Bout ready to cancel. Am I panicked?

Cjevfan

All

Have a GTA on order for about 6 months now. I’ve been following the forum now for months no problems especially with the software seem overwhelming.

Thinking of going with an Audi E Tron GT Mercedes EQS. A dependable vehicle with software that works is important to me am I overreacting?

All

Have a GTA on order for about 6 months now. I’ve been following the forum now for months no problems especially with the software seem overwhelming.

Thinking of going with an Audi E Tron GT Mercedes EQS. A dependable vehicle with software that works is important to me am I overreacting?
Have you also been following the EQS forums for issues they are having as well? Or the Audi Etron forums?

Yes. But there seem to be less issues or maybe just less posts. Haha
If stable software is your top priority, Lucid is not the car for you. Have you test driven all 3 choices?

If stable software is your top priority, Lucid is not the car for you. Have you test driven all 3 choices?
Yes. Gt has nice,styling and handling but poor cargo space and limited range.

EQS other than funky exterior seems to have a Good assortment of features, pretty good power and range in the mid 300s. Very cushy and quiet.

Clearly Lucid has the best range, styling and speed but I need something that’s gonna work every time I get in it pretty much.

Really appreciate the help! I was really looking forward to the Lucid but I’m now really perplexed

Yes. Gt has nice,styling and handling but poor cargo space and limited range.

EQS other than funky exterior seems to have a Good assortment of features, pretty good power and range in the mid 300s. Very cushy and quiet.

Clearly Lucid has the best range, styling and speed but I need something that’s gonna work every time I get in it pretty much.

Really appreciate the help! I was really looking forward to the Lucid but I’m now really perplexed
Ps.
Currently have a Polestar 2

Have you also been following the EQS forums for issues they are having as well? Or the Audi Etron forums?
So far, our EQS has had not any issues and the software works well. Of course, that is a sample size of one.

The software should get better, but it may take another 6-12 months.

If I had it to do over, I would not buy the Dream Edition and would wait for batteries to get better and to see what other manufacturers came out with like Cadillac and BMW.

I do like driving my DE but I find it an irritating daily driver, at the moment.

It seems it does about everything except make coffee! How is the regenerative? I really like one pedal drinking.
Regen is much smoother than the Lucid and easily controlled with the steering wheel paddles. The HUD is very nice!

If I had it to do over, I would not buy the Dream Edition and would wait for batteries to get better and to see what other manufacturers came out with like Cadillac and BMW.

I do like driving my DE but I find it an irritating daily driver, at the moment.
Would be my primary vehicle. Hate giving up my reservation and paying a higher price in a year but I guess that’s the trade off

...If I had it to do over, I would not buy the Dream Edition and would wait for batteries to get better and to see what other manufacturers came out with like Cadillac and BMW....
Interesting, I'm thinking of my AGT order as a placeholder car to give me something to drive until a 500-mile small/mid sized SUV becomes available. I think this will require a step improvement in battery energy density, so probably not going to happen for at least five years, if then.

Would be my primary vehicle. Hate giving up my reservation and paying a higher price in a year but I guess that’s the trade off
If you want a stupid fast EV then there are not a lot of choices at the moment. I didn't want a Tesla and everything else seemed too slow. Most people would be very happy with the performance of a Mercedes or BWM EV. I don't like the interior of the AMG EQS, but it is a much better daily driver than my Lucid.

See, I'm the exact opposite. Love the DE as my daily because there is nothing that irritates me.

Interesting, I'm thinking of my AGT order as a placeholder car to give me something to drive until a 500-mile small/mid sized SUV becomes available. I think this will require a step improvement in battery energy density, so probably not going to happen for at least five years, if then.
Moniputer

What range are you getting on your EQS? Is it quiet and smooth on bad roads?

If you want a stupid fast EV then there are not a lot of choices at the moment. I didn't want a Tesla and everything else seemed too slow. Most people would be very happy with the performance of a Mercedes or BWM EV. I don't like the interior of the AMG EQS, but it is a much better daily driver than my Lucid.
What don’t you like about the interior?

See, I'm the exact opposite. Love the DE as my daily because there is nothing that irritates me.
That's great but I think a lot of people would be disappointed by the current state of the software and no Android Auto, CarPlay or SirrusXM and broken Alexa.

Moniputer

What range are you getting on your EQS? Is it quiet and smooth on bad roads?
Not sure about range yet. It only has 264 miles on it. It's very quiet, no motor whine like the Lucid, and has variable suspension so handles very well on bad roads.
To be fair, we did not like the EQS 450+ at all and the EGS 580 was better, but I probably would not have bought it. The AMG EQS is better, I think.

Back