• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best reactions to your Air

Here's a new one, "it looks like an orca on land." Not sure if it was a compliment or not but interesting reaction. šŸ¤·
Well, Orcas are sleek, fast, highly intelligent killing machines. So Iā€™d take that as a compliment.

Yesterday, my wife's girlfriend comes by in a brand brand new Model Y to pick her up to play golf. Girlfriend parks in front, takes her clubs out and walks to our house. Wife asks: I thought you were driving in your new Tesla?? Girlfriend responds: hell no, we are talking your Lucid.

Heard last night while stopped at a stoplight on my way home....

Them: Gesturing for me to roll down my window.

Me: Rolls down the window.

Them: Bunch of kids Cheesin'... Is that a @LucidMotors Air? The 1.8 0-60 one?

Me: No baby, that's Sapphire!!

Them: How fast is yours?

Me: 0-60 in 3.2.

Them: Sweet! Show us!

Me: Say less... Blue Rally Bear Activated. #LaunchMode

I have come out to my car in a public parking lot with people taking pictures; Iā€™ve had a guy riding a bike do a ā€œdouble takeā€œ and lose control and fall after seeing my car; but the craziest reaction was just yesterday. We live in the suburbs of Philly where there is a significant deer population. Deer are so commonplace and comfortable around people and cars that they usually donā€™t even react. But while driving slowly through my neighborhood yesterday, I passed a family of deer that I SWEAR, watched me drive by with the same look of utter amazement that I often see from people.

I have come out to my car in a public parking lot with people taking pictures; Iā€™ve had a guy riding a bike do a ā€œdouble takeā€œ and lose control and fall after seeing my car; but the craziest reaction was just yesterday. We live in the suburbs of Philly where there is a significant deer population. Deer are so commonplace and comfortable around people and cars that they usually donā€™t even react. But while driving slowly through my neighborhood yesterday, I passed a family of deer that I SWEAR, watched me drive by with the same look of utter amazement that I often see from people.

At low driving speed, Air emits OM sound like spaceship approaching for safety. Thatā€™s probably what startled them. šŸ˜Š

At low driving speed, Air emits OM sound like spaceship approaching for safety. Thatā€™s probably what startled them. šŸ˜Š
hahaā€¦.that thought did cross my mind (and youā€™re probably right) but if you saw the way they stared at the car and continued staring after I passed themā€¦ā€¦.

My Wife has said the car sounds exactly like a spaceship when I'm pulling into the garage.

Doing 35mph recon laps on Daytona with professional race car drivers in the back seat. Put it to the floor for a couple seconds and from the back seat "holly shit".

Parked next to Tesla model Y at Walgreens. Came back and the Tesla owner who was sitting in his car gave a thumbs up, rolled down his window and said ā€œā€you did goodā€!!!

Leaving the club one night a stranger approaches me. "I've seen this car here a lot but didn't know whose it was. Like it?" I responded I really do with a few comments and highlights.
Then he says "I can't wait to drive it"
Guess I was expected to hand him the key and say have at it.......

Leaving the club one night a stranger approaches me. "I've seen this car here a lot but didn't know whose it was. Like it?" I responded I really do with a few comments and highlights.
Then he says "I can't wait to drive it"
Guess I was expected to hand him the key and say have at it.......
Well, the first three words sealed your fate.. drinks or not.

I had a new one today. We pulled up behind a Kia EV6 waiting for a parking space. The driver got out and after talking for a minute about how nice a car it was, he did a full 360 around the car taking video as he walked.

Drove up to gate guard at local DoD installation. Guard says "I really like your car. Is it foreign?" I say, "No, it's a Lucid Air made in Arizona." Guards says what just about everybody else says, "Never heard of it". An electrician, who advertises as specializing in car chargers, comes to my house in his Model 3 for a quote to install a Level 2 charger. He says, "Nice, car. First time I've been asked to install an EVSE for a Lucid."

Drove up to gate guard at local DoD installation. Guard says "I really like your car. Is it foreign?" I say, "No, it's a Lucid Air made in Arizona." Guards says what just about everybody else says, "Never heard of it". An electrician, who advertises as specializing in car chargers, comes to my house in his Model 3 for a quote to install a Level 2 charger. He says, "Nice, car. First time I've been asked to install an EVSE for a Lucid."
My installer said the same thing back in December. He was even more surprised that I had my EVSE installed before I had the car delivered. He made me send him pictures. He knew it wasn't a Tesla I was buying. šŸ˜‚

My stock answer, inspired by one of the posts on this site:

" ... it's a Buick."
1697084792339.jpeg

That stops them pretty quick. Try it. They don't really care who makes the car ... they just don't know what else to ask.

I'm thinking that if the lettering wasn't illuminated I'd be on Ebay looking for a B and a K to make the ruse work.

My stock answer, inspired by one of the posts on this site:

" ... it's a Buick."
View attachment 15574

That stops them pretty quick. Try it. They don't really care who makes the car ... they just don't know what else to ask.

I'm thinking that if the lettering wasn't illuminated I'd be on Ebay looking for a B and a K to make the ruse work.
So you want to make it a B u i k?

Back