Planning to Buy AGT in Saudi Arabia, Questions?

I have an AT infinite black, Mohave interior which typically sees 95 to 105 degrees in the summer and direct sun all day. After tinting all the glass, using Lucid shades for the glass roof, sunshades for the front and driver and passenger window, and cracking the windows a small amount, the temperature in the car is quite tolerable. It only takes about 3 minutes at Max AC to feel comfortable.

I would just point out that this is an opinion, and some people think differently. I can't stand riding in a car with tinted windows, and haven't added any tinting to my AGT. We've had a lot of days with the temperature in the mid 90s this summer here in Massachusetts, and the air conditioning has kept up just fine. I know, this isn't as hot as Arizona, but I doubt my opinion would change there.
Don't bet on it. I moved here from Massachusetts. There is no comparison. When I meet new "residents" I tell them that I don't consider them to be residents until they have survived two summers and still reside here.

But there are compensating advantages. High heat for six months...yes but rarely humidity and pretty much everything is air conditioned. Six months of heavenly weather. And no black ice or snow. I am not a skier or snow boarder but I can drive an hour and a half north and I can be in Flagstaff at 7,000 feet above sea level and 20 degrees cooler than Scottsdale.

But...not only do we get the six months of weatherly hell but I also describe greater Phoenix as "white bread". Compared to a major modern city, such as Boston and New York (where I lived previously), it is boring. Not enough variety in people, places, background, restaurants, stores, etc.

Modern technology allows for films that block very little light but still reduce heat gain. For example, and there are many others:

So...when you pick your location there are always advantages and disadvantages. As a Tammany Hall politician said at the turn of the twentieth century: youse pays your money and youse takes your chances.

Back