Bout ready to cancel. Am I panicked?

Cjevfan

All

Have a GTA on order for about 6 months now. I’ve been following the forum now for months no problems especially with the software seem overwhelming.

Thinking of going with an Audi E Tron GT Mercedes EQS. A dependable vehicle with software that works is important to me am I overreacting?

Did you have to pay a market adjustment? AMGs are hard to come by.
The dealer added $5K and the last minute but we took it anyway. I think that the supply is getting better and there are some dealers that are not marking them up. With economy slowing down, I think the huge markups will start to go away, but who knows.

All

Have a GTA on order for about 6 months now. I’ve been following the forum now for months no problems especially with the software seem overwhelming.

Thinking of going with an Audi E Tron GT Mercedes EQS. A dependable vehicle with software that works is important to me am I overreacting?
Yes the Audi MMI may be more stable but it’s still got issues. The route planner is abysmal, the MyAudi App doesn’t connect to the car half the time, bugs that come with the car day 1 will still be in the car 3 years later. Audi does nothing to fix software bugs on existing cars but only fixes them to give to new owners leaving existing owners in the dust.

For example, the MyAudi App couldn’t connect to my car for 7 weeks and Audi pretended nothing was wrong yet the forums were lit up with the issue. Seems they did a server upgrade and it impacted all 2019 models. No apology, no reason why, just outright denial they did anything wrong.

Lucid has done 19 OTA updates since releasing the car. I got 4 with Audi over 3 years and they fixed none of the user facing bugs.

Yes the Audi MMI may be more stable but it’s still got issues. The route planner is abysmal, the MyAudi App doesn’t connect to the car half the time, bugs that come with the car day 1 will still be in the car 3 years later. Audi does nothing to fix software bugs on existing cars but only fixes them to give to new owners leaving existing owners in the dust.

For example, the MyAudi App couldn’t connect to my car for 7 weeks and Audi pretended nothing was wrong yet the forums were lit up with the issue. Seems they did a server upgrade and it impacted all 2019 models. No apology, no reason why, just outright denial they did anything wrong.

Lucid has done 19 OTA updates since releasing the car. I got 4 with Audi over 3 years and they fixed none of the user facing bugs.
Good point!

The current state of Lucid's software is an absolute embarrassment especially for a $150K+ car.

So much has been said about poor software, which is all but guaranteed to improve. There are very little complaints about hardware. My daily driver was a Panamera, which had very little software. I would get in my car, put on my AirPods and dial in Waze and enjoyed the car. If you are more into software than a great driving experience, get an EQS. If you like to drive and trust that the software will get better, keep your order.

So much has been said about poor software, which is all but guaranteed to improve. There are very little complaints about hardware. My daily driver was a Panamera, which had very little software. I would get in my car, put on my AirPods and dial in Waze and enjoyed the car. If you are more into software than a great driving experience, get an EQS. If you like to drive and trust that the software will get better, keep your order.
GT owners, the newer ones at least don't know, but DE owners and the earlier GT guys will know how far the Lucid software has already come. @MoniputerLM knows as I think we both had 1.0.4 for a little bit...that shit was unstable.

All

I have an etron for loaner for my Q8 in the shop for 35+ days and counting .... And the range, Ouch. 200 miles? Slow charging?

The MMI is pathetic ... I could live without one, rather than using that garbage. Too many sub levels, etc ... Not intuitive. My opinion.

See, I'm the exact opposite. Love the DE as my daily because there is nothing that irritates me.
Same. I just sold my other two cars and the Lucid is my sole vehicle (for now), and I regret nothing.

It has some minor software irritations, but continues to be the best car I’ve ever driven.

Would make the same choice to buy the DE again.

Not sure about range yet. It only has 264 miles on it. It's very quiet, no motor whine like the Lucid, and has variable suspension so handles very well on bad roads.
To be fair, we did not like the EQS 450+ at all and the EGS 580 was better, but I probably would not have bought it. The AMG EQS is better, I think.
For what it’s worth, I hated the interior of the EQS and hated the way it drove. Felt like a boat and got no feedback from the road.

I’d highly suggest test driving anything before you buy it.

If you are more into software than a great driving experience, get an EQS. If you like to drive and trust that the software will get better, keep your order.
All you need to know.

