Best reactions to your Air

That's so funny. I call mine "Fer" for the same reason and my daily temptation to find a reason to go drive.
I call mine Airhead since when I first got her she could not figure out how to unlock the doors for me. Unlocking is vastly improved but the name stuck.

Before I even got the car, I was getting questions and reactions to the Lucid hat I scored from a studio during an opening event. Made me feel like I was already part of our happy little club.

Favorite reaction was actually this last weekend. I'm a part-time musician and was hired to perform at a billionaire's private party near Sonoma, where all non-guests were required to park off-site. Not only did the valet determine that I didn't need to do that, but they actually gave me THE parking space right in front of the entrance and relegated everything else to the lot. Will exploit this scarcity privilege for as long as I'm able to.

Also, apologies/thank you to every other Lucid owner I interviewed at length about their vehicles before my own was delivered, thankfully without following anyone home (oof). It's a fun community to be a part of, and I'd say the reactions I get on the street from non-Lucids are only bested by those from other Lucids. Recently had a ZR DE spot me and (aggressively) go out of their way to pull up next to me and give me a huge wave. Never felt so validated by a stranger in traffic; made my day (especially since they acknowledged my membership in the club as no lesser than their 2xprice/power own).

Agreed with the comments that we're all unknowingly signing up to be brand ambassadors, at least at this point, which has me thankful that I'm an extrovert by trade as well as generally not rushing to get anywhere. I'd say 50% of the times I'm charging it's become an impromptu clinic on the company and the car, which admittedly does help the charge time go by faster. Even ran into a Lucid senior dev charging their white AGT recently, who told me that Android Auto is _______ and will definitely be ________ no later than ________.
What do you play?

ANOTHER Lucid employee who actually bought the car? Holy shit, Lucid employees have a HUGE amount of faith and love the company.
To be fair, they had some really great employee deals going on for a while. But I agree.

Mine is Lulu btw

You know you are back in Texas when you drive a Lucid Air to HEB supermarket and see a little kid following his mom pushing grocery kart shouting — “Look mom, that’s a Tesla! He’s a democrat!”

Not sure that’s best reaction, nevertheless a reaction.

You know you are back in Texas when you drive a Lucid Air to HEB supermarket and see a little kid following his mom pushing grocery kart shouting — “Look mom, that’s a Tesla! He’s a democrat!”

"He's a democrat" killed me. I went to Texas last week and I have no idea how you guys live here, I might have to do a review of your state in the local thread!

I've spent enough time in Texas to totally see that happening. Between family and friends, we end up doing a Texas visit every couple of years. We haven't taken the Lucid out there yet though.

I've spent enough time in Texas to totally see that happening. Between family and friends, we end up doing a Texas visit every couple of years. We haven't taken the Lucid out there yet though.

Not all Texans are like that. It’s just sad imprinting.

Not all Texans are like that. It’s just sad imprinting.
Agreed. I've known a lot of Texans. Including the one I live with. I'd go as far as to say the majority of them are not like that.

Agreed. I've known a lot of Texans. Including the one I live with. I'd go as far as to say the majority of them are not like that.
It's also amusing as I imagine most Texans (I proudly am one) who can afford a Lucid (or the higher priced Teslas like the X) likely lean right politically lol

When I go to Texas, I go to Austin which seems pretty normal.
Austin is where I went, and for some reason I saw a motorcycle procession with a Trump 2024 flag, and the handle bars were higher than their face. I thought to myself "how the f*ck do they steer?"

Then I saw a random police chase vs a clapped out mustang zipping through the highway(which are white for some reason) and at that point I just had enough when I saw a high school football stadium bigger than my entire school.

Side note, why does every single neighborhood look the same? I literally could not tell if I was in one or another. Same building style IMO

... and Austin's slogan is "Keep Austin Weird!"
Austin is weird, compared to the rest of Texas. But so is El Paso. San Antonio. Amarillo. It's really more like a set of different countries than a single state within a single country.

The idea you could represent that massive mix of cultures with two senators is preposterous.

Had a funny one the other day. I was picking carpool of kids up after swim, loading swim gear in the frunk. A mom in a big SUV rolls up beside me asking if I needed a jump! Before I could say anything she realized her gaffe. While I appreciated her helpfulness, it was rather funny.

Had a funny one the other day. I was picking carpool of kids up after swim, loading swim gear in the frunk. A mom in a big SUV rolls up beside me asking if I needed a jump! Before I could say anything she realized her gaffe. While I appreciated her helpfulness, it was rather funny.
The irony in your username to this situation..

Back