Battery Sizes - New information for Pure AWD / RWD

Could it be that the touring they used for testing EPA range had better fit and finish or some slight variation in motor resistances?

It may have been a fluke in the test.
Or the metal roof is a bit heavier in the Pure than Touring with glass. I wonder if the range of Touring with metal roof is the same as Pure unless it is software controlled.

I guess the real reason might be the 5 cycle test is so generous that gives them a large room for adjustments. Since the Touring is more expensive, they gave it a bit more EPA range to make it more attractive. Nothing more than that. In real world, neither of those cars can achieve their EPA ranges.

I guess the real reason might be the 5 cycle test is so generous that gives them a large room for adjustments. Since the Touring is more expensive, they gave it a bit more EPA range to make it more attractive. Nothing more than that. In real world, neither of those cars can achieve their EPA ranges.
Yes. I'm willing to bet if you charged both a Touring and a Pure up to 100%, then drove them alongside each other on the same road at the same speed for however long it takes, it would be a toss up which one actually drained to 0% first. And if you ran the test several times, the same car would probably not win every time.

It's a fluke. A glitch in the Matrix. Not at all a reason to pay more for a Touring.

There are many other reasons to pay more for a Touring, for sure. But range is not one of them.

The sooner people get it into their heads that "range" is a very loose metric, the better.

Back