Best option

Joking aside (too much caffeine) today.

Cash > Loan > Lease.

Inflation is strong, use it before devalued…

Or

Find and lock in rate before interest rate may still going up next few months for Fed to combat inflation

Or Combo of above.

Lease only if you can write off on business expenses. Often it is just not worth it unless you think you won’t keep the car long. and don’t really need to drive much. Lease driver often develop mileage-anxiety by their stipulation of lease.

Cash, Loan, or Lease Thoughts?
+1 Tesla2.0

I locked in a loan rate in the very low 2s. And moved the cash for other investments (bumpable CDs, stocks that are undervalued, etc).

But do the lease, if the Lucid will be under your business.

Your personal financial needs/goals will be different. Run a simulation ever you see your money, making money, in the next 6 to 12 months. And run with it.

Good luck.

I used loan to get it. Money invested in discounted Lucid and other stocks for long term.

Reactions: DJL
im surprised by the amount of people suggesting cash. what is your rationale? i only seen one about beating inflation.

As someone in the industry, cash is the single worst "investment." Holding cash is useless. Depending on your rate, financing is best, followed by cash. Lease a distant third.

As someone in the industry, cash is the single worst "investment." Holding cash is useless. Depending on your rate, financing is best, followed by cash. Lease a distant third.
People say this, but cash is great if you are planning travel, home improvements, etc, particularly with borrowing rates as they are now.

Otherwise, I agree entirely; in *general*, cash is the worst investment.

Thought the conventional wisdom was "never finance a depreciating asset". Don't know why that is. But I do agree leasing is not a good option based on the numbers I got from Lucid (BoA).

People say this, but cash is great if you are planning travel, home improvements, etc, particularly with borrowing rates as they are now.

Otherwise, I agree entirely; in *general*, cash is the worst investment.
Agreed, but that wouldn't be cash as an "investment." Cash is the best place for short-term liquidity needs. Hands down. Anything over a year, there are better options. Holding cash long-term is the single biggest losing "investment" ever.

I was going the cash route but got a promotional rate (1.99% over 72 months) towards the end of august that they locked for 90 days that I couldn’t pass up. It was like “free” money. Just took delivery yesterday and the loan funding process of Uber quick and easy. They funded the next day after I sent them the signed PA and overnighted the check.

I was going the cash route but got a promotional rate (1.99% over 72 months) towards the end of august that they locked for 90 days that I couldn’t pass up. It was like “free” money. Just took delivery yesterday and the loan funding process of Uber quick and easy. They funded the next day after I sent them the signed PA and overnighted the check
1.99 is super cheap deal this days enjoy!

Cash if you are comfortable doing it.
I agree..., market bottoming still and sell off those bonds. Cash now before it evaporates while in your savings. The last 10 months have taken about 20-25% of your investment worth.

Funny... I too have been in the finance industry for oh jeez.. too long (for me anyway). The adage "cash is crap" is starting to falter IMHO. The TINA (There is no alternative) trade is busted. Yes, with inflation and cost of living at almost 50 year highs, getting a measly 2 points on some high-yield savings accounts (much worse on standard accounts, like 0.25%) is a helluva lot better than the carnage happening in the markets. Some pundits are predicting a further 20% drop in the S&P (they are all full of it, nobody truly knows). Mortgage rates are about to tip 7%. Car loans are fast approaching that level. My preference, and what I did, was pay for the car out right since the cash has very little return (negative return if you account for inflation) and I am not touching the equity markets (long side) until we see inflation moderate and the Fed starts to talk about taking their foot off the pedal with rates. Again, just my opinion, worth about $0.02.

Agreed. I couldn’t pass it up. I actually found the promotion on this forum. Someone posted it in the Grand Touring Tracker thread back in early august.
Agree, 1.99 is cheap for sure. Most rates I found were mid 3s. I should have looked harder.

Back