Purchasing used lucid vehicle warranty

Reactor

I am interested in buying a 2022 Lucid Air with low miles but not sure if the warranty can be transferred. I am in the same region that the car was purchased at in the North East but not sure what this means in the faq's about deciding on a case by case basis. Nothing would be worse than spending 100K for a car and not have a warranty after the fact. Any help is appreciated.

"You may take your Lucid Air temporarily to any region where there is a Lucid ServiceCenter, and the Lucid Warranty will be honored in that region. Temporary is defined asa period less than six months. Proof of compliance with any temporary import laws orregulations is required. If you are permanently moving to a new region supported by aLucid Service Center, you may apply to Lucid to transfer the Lucid Warranty to the regionfor the duration of your ownership. Requests to transfer a vehicle’s Lucid Warranty will bedecided on a case-by-case basis by Lucid at its absolute discretion, and will be subjectto certain conditions, including all necessary regional modifications being carried out by aLucid Service Center at the owner’s cost"

I am interested in buying a 2022 Lucid Air with low miles but not sure if the warranty can be transferred. I am in the same region that the car was purchased at in the North East but not sure what this means in the faq's about deciding on a case by case basis. Nothing would be worse than spending 100K for a car and not have a warranty after the fact. Any help is appreciated.

"You may take your Lucid Air temporarily to any region where there is a Lucid ServiceCenter, and the Lucid Warranty will be honored in that region. Temporary is defined asa period less than six months. Proof of compliance with any temporary import laws orregulations is required. If you are permanently moving to a new region supported by aLucid Service Center, you may apply to Lucid to transfer the Lucid Warranty to the regionfor the duration of your ownership. Requests to transfer a vehicle’s Lucid Warranty will bedecided on a case-by-case basis by Lucid at its absolute discretion, and will be subjectto certain conditions, including all necessary regional modifications being carried out by aLucid Service Center at the owner’s cost"

New region means new continental region. Example, North America vs Europe vs Middle East. That would be my guess.

They will honor the warranty and I did ask explicitly. I considered getting something used, and they were ambivalent about it. They obviously prefer to make money on new sales but they also recognize that used cars will end up on the market and they'd hurt their own customers if they did anything that hurt residual value. You can go to Lucid and ask them any question, including what you might gain or lose with a particular used car. I went in and the person there looked up the VIN to see what the car had, and told me what I'd have to do to get some of the missing features. Ultimately, I went with a new car so I could get the exact features I wanted. But I'd hate to see used Lucids sitting on lots for a long time or showing up in web searches time after time, because that would discourage people from buying new ones.

There are some things that won't transfer, such as free charging. Loan rates might be slightly higher on a used car but not much. And you will have to pick from what's there. Make sure that you are clear on whether the car has Dream Drive, Surreal Sound Pro, the wheels you want, etc.

Back