CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Not happy with the screen layout. Looks like the integration software was written by a 6th grader. Everything is oversized and does not fit on the Lucid panel. Can’t get to the right most apps as they are cut off by the curved screen. If they just made the size smaller, it would have fit on the rectangular portion. I mean come on, a 150k luxury car and the screen looks like this?
It appears you are running an older version of car play perhaps? I would try updating car play in your iPhone and install any operating system patches. I say older cause your side screen looks way different than other folks and it has the older Home button.

It appears you are running an older version of car play perhaps? I would try updating car play in your iPhone and install any operating system patches. I say older cause your side screen looks way different than other folks and it has the older Home button.
Looks like this

Attachments

• 126ED1B6-FC5F-4816-84CD-8A2A9E3C4961.jpeg
    126ED1B6-FC5F-4816-84CD-8A2A9E3C4961.jpeg
    682.9 KB · Views: 114
Don’t let culture affect you, you already have the CarPlay update! Go for a drive and enjoy wireless CarPlay! 😂🤣
I did! That’s where I discovered it doesn’t do Atmos, but I’m still happy, it’s so much easier to handle work texts/calls now. And when not trying to play Atmos tracks, Apple Music and Tidal sound very good in CarPlay.

I’m still waiting. Called customer service and they said it is released in batches of 100. He said call Sunday morning if it’s not there and they should be able to push it.

If I have to wait until Sunday…
It's been said many times already, but I'll say it again. People need to leave CS alone so that customers with real problems can actually get through to them and they can do their jobs. OTAs can take up to a week to get to everyone (usually less time more recently), so be patient and the update will come to you when it's your time. Only contact CS if it has been a week to get it pushed.

It's been said many times already, but I'll say it again. People need to leave CS alone so that customers with real problems can actually get through to them and they can do their jobs. OTAs can take up to a week to get to everyone (usually less time more recently), so be patient and the update will come to you when it's your time. Only contact CS if it has been a week to get it pushed.
I had another reason to talk to them. Also they said 48hrs is the update push timeframe.

I did! That’s where I discovered it doesn’t do Atmos, but I’m still happy, it’s so much easier to handle work texts/calls now. And when not trying to play Atmos tracks, Apple Music and Tidal sound very good in CarPlay.
Very disappointed there is no Atmos but I have a feeling this is a limitation of CarPlay itself. I suspect we would need the same solution as Mercedes Benz with an Apple Music App. I plan to send a request to customer service.

CarPlay is awesome. Stop complaining people. And hold off on the stampede, based on EVERY other OTA to date we know it doesn’t go to every car all within a nanosecond of eachother, it takes days to roll out. It has barely been 24 hours. The culture of instant gratification the world is stuck in now is really dragging me down.

Here are some initial observations:
-Tidal CarPlay and Apple Music CarPlay do not currently play true Dolby Atmos like the Lucid Tidal app does.
-Trying out Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze in CarPlay makes me appreciate the beauty of the Lucid satellite view navigation more, plus the finger swipes/zoom is better in the Lucid.
-ABRP is pretty cool in CarPlay, predicts your destination SOC%
-EA app in CarPlay doesn’t appear to work at all.
-SIRI commands for text/reading back messages works excellent in the car. Love it.
-If you don’t care about Atmos, then having Apple Music in the car now is great.
-The interface is exactly the right size for the glass cockpit, I can envision no other way Lucid could do it and have Apple approve it.
-Good job Lucid, thanks for adding this much requested feature!
What is ABRP? I haven't received the update yet, but others are saying that Apple Car Play is unaware of the car's SOC. Are you saying that it is?

What is ABRP? I haven't received the update yet, but others are saying that Apple Car Play is unaware of the car's SOC. Are you saying that it is?
Apparently, the only EV on the road that CarPlay knows the SOC is the Mach-e.

Someone else can have my share of the CarPlay update. I’m in no hurry at all. My update is just sitting there, waiting for me to install it.

Not happy with the screen layout. Looks like the integration software was written by a 6th grader. Everything is oversized and does not fit on the Lucid panel. Can’t get to the right most apps as they are cut off by the curved screen. If they just made the size smaller, it would have fit on the rectangular portion. I mean come on, a 150k luxury car and the screen looks like this?
Let’s start by asking what iPhone model and what iOS version you are on? Based on your screenshot, it looks the iPhone with home button such as 4 thru 7 and SE generations. See below highlighted difference. If anyone have those old phones lying around then perhaps we can reproduce.

Attachments

• 7040C870-8F7C-4F02-8564-39830B45C714.jpeg
    7040C870-8F7C-4F02-8564-39830B45C714.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 4A704F1D-6C99-48D6-A41F-7BDF48F889DE.jpeg
    4A704F1D-6C99-48D6-A41F-7BDF48F889DE.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 101
Someone else can have my share of the CarPlay update. I’m in no hurry at all. My update is just sitting there, waiting for me to install it.
There’s other stuff in there in addition to CarPlay.

Let’s start by asking what iPhone model and what iOS version you are on? Based on your screenshot, it looks the iPhone with home button such as 4 thru 7 and SE generations. See below highlighted difference. If anyone have those old phones lying around then perhaps we can reproduce.
This what I noticed as well looks like old iOS Version

That is not what mine looks like. I wonder what the bug is there

ABRP is Abetter Route Planner. A must have app for the iPhone to plan trips.

The Apple Music icon with white background was last used in iOS 13 so it's definitely an old iOS. However iOS 13 CarPlay was a "new version" and the bottom left corner icon that Sid432 points out was changed to the more modern look in iOS 13 so we are talking about older CarPlay the was last used in iOS 12.

What version is the CarPlay feature in? I received 2.0.56 a few minutes ago, and it has no mention of CarPlay -- just some Plug and Charge improvements.

What version is the CarPlay feature in? I received 2.0.56 a few minutes ago, and it has no mention of CarPlay -- just some Plug and Charge improvements.

Usually you will get the next SW update after the first one completes.

Back