch.
CP cs says my power probably fluctuates at night so I should keep flipping the switch which doesn't make sense.
This kept happening to me as well for months and I finally got CP to send a replacement unit but the replacement does the same thing.

This kept happening to me as well for months and I finally got CP to send a replacement unit but the replacement does the same thing.
Did CP also swap it out? Or did you have to get an electrician?

Did CP also swap it out? Or did you have to get an electrician?
I used plugged version not hardwired version. So I just unhooked it and sent back to CP in the box that the new one came from. I had initially thought it was an issue with my unit but I think it’s a software issue with communication between Lucid and CP unit

This is big BS in bold and italics. I've the same problem but I also have a Tesla that I charge with it. This device never does that with Tesla but when connected to Lucid this problem occurs. This is an issue between LUCID and ChargePoint handshake mechanism while finishing the charge. I can simulate this by stopping the charge from app every time I stop charge using app. I think we need to report this to LUCID customer service. They can look in to the logs (Only charge port team) can do that because this log is not available to regular customer service team members.

My charger was replaced by CP but has the same issue.

Last edited:
I had this issue but haven’t had it since I let the scheduling of the charge be totally controlled by the Lucid scheduler, the scheduler on the Chargepoint is turned to off.

I've had the Chargepoint for 8 months now and I've had to reset it by flipping the breaker twice. So for the most part it works, although the lights on the side say otherwise. But I agree there seems to be a Lucid-specific problem for the Chargepoint that should warrant buying a different device.

Back