Bout ready to cancel. Am I panicked?

Cjevfan

All

Have a GTA on order for about 6 months now. I’ve been following the forum now for months no problems especially with the software seem overwhelming.

Thinking of going with an Audi E Tron GT Mercedes EQS. A dependable vehicle with software that works is important to me am I overreacting?

All

Have a GTA on order for about 6 months now. I’ve been following the forum now for months no problems especially with the software seem overwhelming.

Thinking of going with an Audi E Tron GT Mercedes EQS. A dependable vehicle with software that works is important to me am I overreacting?
What exactly are you going to cancel: type, color, wheel size. I want to know so I can call my DA and move up the list

All

I have panicked so many times I lost track, and was promptly talked down to earth by the multiple excellent folks on this forum!!
Stay the course. Once you and I get the vehicles , if necessary ( hopefully not) , we can have group panic attacks and full on bitch sessions . It will be fun.

Last edited:
Not sure about range yet. It only has 264 miles on it. It's very quiet, no motor whine like the Lucid, and has variable suspension so handles very well on bad roads.
To be fair, we did not like the EQS 450+ at all and the EGS 580 was better, but I probably would not have bought it. The AMG EQS is better, I think.
So you mean the AMG EQS 450? Is it not under powered? You just convinced me to go drive an EQS If I can find one.

I have realized that after driving the GT the fast drive alone is not enough for me and the whine yeah.

I don’t think the AC can be fixed. I got it back and drove it sweating all the way. Sorry maybe it’s just me and my wife who need a Freezer to cool ourselves.

Thanks for sharing because I did not like the exterior of the EQS so I did not bother.

What I will add is being on this forum has actually had the opposite effect on me. I see all the negative posts and complaining but I have also seen over time various software issues getting resolved so I feel like to some degree bringing up all the issues on this forum is working. I pay attention to the whole topic of cars and specifically EVs and there are so many problems with with so many cars it gives me a greater perspective on the challenges all the car manufacturers are facing. Lately the OTAs from Lucid have picked up and slowly one by one issues are getting addressed. Should the software have been better day one? Most definitely! but it’s improving and seems to be vastly improved from its initial state. So, I stil can’t wait to get my Touring. While there will still be issues I can see the progress and I’m excited to keep watching all the posts, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and to see how issues get addressed over time.

So much has been said about poor software, which is all but guaranteed to improve. There are very little complaints about hardware. My daily driver was a Panamera, which had very little software. I would get in my car, put on my AirPods and dial in Waze and enjoyed the car. If you are more into software than a great driving experience, get an EQS. If you like to drive and trust that the software will get better, keep your order.
+1. I would just add that software is upgradeable over the air; hardware is not.

So you mean the AMG EQS 450? Is it not under powered? You just convinced me to go drive an EQS If I can find one.

I have realized that after driving the GT the fast drive alone is not enough for me and the whine yeah.

I don’t think the AC can be fixed. I got it back and drove it sweating all the way. Sorry maybe it’s just me and my wife who need a Freezer to cool ourselves.

Thanks for sharing because I did not like the exterior of the EQS so I did not bother.
Please share with us the link where you decide to sell your car!

I had mixed feelings about EQS interior, a lot of screen real estate was plus and attractive, but it seems may wear out over time looking at so much radiation. Exterior-wise, I don’t think EQS is too whacky looking as people think, maybe that’s just subjective me owned few MB in past. EQS design is merely play safe not to steer away radically from its traditional trademark while keep its Coefficient Drag low . MB does makes quality product, but for not allowing owner to open its hood puzzled me as if there is something to hide or be embarrassed about. I never test drove EQS, but I saw it at EA charge station, from the initial glance, I could already tell its navigation system is way more refined than Lucid. But I have hope for Lucid over time in OTA updates and they did impress me in 1.2.6 version.

The AMG EQS is not underpowered but has almost 400 HP less that the Air DE-P. The EQS 450+ and 580 seemed underpowered to me compared to the Lucid but not a "normal" car.

The EQS looks better in person, I think, but I don't like the Lucid exterior.

I don’t understand why you’d want to cancel at this point. You can walk away from the deal at any point up to when you take delivery and you’ll only be out your $1,000 deposit (which is already non-refundable if you’ve confirmed). So you’ve only got $1K at risk whether you cancel today or the moment before delivery. I’d say wait it out.

