Ceramic coating, window tinting, and wraps

tuccur

Cars
Lucid Air Dream Edition P
DE Number
So, I scheduled a reliable company to do a ceramic treatment but wanted to check with Lucid. Spoke with Customer Care and they said its not approved and they expressed concern it could interfere with the technology. 14 cameras, LIDAR, etc. Especially tint applied to the inside of glass.

They agreed that if you only applied ceramic to the just the paint it should be okay, but big hesitation about window tinting or any other treatments or wraps. Any thoughts about that?

@Alex had his done at Cactus Window Tinting is Scottsdale. I believe he got ceramic and PPF as well as some tinting. I plan to do the same. Outside of AZ many many people have done quite a bit.

So, I scheduled a reliable company to do a ceramic treatment but wanted to check with Lucid. Spoke with Customer Care and they said its not approved and they expressed concern it could interfere with the technology. 14 cameras, LIDAR, etc. Especially tint applied to the inside of glass.

They agreed that if you only applied ceramic to the just the paint it should be okay, but big hesitation about window tinting or any other treatments or wraps. Any thoughts about that?

For PPF: cut holes for the sensors, and it works fine. Apply ceramic on top of the PPF.

For tinting, no issues; use a good Ceramic IR or Crystalline. It already blocks toll transponders anyway, due to the windshield tint, except for a small window at the passenger side on the bottom (which is honestly very inconvenient and annoying placement).

Basically: get a reputable shop to do it and you’ll have no issues, provided you cut out holes for the sensors.

Check out this thread, where I describe the tinting and and PPF applied to my car. If you want, we can meet somewhere sometime and you can check it out:

Many of us have had both done without issue.
OCDetailing in SFBay area has done at least 5 or 6, Deep Reflections has done 2 or 3

Question because I was planning on doing the ceramic tint (on just the side windows and back window). Someone mentioned issues with cameras. Would the issue only be the forward cameras and sensors that go through the windshield? I was not planning on tinting the windshield.

The tint goes around where the cameras are so it's not affected by the tint.

I was going to tint the side and rear windows but decided to wait a while. Now I’m pretty sure I won’t do it as I’m not experiencing anything unpleasant at all just leaving them as is; however I don’t live in Arizona or Florida where it probably is more of a concern.

Hmmm.... I have been tinting windows since I have been buying cars. I cannot stand the sun coming in the window on trips. Maybe I will take a page out of your book... I am up north, so no where near hot weather either. I know the windshield has some sort of special UV protection on it which everyone says does not affect you as a passenger. I'll just play the wait and see game.

Hmmm.... I have been tinting windows since I have been buying cars. I cannot stand the sun coming in the window on trips. Maybe I will take a page out of your book... I am up north, so no where near hot weather either. I know the windshield has some sort of special UV protection on it which everyone says does not affect you as a passenger. I'll just play the wait and see game.

The windshield is great. The side windows had a decent bit of glare for me, so I tinted them with 35% 3M Ceramic IR. Zero issues.

What about aftermarket floor mats? Any good ones out there... My DE has white carpet and white floormats and they are already dirty looking. I thought about getting car slippers for guests to put on as they enter the vehicle. FYI, I am not by any definition a clean freak when it comes to my cars. Typically I would never do protective paint coatings or rubber floormats. I love to use and abuse my vehicles, but the DE feels different and I want to treat it nice.

What about aftermarket floor mats? Any good ones out there... My DE has white carpet and white floormats and they are already dirty looking. I thought about getting car slippers for guests to put on as they enter the vehicle. FYI, I am not by any definition a clean freak when it comes to my cars. Typically I would never do protective paint coatings or rubber floormats. I love to use and abuse my vehicles, but the DE feels different and I want to treat it nice.

Basically the entire forum has these: Motor Trend 923-GR Gray FlexTough Contour Liners-Deep Dish Heavy Duty Rubber Floor Mats for Car SUV Truck & Van-All Weather Protection Trim to Fit Most Vehicles https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01A1IJ...i_i_TF6JQS41514VT0QFQ3N1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

With only very minor trimming on the sides they fit great.

Weathertech does not have the pattern for Lucid yet. I signed up for notifications when they are ready. Planning to order the floor liner. Other companies have very nice leather quilted ones, but again, nothing available yet for Lucid.

We purchased the Lucid Mats in Grey. Replaced the white mats with the grey ones. I was thinking I'd probably use the grey for the wetter months; white in the warm ones. The white is so beautiful

Basically the entire forum has these: Motor Trend 923-GR Gray FlexTough Contour Liners-Deep Dish Heavy Duty Rubber Floor Mats for Car SUV Truck & Van-All Weather Protection Trim to Fit Most Vehicles https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01A1IJ...i_i_TF6JQS41514VT0QFQ3N1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

With only very minor trimming on the sides they fit great.
I ordered a cheap set from Amazon and they were made by DDK and they smelled toxic, horrible stink! One of the reviews on Amazon showed that these are made by DDK and also smell really bad. Did you notice any odor?

Which color of the Amazon mat looks best with the DE?
I got both the grey and the beige. I put the grey in the front and the beige in the back. Now I can also switch that around or put the same color at each location. The beige is more of a brownish beige, but matches the exterior Eureka Gold of the DE better than the light beige interior.

81XD5302ZvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81kvnaJIy-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We purchased the Lucid Mats in Grey. Replaced the white mats with the grey ones. I was thinking I'd probably use the grey for the wetter months; white in the warm ones. The white is so beautiful
Has anyone tried Cilajet Fabric treatment for the interior?

Back