Buying Used AGT

Cars
Model S, Cayenne Turbo S
Hi all,

After a considerable amount of waffling, I’ve decided to reserve a Sapphire and buy an AGT as a tide me over. When I pick up the car this weekend/early next week, do I need to contact Lucid to update my information so as to be able to use the app?

Are there any other pitfalls or details I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

After a considerable amount of waffling, I’ve decided to reserve a Sapphire and buy an AGT as a tide me over. When I pick up the car this weekend/early next week, do I need to contact Lucid to update my information so as to be able to use the app?

Thanks in advance.
I bought a used one. You will need to send them a copy of the bill of sale so that they can transfer the car to you. It can take about 3 days so I’d call when you email it and ask them to expedite it.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
You should have 2 fobs and 2 valet cards.
I'd inspect it for just like any other car.

You should have 2 fobs and 2 valet cards.
I'd inspect it for just like any other car.
I only got one of each and bought one more of each from Lucid but they wouldn’t sell them to me until it was transferred in their records.

I only got one of each and bought one more of each from Lucid but they wouldn’t sell them to me until it was transferred in their records.
That's interesting.
We've always had 2 fobs or 2 keys with all our cars.

I bought it used and the dealer I bought it from only had one of each.
Conceivably, maybe in the early days, Lucid only issued one fob for each car.
Either that, or the dealer/previous owner lost a fob.
How much did Lucid charge for the additional fob?

I think I paid $60 for both the card and fob but not 100% sure as I also had the tires and wheels replaced at the same time. 🙂

AFAIK, they have always given 2 fobs and 2 cards.

I bought a used one. You will need to send them a copy of the bill of sale so that they can transfer the car to you. It can take about 3 days so I’d call when you email it and ask them to expedite it.

I also had to provide a copy of the temporary registration card. Once I did that, the transfer was almost immediate. Oh, and also, create a Lucid account because they'll want that email to assign the car to you.

Congrats!

They told me 3 days, but was done in 2 hours. Great service!
I bought a used Rivian, took me 10 days. After bill of sale and title change, they mandated me to show state registration.
I think I paid $60 for both the card and fob but not 100% sure as I also had the tires and wheels replaced at the same time. 🙂
What a great deal!

4 years ago, I broke my Porsche Boxster Fob casing, I couldn’t click the buttons, but physical key part still work. I went to dealer, $750 they said to replace. Nah, I just use my 2nd Fob key.

Physical fob with insertable teeth key to cylinder is now 20th century antique, everything has gone digital key.

Next level would be neural link. You just walk up to open doors with your brain. And you think commands then thoughts to text people or get humanoid devices come to serve you.

I bought a used Rivian, took me 10 days. After bill of sale and title change, they mandated me to show state registration.

What a great deal!

4 years ago, I broke my Porsche Boxster Fob casing, I couldn’t click the buttons, but physical key part still work. I went to dealer, $750 they said to replace. Nah, I just use my 2nd Fob key.

Physical fob with insertable teeth key to cylinder is now 20th century antique, everything has gone digital key.

Next level would be neural link. You just walk up to open doors with your brain. And you think commands then thoughts to text people or get humanoid devices come to serve you.
Intermediate step: Facial recognition using the outside cameras.

My car does the facial recognition outside but has a fingerprint reader inside to actually start and run the car.
Don’t get wart on your finger, else you can’t start the car. 😜

Back