Best reactions to your Air

Been driving BMW's for 30+ years. Got my AGT beginning of November but kept my Gran Turismo "just in case". Finally pulled the plug and sold it back to the dealership I bought it from and went back to sign papers and pickup my check. My salesman asked if I minded if he could check out my LUCID. He did and after checking out the "sick" interior, size of trunk and frunk, admired the styling said "wow, we really have to step up our game"

Been driving BMW's for 30+ years. Got my AGT beginning of November but kept my Gran Turismo "just in case". Finally pulled the plug and sold it back to the dealership I bought it from and went back to sign papers and pickup my check. My salesman asked if I minded if he could check out my LUCID. He did and after checking out the "sick" interior, size of trunk and frunk, admired the styling said "wow, we really have to step up our game"
Dealers do pass things onto corporate... lets just wait for Neue Klasse then!

Went to get my tint installed and heard the two techs arguing about which model Lexus this was. Immediately thought to myself; Oh no I've made a grave mistake.
Printing: Lexus LS PPF template
But seriously, this could ACTUALLY happen. You should step in.

Lady at a stoplight: "This is the best mod i have seen on a Tesla"
Me: "Yeah thanks. it's a small startup called Lucid based in California"
Lady: "Oh so it's not a Tesla"
Me: "Nope"
Lady: "It looks great"

Hmmmm my best reaction was at a stop sign close to home off Williams Parkway in Richmond. I was actually headed to the store to pick up some groceries . 2 guys in a Dodge Pickup up pulled up next me at a stop sign …I rolled my window because the guy on the passenger side wanted me to roll my windows down . He then asked me “ Hey Brother , what’s up man….What type of spaceship looking car is that? Is that a new model from Tesla ? I politely replied naw man…..It a new model made by Lucid….. He then asked me , who makes Lucid 🫣( I sure you guys get that response a lot) …..I told him Lucid makes Lucid bro….. We started chatting for a while then he said “ Ah I see no exhaust ..so it’s not an hybrid so it’s all electric ? I said yes sir it is..He then ask how far can I go …I told him the range is only 389 but they make models that can go over 500 miles…He then said damn that’s more than I get on my truck 😊😁
Then we went on our merry ways.😊😊😊

Hmmmm my best reaction was at a stop sign close to home off Williams Parkway in Richmond. I was actually headed to the store to pick up some groceries . 2 guys in a Dodge Pickup up pulled up next me at a stop sign …I rolled my window because the guy on the passenger side wanted me to roll my windows down . He then asked me “ Hey Brother , what’s up man….What type of spaceship looking car is that? Is that a new model from Tesla ? I politely replied naw man…..It a new model made by Lucid….. He then asked me , who makes Lucid 🫣( I sure you guys get that response a lot) …..I told him Lucid makes Lucid bro….. We started chatting for a while then he said “ Ah I see no exhaust ..so it’s not an hybrid so it’s all electric ? I said yes sir it is..He then ask how far can I go …I told him the range is only 389 but they make models that can go over 500 miles…He then said damn that’s more than I get on my truck 😊😁
Then we went on our merry ways.😊😊😊
Ha, small world. I frequent Richmond a lot as I have family there off of Williams way and 59. If I'm in town and I see a Lucid around there I'll think of you. Haha. :D

This is sort of a reaction, but not from a stranger. I had lunch today with my cousins, one set who are moving back near their parents in NJ. We let him take the Lucid for a spin around town. He absolutely loved the ride. When we got back to the restaurant, he looked up NJ studio locations. Taking his dad to the Short Hills Studio is on the list of things to do when he gets there. He's absolutely sure his Dad will trade in his BMW for one, and he wants one too. So half a year from now, I'm almost sure I won't have the only Lucid in the family.

Ha, small world. I frequent Richmond a lot as I have family there off of Williams way and 59. If I'm in town and I see a Lucid around there I'll think of you. Haha. :D
Small world…Williams way is now called Richmond Parkway…..There are actually couple owners on here that live in the Richmond area.

I was walking back to my car from the grocery store and saw another GT parked a few spaces over. I stop at my car to unload and a guy walking behind me asks "How do you like it?" as he's walking to the other Lucid. :)

Best reaction to my Air so far? My own, yesterday.

Pulled up behind one of those shiny metal mirror-finish tanker trucks, admired the reflection for a bit and then slowly drew alongside.

Damn, this is a fine looking automobile.

Best reaction to my Air so far? My own, yesterday.
Pulled up behind one of those shiny metal mirror-finish tanker trucks, admired the reflection for a bit and then slowly drew alongside.
Damn, this is a fine looking automobile.
I can appreciate that, I still look at mine the same way. Every time I walk up to it, it makes me smile!

I walk out of my hotel to the parking lot and see a few women with their kids lingering around my Air.

“My husband was just telling us all about your car.”

One of her kids, who couldn’t have been more than 5:

“How much money was your really nice car?”

“A LOT!” I reply.

“Yes” says his mom. “Don’t touch it.”

i had a couple of young guys (one with a camera) waiting for me to exit the pharmacy line at cvs - hey man - is that your lucid out there? i said why yes, yes it it. they said you pulled in next to our new tesla and now it looks like a corolla! can we get a tour?! we all know the answer to that one! even gave 'em a quick ride around the block - blown away by the leg room and the surround view pulling outta the parking lot

i had a couple of young guys (one with a camera) waiting for me to exit the pharmacy line at cvs - hey man - is that your lucid out there? i said why yes, yes it it. they said you pulled in next to our new tesla and now it looks like a corolla! can we get a tour?! we all know the answer to that one! even gave 'em a quick ride around the block - blown away by the leg room and the surround view pulling outta the parking lot
Something similar happened to me a few weeks ago. I pulled into a parking space to run into Big Lots to pick up some path lights. 2 kids in a Model 3 pulled up into the other parking space facing me. They both jump out before I could get out wanting to see the car. They were floored.

My favorite was a guy who came up to me while charging, asking me what kind of car it was. After I said "Lucid", he asked if that was the new Tesla model. After I explained that it was a separate company, he proceeded to compliment and examine the car for 10-15 minutes. After which he asked if Tesla owned it. I gave up after that.

My least favorite reaction was a guy who staged a one-man protest around my car while I was charging. He was telling me that EVs are not good for the environment.

Come to think of it, that was the same lively charging session!

Guy came up to me today and asked who makes it, I responded Lucid. He said it looks like a rocket ship. I laughed.
Then he said I guess that make you Flash Gordon.

Here's a new one, "it looks like an orca on land." Not sure if it was a compliment or not but interesting reaction. 🤷

Back