Bent sunscreen - lucid wont cover under warranty

gchakra

Cars
Lucid air
I have a bent sunscreen driver side rear and it was only operated via the cintrol panel. Lucid Beverly hills service center in los angeles california is not repairing it under warranty and this has been a problem even though i took it to their service center. Please see photos below and advice - they want to CHARGE me $600 for repairs on a new lucid air touring 2023 purchased in may 2023 which i think is incorrecr. How to dispute it with lucid or take to arbitration ?
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpeg
    IMG_0336.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0335.jpeg
    IMG_0335.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 156
Bend it back with the window down. Easy fix. Children like to get their grubby little hands on them and tug away.

Wait, you can open the shade with the window down? Doesn't the window need to be up?
That's true. Either way, we have bent ours back due to the children. Hard to see how bent it is in the photos.

Bend it back with the window down. Easy fix. Children like to get their grubby little hands on them and tug away.
That may void the warranty. I am trying to get repaired under warranty

That may void the warranty. I am trying to get repaired under warranty
Was it working before? I could see how they would deny a warranty claim since it may not have been a manufacturer defect.

Was it working before? I could see how they would deny a warranty claim since it may not have been a manufacturer defect.
Lucid should not assume user error. Lucid should honor the warranty unless it can demonstrate/see that it was user caused. It looks like Lucid here is saying prove it wasn't your fault. Reversal of what the roles should be.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Beverly Hills service has been a pain to deal with for a long time for me. Every time I have an issue they claim it is due to user error or user damage and refuse to fix it. Even when there is clearly no way a user could have caused it. I end up escalating, and they eventually take care of it. I dread dealing with them.

Beverly Hills service has been a pain to deal with for a long time for me. Every time I have an issue they claim it is due to user error or user damage and refuse to fix it. Even when there is clearly no way a user could have caused it. I end up escalating, and they eventually take care of it. I dread dealing with them.
How to lose friends and influence people. I would have expected Beverly Hills to be customer focused. I have not heard those types of complaints about the Scottsdale service center.

Lucid should not assume user error. Lucid should honor the warranty unless it can demonstrate/see that it was user caused. It looks like Lucid here is saying prove it wasn't your fault. Reversal of what the roles should be.
And we should not assume Lucid assumed user error and didn’t investigate at all. Those sunshades don’t bend themselves, and they don’t bend over time. I’m not saying it’s the poster’s fault; I have no idea. But it is entirely possible that someone sat in the back and pulled it down. Kids do it all the time, and lots of adults can act like kids, lol.

That isn’t the common experience with BH; I’m sorry to hear, that really sounds like it sucks. I hope your experience improves in the future; on average, BH tends to be one of the better reviewed SCs.

And we should not assume Lucid assumed user error and didn’t investigate at all. Those sunshades don’t bend themselves, and they don’t bend over time. I’m not saying it’s the poster’s fault; I have no idea. But it is entirely possible that someone sat in the back and pulled it down. Kids do it all the time, and lots of adults can act like kids, lol.

That isn’t the common experience with BH; I’m sorry to hear, that really sounds like it sucks. I hope your experience improves in the future; on average, BH tends to be one of the better reviewed SCs.
Borski is correct. We just about leave the sunshades up permanently. There is no bending even after months of being left up. The only bends have come from the children tugging at the corners.

The more I look at these photos, the more it looks like someone tried to pull them down from the top. A child could maybe do that, but I would expect on the older side or an adult. Do you typically have passengers in the backseat?

Gchakra, you said you purchased in May 2023, so you've had the car for 9-10 months? I'm assuming it wasn't like this before - how do you think this happened? Does the screen no longer retract back into the door?

You are correct. I assumed (remembering what Felix Unger said) that there was no such inquiry based on there being no such mention in the OP's report. If there were such an inquiry, then it could be an appropriate response.

Have you contacted Zak Edson, Lucid's VP of Sales & Service, about this. It's very different from my experience with Lucid service in West Palm Beach and Miami.

I had our car in for service when Lucid noticed the two rubber airfoils had torn off the front underside of the car. I'm sure it was something I did running up on a parking bump stop, but Lucid replaced them for free, despite my telling them that I did not view it as a warranty issue. On another service visit, the two rear tires developed flat spots although the car had only been in the shop for a few days. Lucid called to tell me the return of the car would be delayed because they were going to replace the rear tires -- at no cost to me. I have no idea how that happened, but Lucid addressed it even before I knew there was an issue. On another occasion, Lucid replaced the weather strip at the top of my trunk lid. As soon as the replacement part was in place, the mobile tech said it had a cosmetic defect. I had trouble seeing it even when he pointed it out and told him not to worry about it, but he ordered a new part and came back a week later to install it.

That stinks, who do you normally deal with? I've always had good experiences with BH.

I have been to Beverly Hills for service a few times and have not experienced this... What issues did you have where they denied warranty coverage?

Back