Chargepoint Home Flex Issue

I had something similar happen the other day. I've been charging my other electric vehicles with the chargepoint and have had no issues. After I charged my lucid, that red light with the warning triangle on the charger turned on, and the charger wouldn't work. After I reset it at the breaker, it worked for the other cars. But I have not tried to charge the lucid again.

I've encountered the same symptom. I tried charging to top off to 80% just to make sure I could (Canceled the session via Lucid app). A few days later, I charged to 100% in preparation for longer road trip. I notice the red light is on now. I noticed the charge rate was only 9kWh when I did the longer charging session. Is that normal (I thought it would be higher)?

I rebooted the charger and the red light was still on. I reset the breaker for 5 minutes and now the red light is off.

The unit is running software version 5.5.2.5 (Home Charger... Settings... About Charger... Software version). What software version is installed on the new/working units? It's connected to our WiFi, so presumable an update is possible.

I'll recharge again in a day to see what happens.

The only solution is to replace the unit. Call Chargepoint. My “working” replacement unit is S/W 5.5.2.5.

I put a Chargepoint in on Saturday and it worked great for the one time that I have used it. I did the NEMA 14-50 plug in and it took less than 30 minutes to install and setup.

I put a Chargepoint in on Saturday and it worked great for the one time that I have used it. I did the NEMA 14-50 plug in and it took less than 30 minutes to install and setup.
It took me more than 30 minutes.... I need to measure multiple times and drill only once! 😹 😹

I plan on calling support (probably tomorrow), but I bought a second ChargePoint Flex .. anyone know how I add it to my account? (trying to figure out how to add multiple chargers at one house and/or add a charger at a second home)

I plan on calling support (probably tomorrow), but I bought a second ChargePoint Flex .. anyone know how I add it to my account? (trying to figure out how to add multiple chargers at one house and/or add a charger at a second home)
You can't unfortunately 1 acct per charger

You can't unfortunately 1 acct per charger
wow .. that's crazy (and disappointing) .. on the phone its one app for controlling the home charger and to pay for public chargers .. why would they make you create a new account for a second home? (or a second charger for a second vehicle) .. maybe they'll add the functionality at some point.

wow .. that's crazy (and disappointing) .. on the phone its one app for controlling the home charger and to pay for public chargers .. why would they make you create a new account for a second home? (or a second charger for a second vehicle) .. maybe they'll add the functionality at some point.
I'm planning to have my wife's charger on her account/phone and my charger on mine. Unless I wind up with Lucid's EVSE for mine.

I'm planning to have my wife's charger on her account/phone and my charger on mine. Unless I wind up with Lucid's EVSE for mine.
I'll have to do that also, but that won't work for our second home. I guess we'll have to create a 3rd account.... ugh

Similar problems. If I unplug it. , things clear and it works fine. But they are replacing mine

Quick update:
  • 10/5 Called CS and walked thru steps to try and reset charger .. then told to drive car to <50% charge, charge the car & see if problem still exists & call CS
  • 10/11 Problem persisted and before resetting the breaker, called CS. -- walked thru similar steps as before.. no change, case escalated to T2?
  • 10/12 CS called, they wanted to reset Charger completely and reinstall .. Did so, still didn't work… escalated to T2?
  • 10/15 CS rep called to verify the steps taken (3rd time) & said they'd send a new one & RMA for old one
  • 10/15 CS removed the charger from my Chargepoint account
  • 10/19 Received new unit and installed (& sent back old one)
  • Used the new Charger twice and so far no need to reset breaker
(Now will have to wait until I can get an electrician at other home to see if that one works. Noteworthy is that on the inside panel, the product number of the old unit ended w/ Rev:1 and the new one is Rev5 .. not sure if that means anything, but thought I'd pass it along).

Some Charge point failure details
They have replaced mine also and the condition still exists. Everything was great for a year with my volvo. And the first charge on the lucid was fine. But After that switching back and forth has has many lockout errors. . The handshake stats well but on the Volvo end there is a breaker click sound in wall unit and the blue light does not pulse the car reads charger error. With the Lucid, it just sits on" preparing to charge" and nothing happens. The charger unit is blue saying it is ready to go. This leads me to believe Charge points has a dialog issue to resolve, . it is not wiring . The volvo actually block out the the latching hook until it has confirmed the seamless interface. The volvo charges at 4kw while the Lucid is 9kw. it's like the charger is not getting the feedback it wants to sadly continue. We have had some success switching the primary vehicle choice in the app. but turning everything off with the breaker and coming back later almost always works (sound familiar). Im trying to get up the line with a more senior customer assistance person next week. Will report back

Thanks, @LucidNC! I followed your exact steps and replaced my Rev 1 HomeFlex with a Rev 5. So far it appears to be working well.
How to find out whether I've rev 1 or Rev 5 unit?

Attachments

• ChgPt.jpeg
    ChgPt.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 120
the product number of the old unit ended w/ Rev:1 and the new one is Rev5
Where can I find the product number? There doesn't seem to be something named that on the app, Home Charger...Settings...About Charger.

I am having the same issue. I have a call with CS tomorrow after walking thru some basic debug steps. The charger had the red error light on but CS stated that it appeared that the charger was working normally. Resetting at the breaker cleared the issue for now.

Where can I find the product number? There doesn't seem to be something named that on the app, Home Charger...Settings...About Charger.

I am having the same issue. I have a call with CS tomorrow after walking thru some basic debug steps. The charger had the red error light on but CS stated that it appeared that the charger was working normally. Resetting at the breaker cleared the issue for now.
Its on the inside where the wiring is connected (under the black cover) .. see photo

Where can I find the product number?
Never mind. Not sure how I missed the answer to my post :rolleyes:

I had this issue when charging the Lucid, but not the EQS. It seems to have disappeared with later software updates in the Lucid.

Back