Ceramic coating, window tinting, and wraps

I ordered a cheap set from Amazon and they were made by DDK and they smelled toxic, horrible stink! One of the reviews on Amazon showed that these are made by DDK and also smell really bad. Did you notice any odor?

These smelled fine. No stink.

2 questions for the group - I'm getting front PPF (XPEL Ultimate Plus) and full car Ceramic Coating (Gtechniq) next week. 1) Is it a good idea to ceramic coat the windshield and 2) how about having the installer use a product related to ceramic coating for carpets and seats? Thanks as always.

2 questions for the group - I'm getting front PPF (XPEL Ultimate Plus) and full car Ceramic Coating (Gtechniq) next week. 1) Is it a good idea to ceramic coat the windshield and 2) how about having the installer use a product related to ceramic coating for carpets and seats? Thanks as always.
I did Xpel Ultimate on the entire front and the rear rocker panels and under and around the trunk. So basically everything except the four doors. The the entire car was treated with FeynLab Heal Plus ceramic coating. FeynLab has separate products for the glass, plastic, and wheels. I chose not to do any window tinting at this time and also I didn't do any interior treatments. I did follow Hydbob's recommendation and I personally treated all the carpeting plus the trunk and frunk with ScotchGuard (two coats).

I did Xpel Ultimate on the entire front and the rear rocker panels and under and around the trunk. So basically everything except the four doors. The the entire car was treated with FeynLab Heal Plus ceramic coating. FeynLab has separate products for the glass, plastic, and wheels. I chose not to do any window tinting at this time and also I didn't do any interior treatments. I did follow Hydbob's recommendation and I personally treated all the carpeting plus the trunk and frunk with ScotchGuard (two coats).
Awesome. Not sure how much "better" ceramic coating the carpets would be. For $30 and an afternoon you could ScotchGuard yourself.

Thanks. Think that’s the way I’ll go.
Yea take out the mats and do it to the carpet underneath and the mats separately for maximum protection!

@otslade @SaratogaLefty Thanks for the feedback...going for the beige given the low cost ($36) and light colored carpets...can buy another color if I hate them.
Just curious if you ordered the mats and if so, your thoughts on the color? I'm thinking about ordering a set until Weathertech comes out with a fitted floor liner. I have Tahoe interior and wondered about the black vs. the beige.

They aren't really good looking mats by any means, so just pick a color you think will work. Probably black is your best bet. Recognize these cheap mats are just a temporary fix until the WeatherTech mats become available.

I have to admit the color of the mats matches Mojave almost perfectly. I'm only using while car is getting PPF etc and maybe for road trip from Florida to CT. Other than that, think they will stay in garage. I already ordered an extra set of mats from Lucid.

Just curious if you ordered the mats and if so, your thoughts on the color? I'm thinking about ordering a set until Weathertech comes out with a fitted floor liner. I have Tahoe interior and wondered about the black vs. the beige.
@Steve11ca I haven’t yet even opened the box…I will do so tomorrow when my car arrives. As this is only a temporary solution (for me as well) until weather tech is released, I’m not super picky about color match.

@Steve11ca I haven’t yet even opened the box…I will do so tomorrow when my car arrives. As this is only a temporary solution (for me as well) until weather tech is released, I’m not super picky about color match.
I ordered a black set and a beige set. Probably put the black up front and the beige in back, at least until I can get the Weathertech ones.

I have to admit the color of the mats matches Mojave almost perfectly. I'm only using while car is getting PPF etc and maybe for road trip from Florida to CT. Other than that, think they will stay in garage. I already ordered an extra set of mats from Lucid.
Which lucid did you get. I have one in Stratford

I purchased the gray mats, minimals easy trimming of the tabs, i did not cut the mats at all, and they fit well, look okay’ish but work and seem to fit the color. I’m 90% happy and it’s a cheap investment; on a nice note, I laid out the floor mats in the trunk and they fit nicely and look good

I purchased the gray mats, minimals easy trimming of the tabs, i did not cut the mats at all, and they fit well, look okay’ish but work and seem to fit the color. I’m 90% happy and it’s a cheap investment; on a nice note, I laid out the floor mats in the trunk and they fit nicely and look good
You got trunk mats? If so, please link!

@Alex had his done at Cactus Window Tinting is Scottsdale. I believe he got ceramic and PPF as well as some tinting. I plan to do the same. Outside of AZ many many people have done quite a bit.
I just picked my car up from Cactus in Scottsdale. I had the windows tinted and a clear full front bra. I had Pedersen Detailing (recommended by Rick at Cactus). apply the ceramic finish. The car looks stunning!

For those in San Diego, my car is still at Auto Armour. I'm picking it up on Monday. Wrap and tint are complete, as of yesterday (except the windshield). Ceramic is being done now. Just in case anyone wants to have a peek. :cool:

I just picked my car up from Cactus in Scottsdale. I had the windows tinted and a clear full front bra. I had Pedersen Detailing (recommended by Rick at Cactus). apply the ceramic finish. The car looks stunning!
I had Cactus do the full front and window tint also. He did a very nice job. I have not done the ceramic yet. What did Pedersen charge for that?

For those in San Diego, my car is still at Auto Armour. I'm picking it up on Monday. Wrap and tint are complete, as of yesterday (except the windshield). Ceramic is being done now. Just in case anyone wants to have a peek. :cool:
Let me know how they did once you get your car.

Back