If you cancel now and change your mind later, you go to the back of the line.

To answer your question directly, yes you’re overreacting. The way this and all forums work, mostly you’ll see negative information and feedback. The positive stuff gets lost. I’m a good example: once I got settled into my DE, I stopped posting and just enjoyed my car. Occasionally I’ll come back here and realize that I have a duty to keep the enthusiasm alive.

The Air is a fantastic car. Those on here who know me know that I have a whole collection of fantastic cars, including Mercedes’ and Ferraris and Range Rover and Tesla. The Lucid is superior to all of them. It is ungodly fast, has great range, charges very very quickly, is immensely comfortable, and feels rock solid at 150 mph. Don’t worry about the software hiccups. They have gotten so much better that it’s almost non-existent.
Thanks for that much needed perspective. I love the car, and I was anxious too before I got mine. And mine had a few issues but nothing major. And it has software glitches, but always fixed by a reboot. I certainly hope they succeed because once I’m done with this one (hopefully in 10-15 years) I’d happily buy whatever they come up with next. The speed and range and charging speed are top shelf, and the delicate balance between comfort and handling on their coil/spring setup is like a magic trick. The difference between the gracefulness of smooth mode and the zippy constantly “begging you to push it” sprint mode is staggering, and you can just basically have whatever car you want based on your mood. And the car looks killer, I got stopped 4 times just today by random people, including two who didn’t know what Lucid was who said “damn that car looks good!” Sure they’ve got work to do but given how much they’ve accomplished in their infancy I’m fine with living with the progressing software.

They’re definitely not running out of cash, at least not presently.

At this rate of delivery and issues and the Impressive Service Response( regardless whether they can fix it) they will be in the debt or equity market by this time Next Year.
Well there are no secrets here:

CFO on earnings call: "we have cash to sustains us well into 2023..." . I think it's safe to infer they will need to have closed a deal by this time next year.

It appears they're running out of cash by design: They burned >$700mm in the 2nd Q, admit to negligible revenue for the rest of 2022, and have committed to expand AZ and build a plant in Saudi Arabia. The capital markets are working against them at the moment so one assumes they're talking to the Saudis.(A director of the Saudi fund is a Lucid board member. It's hard to imagine the director representing the 61% shareholder opposing the massive capex spends, and the rest of the board outvoting him...so it seems safe to conclude the Saudis are happy with the business plan---even after the abysmal revenue performance).

None of this seems to faze the stock market, which values the company at $31B tonight. All's well in Lucidville....

Thanks for that much needed perspective. I love the car, and I was anxious too before I got mine. And mine had a few issues but nothing major. And it has software glitches, but always fixed by a reboot. I certainly hope they succeed because once I’m done with this one (hopefully in 10-15 years) I’d happily buy whatever they come up with next. The speed and range and charging speed are top shelf, and the delicate balance between comfort and handling on their coil/spring setup is like a magic trick. The difference between the gracefulness of smooth mode and the zippy constantly “begging you to push it” sprint mode is staggering, and you can just basically have whatever car you want based on your mood. And the car looks killer, I got stopped 4 times just today by random people, including two who didn’t know what Lucid was who said “damn that car looks good!” Sure they’ve got work to do but given how much they’ve accomplished in their infancy I’m fine with living with the progressing software.
I enjoy reading your feedback. I’m also hoping to own mine for 10+ years, which may be plausible with the hardware and infrastructure that is in place. I’m a car guy, so I’m usually into something new every few years, although the pandemic changed that. I’m good with AirPods and Waze on my phone, so if I end up using the native software, I’ll consider it a bonus.

Yes. Gt has nice,styling and handling but poor cargo space and limited range.

EQS other than funky exterior seems to have a Good assortment of features, pretty good power and range in the mid 300s. Very cushy and quiet.

Clearly Lucid has the best range, styling and speed but I need something that’s gonna work every time I get in it pretty much.