Better than two-fisted drinking.
I had a reservation for the EQS 580 . Yes I drove it and canceled my reservation and got my deposit back. Car drives ok but both exterior and interior have none of the S500 hallmarks of Mercedes design. The interior of the EQS looks cheap and gaudy with none of the Teutonic restraint as seen in the S500s. Car looks tacky!

Lucid does seem to be having production problems and is running out of cash. Unless their Saudi backers pour more money in, Lucid may not survive as an independent EV manufacturer. Your choices of Audi, Porsche are much more reliable alternatives. However, they do not represent a radical new direction like Tesla and Lucid. FYI, I still drive my 2013 Tesla Model S and it runs great! I also have a reservation for a Lucid Air. I chose the Air instead of the GTA because I prefer the metal roof. Enough said!

I had a reservation for the EQS 580 . Yes I drove it and canceled my reservation and got my deposit back. Car drives ok but both exterior and interior have none of the S500 hallmarks of Mercedes design. The interior of the EQS looks cheap and gaudy with none of the Teutonic restraint as seen in the S500s. Car looks tacky!

Lucid does seem to be having production problems and is running out of cash. Unless their Saudi backers pour more money in, Lucid may not survive as an independent EV manufacturer. Your choices of Audi, Porsche are much more reliable alternatives. However, they do not represent a radical new direction like Tesla and Lucid. FYI, I still drive my 2013 Tesla Model S and it runs great! I also have a reservation for a Lucid Air. I chose the Air instead of the GTA because I prefer the metal roof. Enough said!
They’re definitely not running out of cash, at least not presently.

For what it’s worth, I hated the interior of the EQS and hated the way it drove. Felt like a boat and got no feedback from the road.

I’d highly suggest test driving anything before you buy it.
I had the same impression when I tested it out too. To each there own I gusss

I had the same impression when I tested it out too. To each there own I gusss
I never even considered the AMG EQS. Reviews were negative on handling and especially on the brakes. Also, just too ugly inside and out for me. I've owned three Mercedes but none of them were really good handling cars especially when compared with my Porsches.

The current state of Lucid's software is an absolute embarrassment especially for a $150K+ car.
The car has not even been out for 1 year and you’re comparing the software against companies who are decades old and still don’t have it right. Yes, they may have less bugs but cut Lucid some slack. Go look at Taycan forums and you’ll see people just as annoyed with Porsche over software and getting no OTA updates for car of similar value so at least Lucid is actively listening and updating the software regularly.

Here’s a snippet
  • software reacts very slow on clicks, especially after startup
  • Gps search rarely doesnt show results, need to delete and type again
  • Satelliten view of map just falls out, need to reactivate property approx weekly
  • favorites of radio channels dissapear approx monthly, before a fix it was weekly...
  • ambient lights property falls out need to reavtivate approx weekly
  • webradio dab often just doesnt work
  • apple functions also not
  • and even the bluetooth connection not at the same time... (restart doesnt help... )
  • sometimes dab doesnt find some channels other work
  • handyapp extrelmy slow, cant connect to car, can not close doors windows anything over app
  • properties like automatic closing and comfort entry just fall out approx all 3 months, need to reactivate a bit
  • traffic jams are just not show when the radio doesnt work, timecalculation and direction wrong

Clearly the engineering was top priority and software was “we know it’s bad but we can fix that after the fact”. Software development takes time so would investors, reservation holders be happy if Lucid said we need 2 to 3 years to refine the software before releasing the car to the public? No.

The software has quirks but it’s not the end of the world.

All

To answer your question directly, yes you’re overreacting. The way this and all forums work, mostly you’ll see negative information and feedback. The positive stuff gets lost. I’m a good example: once I got settled into my DE, I stopped posting and just enjoyed my car. Occasionally I’ll come back here and realize that I have a duty to keep the enthusiasm alive.

The Air is a fantastic car. Those on here who know me know that I have a whole collection of fantastic cars, including Mercedes’ and Ferraris and Range Rover and Tesla. The Lucid is superior to all of them. It is ungodly fast, has great range, charges very very quickly, is immensely comfortable, and feels rock solid at 150 mph. Don’t worry about the software hiccups. They have gotten so much better that it’s almost non-existent.

Back