Planning to Buy AGT in Saudi Arabia, Questions?

Fawaz

Hi, I am planning to buy 2023 AGT in Saudi Arabia in the coming days. I have few concerns and I would really apprciate it if some could help me.

Saudi is a hot palce, maybe more than Arizona, is Glass canopy going to be a problem, if so would PPF and sheild will reduce the sun flare and heat?

Second point, this going to be my first EV car, and I am not expert in Batteries, but have seen some youtuber and articals mentining that, if you are in a Hot palce make sure you Get LFP battery, is Lucid using these batteries or better?

Thanks

Hi, I am planning to buy 2023 AGT in Saudi Arabia in the coming days. I have few concerns and I would really apprciate it if some could help me.

Saudi is a hot palce, maybe more than Arizona, is Glass canopy going to be a problem, if so would PPF and sheild will reduce the sun flare and heat?

Second point, this going to be my first EV car, and I am not expert in Batteries, but have seen some youtuber and articals mentining that, if you are in a Hot palce make sure you Get LFP battery, is Lucid using these batteries or better?

Thanks
PPF won’t help with heat, but tint and sun shields will.

Lucid’s batteries are top of the line and exceed the modern standards.

First, Congratulations on your upcoming purchase!!

1. I have 70% tint on all 4 windows and my rear window. I elected to not tint my windshield but to ceramic coat it instead. The heat and UV rejection for the 5 windows that I did tint provides a noticeable difference in the car's temperature before the tinting. I recommend tinting.The new Max A/C button works well too.

2. I haven't heard anything different about the batteries going in cars sold in The Kingdom. My recommendation is to follow Lucid's instructions on optimizing, charging, and maintaining your battery and you should be fine.

That's the old thinking when the hot battery is cooled down by ambient air passively: hot weather is bad, very slow charging is good because of less heat.

We are now in the modern day so we have active cooling/heating technology to keep your battery happy even in hot weather and fast charging.

LFP is currently used in cheap models due to weight and less car performance.

Higher priced cars avoid LFP because money can buy you luxury.

Thanks
I hope you go through with the purchase and share your experience. Lucid is my first EV also and it is very impressive.

That's the old thinking when the hot battery is cooled down by ambient air passively: hot weather is bad, very slow charging is good because of less heat.

We are now in the modern day so we have active cooling/heating technology to keep your battery happy even in hot weather and fast charging.

Great explanation! You're pretty good at explaining this stuff by the way.

Wouldn't worry too much about the heat. You can always cool the car ahead of time via the app. I live in Arizona, temperatures reaching 110-115, car cools down pretty quick after a few minutes. Just tint the windows, maybe 70% on front windshield if allowed, and you should be fine.

Thanks for the explanation, really helpful

Wouldn't worry too much about the heat. You can always cool the car ahead of time via the app. I live in Arizona, temperatures reaching 110-115, car cools down pretty quick after a few minutes. Just tint the windows, maybe 70% on front windshield if allowed, and you should be fine.
Great to hear that, encouraging frankly

Thank you all, very helpful insights.

I am scheduled to test drive the GT as well on the 5th of Aug then Hopefully I will pay the down payment on AGT.
I have been testing few cars recently, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes (all of them are not EV) but when I tested the AGT, I was shocked of the quality and smoothness.

As someone who was just in Saudi a few weeks ago, yeah Saudi is hot, but usually couple degrees cooler than Arizona.
It was 125 in Arizona this week in Chandler.

But with tints, max AC or cooling before getting in, it's more than enough for a nice cool car. But tints are a MUST!

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about your experience buying and driving the car.

But tints are a MUST!
I would just point out that this is an opinion, and some people think differently. I can't stand riding in a car with tinted windows, and haven't added any tinting to my AGT. We've had a lot of days with the temperature in the mid 90s this summer here in Massachusetts, and the air conditioning has kept up just fine. I know, this isn't as hot as Arizona, but I doubt my opinion would change there.

I would just point out that this is an opinion, and some people think differently. I can't stand riding in a car with tinted windows, and haven't added any tinting to my AGT. We've had a lot of days with the temperature in the mid 90s this summer here in Massachusetts, and the air conditioning has kept up just fine. I know, this isn't as hot as Arizona, but I doubt my opinion would change there.
I'm not a huge fan of really dark tint so I decided to go with 70% on my car, It's completely see through and performs better than the 55% tint. There's no darkening effects at all but all of the benefits of heat rejection and UV blocking.

Thank you all, very helpful insights.

I am scheduled to test drive the GT as well on the 5th of Aug then Hopefully I will pay the down payment on AGT.
I have been testing few cars recently, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes (all of them are not EV) but when I tested the AGT, I was shocked of the quality and smoothness.
Have you seen the BMW i7 as well?

I’ve gone without tint and live close enough to the same latitude as @Babyrocko1908. The only “extra” heat I feel even on very hot days is radiant heat from the heat-soaked glass canopy, which seems difficult/impossible to prevent. If anything tint might make that worse as its darker color would be absorbing more. But it doesn’t usually get up to Arizona/KSA temps here…

"Tints are a must" as in, doesn't matter what %, because it's the UV and heat rejection that you need.

When you're in 125 degrees temps, the car literally cannot cool fast enough to keep the interior cool. For me, getting tints/and added heat rejection and UV rejection is what allowed the car to be usable again in extreme heat.

So I wasn't commenting on the looks at all, that's subjective

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 69
I got my Lucid Air GT few weeks back. I live in Riyadh and yes without tints it can get very hot. I got the tints done and its a bit better. Its fine if you park the car in the shade. But if you are parked directly in the sun during the day, even with max cooling it takes a while for the car to become comfortable. Nevertheless I would not let this stand in the way of buying the car. It is just wonderful.
I just saw that Lucid introduced sun shades for the glass canopy. Not sure if they are available here in Riyadh. Will definitely be buying them as and when they are available here.

Back