Roof rack attachment cover fell off

JayS

Cars
Lucid Air touring
I had a peaceful off of the roof where I believe a roof rack is supposed to be connected called them sent photos. The mobile service came out but failed to have the part with them. They told me I would have to bring it into a local contracted service center for other diagnostic testing. Three weeks went by and never heard from Lucid. Subsequently I’ve called four times and they are apologetic and promise there will be follow up but I have never gotten any response whatsoever. Really disgusting. What do I have to do to get this part replaced under warranty?

I had a peaceful off of the roof where I believe a roof rack is supposed to be connected called them sent photos. The mobile service came out but failed to have the part with them. They told me I would have to bring it into a local contracted service center for other diagnostic testing. Three weeks went by and never heard from Lucid. Subsequently I’ve called four times and they are apologetic and promise there will be follow up but I have never gotten any response whatsoever. Really disgusting. What do I have to do to get this part replaced under warranty?
What? I'm confused, what even happened with the roof rack?

What? I'm confused, what even happened with the roof rack?
Sorry for typo. There is a little panel about 1 inch x 5 inches located above all 4 of the doors. One of them fell out. The service tech told me these would be removed if you wanted to install a roof rack eg for skis. But it shouldn’t fall out and in my case it needs to be replaced.

What service center are you working with? Did they tell you what the purpose of the diagnostic test is for? I do not understand what that testing is for. Is there another issue that you did not tell us about? The little piece that comes out for the roof rack is real but minor issue so something about the diagnostics seems odd. While I agree that the communication is not acceptable and should be improved, it is not "disgusting" as you describe it.

The first and only time I used an automated car wash, two trim pieces were blown off from the roof, and disappeared, by the force of the dryer-blower. The trim are removable if you want to install a roof rack.

Contacted the service center who sent the trim pieces and I installed them myself. They simply snap into place.

Won’t be using automated car wash again.

Why did the car need diagnostic testing because the roof rack cover piece came off? Are there other issues?

What service center are you working with? Did they tell you what the purpose of the diagnostic test is for? I do not understand what that testing is for. Is there another issue that you did not tell us about? The little piece that comes out for the roof rack is real but minor issue so something about the diagnostics seems odd. While I agree that the communication is not acceptable and should be improved, it is not "disgusting" as you describe it.
Yes, you are correct there were other issues that were unrelated to the roof rack that had to do with various software issues, and I did not enumerate them all because they were not related to the general concern which is the lack of responsiveness despite multiple phone calls and promises that an appointment would be scheduled at a local service center where Lucid has a contract, (in An area north of Atlanta called Kennesaw). For a company that is promoting itself as high-end and attentive to the customer. I think it is at very least disappointing (if you object to my term disgusting) but suffice to say that I’ve been highly frustrated that there is no action to match all of the promises.

Yes, you are correct there were other issues that were unrelated to the roof rack that had to do with various software issues, and I did not enumerate them all because they were not related to the general concern which is the lack of responsiveness despite multiple phone calls and promises that an appointment would be scheduled at a local service center where Lucid has a contract, (in An area north of Atlanta called Kennesaw). For a company that is promoting itself as high-end and attentive to the customer. I think it is at very least disappointing (if you object to my term disgusting) but suffice to say that I’ve been highly frustrated that there is no action to match all of the promises.
I agree with your assessment that the communication is disappointing, more so since there are additional issues beyond a cosmetic trim piece.

Hi, @JayS. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I just sent you a DM.

I had my ups and downs with service responsiveness in the early months of having my car. What I will say is that once I politely made Lucid aware they were dropping the ball, things turned around pretty quickly. The people who work there really do want to do a good job. I just don't think the processes are all in place just yet. Which is no excuse. Just the way it is for the moment.

In some areas like California, Lucid has this pretty much under control now. But the more remote you are, it seems the early growing stages of the company tend to show a little more.

I hope they can get you a fix soon.

Seems like a very minor thing (first I thought the lid of your roof rack box fell off or something), they could send you by mail that piece of plastic and you just have to click it back on. It's tiny and for some reason they put a spare in my trunk after they replaced my rear roof glass.

Back