Having trouble getting a refund

Joined
Aug 5, 2024
Messages
78
Reaction score
79
Cars
Tesla Model Y, Acura MDX
When I leased my Lucid last August I was over charged by about $700.
I called customer care, and the person I spoke with tried to tell me that I was not owed a refund.
I sent him the receipt from Forsyth County GA, showing how much sales tax was paid. I was told that they will review it and issue a refund.
Four months have gone by and they have never gotten back to me with questions or a refund.

I will call them again, but hoping that someone else has run into this and has a suggestion for me.

Raj
 
When I leased my Lucid last August I was over charged by about $700.
I called customer care, and the person I spoke with tried to tell me that I was not owed a refund.
I sent him the receipt from Forsyth County GA, showing how much sales tax was paid. I was told that they will review it and issue a refund.
Four months have gone by and they have never gotten back to me with questions or a refund.

I will call them again, but hoping that someone else has run into this and has a suggestion for me.

Raj
 
Had a similar issue for a different refund issue. Spent two weeks in it myself with zero progress. Finally called my local studio. Spoke with a manager there. She was great. She called the right people and issue was resolved in 24 hours.
 
Had a similar issue for a different refund issue. Spent two weeks in it myself with zero progress. Finally called my local studio. Spoke with a manager there. She was great. She called the right people and issue was resolved in 24 hours.
We do have a local service center here but no Studio. I will give them a call.

Thanks
 
I t took me almost 3 months and repeated emails to get a 38 dollar refund for EA charge that was supposed to be free
 
They owe me $750. I was assured my customer care that they have escalated my message and that they will call me when they have more information. My message to them was that I hope I do t have to call them back in four months.
 
That is short sighted by her. Good sales associates keep up the relationship for return sales.
Even during the purchase process it took multiple emails to get answers to my questions. I was not worried because I knew that I liked the car and I will not have to work with the sales person after I have the car.
 
It is now September 30, and Lucid customer care has not refunded me. I emailed them, but I didn't get an answer. I call them, and they tell me that I will receive a refund soon, but nothing happens.

Looking for suggestions for how to get help.

Thanks
 
I've had a huge auto registration issue with Lucid. I was getting nowhere, so I tried to escalate the issue. This resulted in the point person at Lucid getting all bent out of shape, to the point where he told me they weren't going to fix the problem and that "I need to turn in the car." WTH?? How do I turn in the car? He didn't know. I had to find that out from someone else. When I asked for an extension to my temporary plate, he said "Nope, that's not gonna happen." So now I have a $100+ car I can't drive and Lucid has simply washed their hands of the issue. Granted this is a complicated issue in which I have gotten incorrect information from several parties, but this hostility from Lucid, and their desire to walk away from the situation is the worst customer service experience I've ever had buying a car (and that's saying a lot).
 
I've had a huge auto registration issue with Lucid. I was getting nowhere, so I tried to escalate the issue. This resulted in the point person at Lucid getting all bent out of shape, to the point where he told me they weren't going to fix the problem and that "I need to turn in the car." WTH?? How do I turn in the car? He didn't know. I had to find that out from someone else. When I asked for an extension to my temporary plate, he said "Nope, that's not gonna happen." So now I have a $100+ car I can't drive and Lucid has simply washed their hands of the issue. Granted this is a complicated issue in which I have gotten incorrect information from several parties, but this hostility from Lucid, and their desire to walk away from the situation is the worst customer service experience I've ever had buying a car (and that's saying a lot).
I definitely feel what you’re talking about. There must be a lot of issues inside Lucid because as soon as things don’t go right, they fall apart. There was a palpable anger at the service center where I got my car it was weird.
 
I've had a huge auto registration issue with Lucid. I was getting nowhere, so I tried to escalate the issue. This resulted in the point person at Lucid getting all bent out of shape, to the point where he told me they weren't going to fix the problem and that "I need to turn in the car." WTH?? How do I turn in the car? He didn't know. I had to find that out from someone else. When I asked for an extension to my temporary plate, he said "Nope, that's not gonna happen." So now I have a $100+ car I can't drive and Lucid has simply washed their hands of the issue. Granted this is a complicated issue in which I have gotten incorrect information from several parties, but this hostility from Lucid, and their desire to walk away from the situation is the worst customer service experience I've ever had buying a car (and that's saying a lot).
…that’s really weird. Can you escalate? I’ve never had that kind of experience before. Also, people have definitely gotten extensions on their temp plates…
 
…that’s really weird. Can you escalate? I’ve never had that kind of experience before. Also, people have definitely gotten extensions on their temp plates…
Yep really weird. I tried to escalate and it just pissed this guy off, and I haven't found a way around him. To simply refuse to grant an extension on the plate seems ridiculous to me. I suspect he felt I'm trying to do something sketchy, which I am not. I've given up on Lucid and am now dealing with Lucid Financial to buy out the car, so we'll see how that goes...

Why would someone tell me my only option is to turn in the car unless they had an axe to grind?
 
To simply refuse to grant an extension on the plate seems ridiculous to me. I suspect he felt I'm trying to do something sketchy, which I am not
Was that Lucid or the DMV? I had this happen once with a car I bought from California and eventually they State DMV here starting refusing to give more extensions. Had nothing to do with Mitsubishi.
 
Was that Lucid or the DMV? I had this happen once with a car I bought from California and eventually they State DMV here starting refusing to give more extensions. Had nothing to do with Mitsubishi.
Lucid
 
My state's registration people didn't get the package from Lucid until roughly 70 days after I got the car. That didn't leave much time for me to get the problem worked out since the plate is only good for 90 days. The refusal to extend the plate is just a middle finger from the registration guy at Lucid.
 
What a mess. Here it was easy, I got a package about a week after purchase with instructions for a VIN inspection. I went to the DMV, paid them $5, and sent it back to Lucid in the prepaid FedEx envelope. Its been about a week now, but the DMV didn't mention having any issues with Tesla or Washington state.
 
Back
Top