Chargepoint Home Flex Issue

disappeared with later software updates in the Lucid
I am on 2.0.24 which is pretty close if not the latest Lucid UX and I encountered the problem. I am trying to reproduce the problem for Charge Point.

Of course, now the charger works perfectly
It's frustrating when the issue is intermittent .. the first one that failed, failed every time. The second one (that I was only able to test for a few days) failed a couple of times and worked a couple of times. When I get back to the other house, I'll have to do more testing. Let me/us know if you find that there are certain conditions that trigger the failure.

It's frustrating when the issue is intermittent .. the first one that failed, failed every time. The second one (that I was only able to test for a few days) failed a couple of times and worked a couple of times. When I get back to the other house, I'll have to do more testing. Let me/us know if you find that there are certain conditions that trigger the failure.
For me, it would fail 90% of the time, when I would push the handle to stop the charge while charging.

For me, it would fail 90% of the time, when I would push the handle to stop the charge while charging.
I had that issue with earlier Lucid software. I had to stop charging from the car first. I have not had this happen in a long time.

I had that issue with earlier Lucid software. I had to stop charging from the car first. I have not had this happen in a long time.
No issue anymore! Just replaced it with a less feature rich Lucid charger...

For me, moving up the chain of support, We have determined the problem has to do with the electronic handshake. The charger seems to read something it deems out of whack with is expectations and shuts itself down. They know it is not the car. Maybe residual info not clearing out. expect more today . Will report

Of course, now the charger works perfectly
Yesterday I started a charge when SOC was 59% and successfully charged to the 80% limit. The red warning light on the charger was lit and the Lucid was in 'Preparing to Charge' state and then reported a charger equipment error. I contacted Chargepoint and they eventually removed the charger from my account. The charger would not respond to the set up process (could not connect to my phone during set up). I flipped the breaker and waited the two minutes recommended by Chargepoint. When I went to restore power at the breaker, the breaker would not stay on - indicating a severe issue with the charger. Chargepoint will be sending me a new unit to exchange.

Yesterday I started a charge when SOC was 59% and successfully charged to the 80% limit. The red warning light on the charger was lit and the Lucid was in 'Preparing to Charge' state and then reported a charger equipment error. I contacted Chargepoint and they eventually removed the charger from my account. The charger would not respond to the set up process (could not connect to my phone during set up). I flipped the breaker and waited the two minutes recommended by Chargepoint. When I went to restore power at the breaker, the breaker would not stay on - indicating a severe issue with the charger. Chargepoint will be sending me a new unit to exchange.
Was the breaker a GFCI type? It would be remarkable if there was something in the Chargepoint or wiring to it that was conducting enough current line to line or line to ground to cause a breaker to trip from overcurrent.

Was the breaker a GFCI type? It would be remarkable if there was something in the Chargepoint or wiring to it that was conducting enough current line to line or line to ground to cause a breaker to trip from overcurrent.
I don't know how to tell if my NEMA 14-50 plug is on a ground fault interrupt circuit/breaker or not. My other 120V GFI circuits have a little green light and reset button on one of its outlets. The breaker did not trip on its own. It simply would not allow me to turn it back on when the charger was plugged in. Once I unplugged the charger, I could flip the breaker back to the on position.

I don't know how to tell if my NEMA 14-50 plug is on a ground fault interrupt circuit/breaker or not. My other 120V GFI circuits have a little green light and reset button on one of its outlets. The breaker did not trip on its own. It simply would not allow me to turn it back on when the charger was plugged in. Once I unplugged the charger, I could flip the breaker back to the on position.
The breaker will probably have the letters "GFCI" printed on it, and have a little light on it, if it is a GFCI breaker. But if all is well when you unplug the Chargepoint, that does point the blame at the Chargepoint. They're not supposed to be installed on a circuit with a GFCI breaker.

The breaker will probably have the letters "GFCI" printed on it, and have a little light on it
Nope. Looks just like my other 220v breakers.

I just bought a new Chargepoint Flex but haven’t installed it yet. It’s a Rev 1. My electrician will be hardwiring it when he comes for installation, and I’ll be using it for my Touring and a plug-in hybrid. Based on the accounts in this thread, I’m expecting problems since the issue seems to be the electronic handshake between the charger and the car. Am I understanding all of this correctly?

I just bought a new Chargepoint Flex but haven’t installed it yet. It’s a Rev 1. My electrician will be hardwiring it when he comes for installation, and I’ll be using it for my Touring and a plug-in hybrid. Based on the accounts in this thread, I’m expecting problems since the issue seems to be the electronic handshake between the charger and the car. Am I understanding all of this correctly?
Not necessarily. The second unit I ordered came 6 weeks after the original one I that I ordered in August (that needed to be replaced). Although they were both Rev1, the serial number of the 2nd unit was much greater than the first unit. I had to replace the first unit, but so far on the 2d unit, I've only had an error when I upgraded to .24 while it was charging. That said, I need to test a lot more on the 2nd unit to be sure that it's ok.

The red alert light on my ChargePoint has been on for MONTHS. I have had to turn off the circuit breaker for 5 min, then turn it back on before I can get my GT to successfully start charging…until today after I installed the 2.0.25 update. Maybe it’s just a coincidence but I hope it’s a true fix🤞

Thanks, @LucidNC! I followed your exact steps and replaced my Rev 1 HomeFlex with a Rev 5. So far it appears to be working well.

As a follow-on to this, with the Rev 5 Home Flex, I find that I‘m now able to top up the charge on the Lucid while it stays plugged in whereas with Rev 1, the Home Flex would go into fault mode. This is especially good because it means I can pre-warm the car in the winter without draining the battery.

F08050B4-7A88-42B8-833F-2E433F9269DF.jpeg

Spent an hour on the phone with CP customer support. No resolution. They have escalated the issue to level 2 support. Additional info, when the Lucid reaches the charge set point and stops taking charge, that is when the charger’s red triangle illuminates. Resetting the charger doesn’t resolve the issue, only cycling the breaker resets the red triangle. At least I can still charge while this gets addressed. No EA chargers within 100 miles of me.
Same issue for me - spent 30 minutes on the phone with CP customer support. They are sending a new unit. Sounds like a common problem.

Back