Really appreciate the help! I was really looking forward to the Lucid but I’m now really perplexed
so I was on the same boat as you. Coming from a Tesla Model X I had my kids who are 12 and 14 years old come with me to test out the EQS, Porsche, and Lucid. They know nothing about cars so its a brand aside have no bias towards them. We drove the EQS and they complained about a hard plastic bump in the back seat. Went to Porsche and the seats were too small. Last stop was an appointment at the Beverly hills lucid studio. They instantly fell in love. The seats were super comfy, leg room was amazing and couldn't stop talking about how futuristic the car felt. Based on that any my opinion reflecting the same, I decided to pull the trigger. I received my GT about a month ago and can't believe how much I like it. You'll be disappointed if you cancel and go with any others. KEEP THE LUCID!! The software issues will be resolved. I had many issues with Tesla software back in 2015 and even in my Model 3 performance in 2020. Though Tesla has better software, the hardware in the Lucid is on another level. DM me if you want more info. I'm happy to share.

To answer your question directly, yes you’re overreacting. The way this and all forums work, mostly you’ll see negative information and feedback. The positive stuff gets lost. I’m a good example: once I got settled into my DE, I stopped posting and just enjoyed my car. Occasionally I’ll come back here and realize that I have a duty to keep the enthusiasm alive.

The Air is a fantastic car. Those on here who know me know that I have a whole collection of fantastic cars, including Mercedes’ and Ferraris and Range Rover and Tesla. The Lucid is superior to all of them. It is ungodly fast, has great range, charges very very quickly, is immensely comfortable, and feels rock solid at 150 mph. Don’t worry about the software hiccups. They have gotten so much better that it’s almost non-existent.
Thanks so much for your posts. You have car experiences that I can never dream of based on the cars you own and when you say it’s a great car I believe it. I’m sticking with my AGT as my first ever EV and first ever expensive car. Assuming they can figure out silver paint.

I had mixed feelings about EQS interior, a lot of screen real estate was plus and attractive, but it seems may wear out over time looking at so much radiation. Exterior-wise, I don’t think EQS is too whacky looking as people think, maybe that’s just subjective me owned few MB in past. EQS design is merely play safe not to steer away radically from its traditional trademark while keep its Coefficient Drag low . MB does makes quality product, but for not allowing owner to open its hood puzzled me as if there is something to hide or be embarrassed about. I never test drove EQS, but I saw it at EA charge station, from the initial glance, I could already tell its navigation system is way more refined than Lucid. But I have hope for Lucid over time in OTA updates and they did impress me in 1.2.6 version.
The EQS looks are growing on me, but I do not like the interior design, but the quality of the materials is very good. I like the interior of the Lucid much better. The EQS, at the moment, has much better software and cabin functionality design. You can turn two of the screens off, but I prefer the EQS 450+ basic screen which is similar to the Lucid's.

If I didn't have the DE, any my wife would let me, I would drive the AMG EQS and wait for the tri-motor Lucid, and mature software, or see what else comes out in 2-3 years.

so I was on the same boat as you. Coming from a Tesla Model X I had my kids who are 12 and 14 years old come with me to test out the EQS, Porsche, and Lucid. They know nothing about cars so its a brand aside have no bias towards them. We drove the EQS and they complained about a hard plastic bump in the back seat. Went to Porsche and the seats were too small. Last stop was an appointment at the Beverly hills lucid studio. They instantly fell in love. The seats were super comfy, leg room was amazing and couldn't stop talking about how futuristic the car felt. Based on that any my opinion reflecting the same, I decided to pull the trigger. I received my GT about a month ago and can't believe how much I like it. You'll be disappointed if you cancel and go with any others. KEEP THE LUCID!! The software issues will be resolved. I had many issues with Tesla software back in 2015 and even in my Model 3 performance in 2020. Though Tesla has better software, the hardware in the Lucid is on another level. DM me if you want more info. I'm happy to share.
Fantastic endorsement!!

At this rate of delivery and issues and the Impressive Service Response( regardless whether they can fix it) they will be in the debt or equity market by this time Next Year.
That’s some solid speculation 🤷‍♂️

That prediction has about as much value as the one where PIF pours more money into Lucid. Only time will tell.

I have an etron for loaner for my Q8 in the shop for 35+ days and counting .... And the range, Ouch. 200 miles? Slow charging?

The MMI is pathetic ... I could live without one, rather than using that garbage. Too many sub levels, etc ... Not intuitive. My opinion.
sidebar question. How do you the Q8? If my Pure falls through I might spring for a slightly used one.

Back