CarPlay is here! - Megathread

How could a key fob need a new battery so soon? I have never had to change a battery in less than 3 years and our most used car a Cadillac XT5 is five years old and still has the original key fob batteries….
When I was having this problem, they replaced my battery. It didn't solve the problem. Last time they returned the car they said I had one faulty key fob and the other needed the new battery again. It worked well for a couple of days but it's back to being glitchy. Yes, I think they either have a bad batch or poor design.

When I was having this problem, they replaced my battery. It didn't solve the problem. Last time they returned the car they said I had one faulty key fob and the other needed the new battery again. It worked well for a couple of days but it's back to being glitchy. Yes, I think they either have a bad batch or poor design.
Neither of my keyfobs are working consistently. They took them both in to look while the car is at service today.

Neither of my keyfobs are working consistently. They took them both in to look while the car is at service today.
My key fobs have been awesome since day 1 and that battery warning got patched out

Does anyone familiar with CarPlay know if we can listen to SiriusXM with it?
It works but depends on the subscription you have. I think I had to pay extra at some point to have access to use the SXM App on iOS

Does anyone familiar with CarPlay know if we can listen to SiriusXM with it?
I use it and love both my favorite stations - plus the custom stations available via the sirusxm app
From sirusxm.com:
How do I use SiriusXM with Apple CarPlay?
Follow these steps to get started:
  1. Install the SiriusXM app on your iOS device. You will need a cellular data plan to stream without a wifi connection.
  2. Connect your device to your CarPlay-enabled radio. Some radios require a USB connection, and others support wireless CarPlay. Please click here for CarPlay setup and support questions.
  3. Ensure you are logged into the SiriusXM app on your mobile device, then select SiriusXM from the dashboard interface.

Any reason to use SiriusXM vs Spotify/Tidal/Apple Music/Pandora/etc/etc?
I use it primarily because it has live News Coverage. But the best experience is to use the Satellite version, which Lucid obviously does not support.

I don’t think they can implement Satellite radio as the hardware is not in the car to do so.
They should be able to offer the app for streaming without needing the hardware. On my wife's XC40 P8, the car doesn't have the hardware and initially didn't have Sirius XM. After a software update, the app became available and we just logged into our account. Much easier that streaming via Bluetooth on the phone as now all of the controls are on the dash. I see no reason why Lucid can't do the same thing. I've been listening to XM/Sirius for years and already have subscriptions. I also have Amazon music, but it is it VERY inconsistent in the Lucid. It stops playing, as does Tidal. Even with the latest software version, the radio system still drives me crazy. It would be nice if they could get that stabilized.

I think it might have something to do with the antenna, but not 100% sure.

Wasn’t talking about streaming though. If I had my choice, Satellite radio would be satellite radio. Second choice would be to use the App on my phone with a wired connection. Third would be streaming via Bluetooth.

I go through several areas where I lose cell coverage on my way to the lake and coverage at my lake house is not the best. Relying on any music service provided via cell coverage is not ideal. Heck, even my boat gets SiriusXM SATELLITE Radio.

No antenna needed to stream. The Volvo electric doesn't have it (although the gas versions do)
I have the XC40 electric, and thought I'd just read about some having issues with an incorrectly installed / crimped cable from the Sirius XM antenna. Other streaming services in the car (Spotify etc) don't need it.

Wasn’t talking about streaming though. If I had my choice, Satellite radio would be satellite radio. Second choice would be to use the App on my phone with a wired connection. Third would be streaming via Bluetooth.

I go through several areas where I lose cell coverage on my way to the lake and coverage at my lake house is not the best. Relying on any music service provided via cell coverage is not ideal. Heck, even my boat gets SiriusXM SATELLITE Radio.
If ultimately lucid cannot add satellite radio, a major kludge might me something like this.
Amazon

Really not much different than just using the BT connection and the app on my phone. I looked at that and some stuff from Crutchfield.

Really not much different than just using the BT connection and the app on my phone. I looked at that and some stuff from Crutchfield.
The Amazon product has a satellite antenna.
EF5CA550-92F7-4B56-93B8-88C649F42F71.jpeg

Yes, but i do not think you can wire that into the Lucid system, meaning that you use an FM signal, not sure that really helps much for quality. It might, but like I told my DA, I’ll just have to figure it out. That system just seems like more work. I use a BT connection and the Sirius App on my iPhone with both of my Mustangs. I just put up with occasional gaps in service. So, in this respect, the Lucid system will act like the stereos in my 50+ year old cars.

Yes, but i do not think you can wire that into the Lucid system, meaning that you use an FM signal, not sure that really helps much for quality. It might, but like I told my DA, I’ll just have to figure it out. That system just seems like more work. I use a BT connection and the Sirius App on my iPhone with both of my Mustangs. I just put up with occasional gaps in service. So, in this respect, the Lucid system will act like the stereos in my 50+ year old cars.
that's a good point. Coz Lucid's don't have an AUX input do they?

It says it’s connectivity is usb & aux. Definitely a kludge though. We love our SiriusXM’s too.

It’s embarrassing to have a $169,000 car without SiriusXM. Actually, it's embarrassing to have any car without SiriusXM these days.

It’s embarrassing to have a $169,000 car without SiriusXM. Actually, it's embarrassing to have any car without SiriusXM these days.
Is it more embarrassing that they never advertised siriusxm yet we all still purchased anyways? 🤣

Back