Battery Sizes - New information for Pure AWD / RWD

Hm, range did turn out to be 406. Battery size also makes sense, meaning that could be the reason rwd pure is less range. Imagine the range if it had the full 82 or even 92 kwh. I had no idea they were different until now.
Where did you see the battery size for the Pure RWD, is that published?

Apparently by the OP. Take it with a grain of salt however.
So if that were true, the RWD would be the most efficient Lucid by far. Yet Lucid has not mentioned any dramatic increases in efficiency. Yeah, I’m somewhat skeptical.

So if that were true, the RWD would be the most efficient Lucid by far. Yet Lucid has not mentioned any dramatic increases in efficiency. Yeah, I’m somewhat skeptical.
I think its the same as touring.(battery size)

Then why would RWD have the least range(406)
The 19 mile range difference between the AT and the Pure doesn't seem to fit with the OP's suggestion of a 65kW battery for the Pure. The Air Touring has a 425 mile EPA range which is only 19 miles different than the Pure RWD. Yet if we're to believe the 65kW battery capacity claim, that represents a nearly 30% reduction in battery size from the AT. If true, the 425 EPA estimate for the AT should translate to an EPA estimate of 298 miles for the RWD Pure. Unless there was some dramatic increase in Lucid's efficiency with the RWD Pure, the numbers make no sense if you were to accept the 65kW battery claim.

It doesn't add up.

The 19 mile range difference between the AT and the Pure doesn't seem to fit with the OP's suggestion of a 65kW battery. The Air Touring has a 425 mile advertised range which is only 19 miles different than the Pure RWD. Yet if we're to believe the 65kW battery capacity claim, that represents a nearly 30% reduction in battery size from the AT. If true, the 425 EPA estimate for the AT should translate to an EPA estimate of 298 miles for the RWD Pure.

It doesn't add up.
Yeah, you are right. But you didn't answer my question.

Yeah, you are right. But you didn't answer my question.
It could be nothing more than a variation in test results within a 'margin of error' or it could be software limited. Either way I don't think I'd get too excited about such a small difference based on the relatively high range number to begin with.

It could be nothing more than a variation in test results within a 'margin of error' or it could be software limited. Either way I don't think I'd get too excited about such a small difference based on the relatively high range number to begin with.
The possibility of a random variation to cause the range results to inline with the price differences is 1 out of 6 based on my math. I doubt it's a coincidence.

The 19 mile range difference between the AT and the Pure doesn't seem to fit with the OP's suggestion of a 65kW battery for the Pure. The Air Touring has a 425 mile EPA range which is only 19 miles different than the Pure RWD. Yet if we're to believe the 65kW battery capacity claim, that represents a nearly 30% reduction in battery size from the AT. If true, the 425 EPA estimate for the AT should translate to an EPA estimate of 298 miles for the RWD Pure. Unless there was some dramatic increase in Lucid's efficiency with the RWD Pure, the numbers make no sense if you were to accept the 65kW battery claim.

It doesn't add up.
I mean, rwd is more efficient then awd.

Lucid needs 300-350 mile range to remain competitive in the luxury entry level rear wheel drive EV market. Assuming a 4.6m/kWh efficiency, the battery required to achieve 350 miles is in the 80kWh range. I am more interested in the Pure's driving dynamics than the efficiency numbers. I Owned a Taycan 4S and was disappointed on how slow the Taycan RWD felt due to the lack of power (the two speed transmission did not help). Lucid will have a hard to beat 85k car if it retains the great driving dynamics and serves enough power to enjoy the chassis.

I just spoke with Lucid while tweaking my order and they mentioned they just have updated battery specs for the various models, see below. I questioned the number of modules and kW for the RWD Pure; they checked again and said below is what it says. The 16 modules I had never heard of, but perhaps Lucid removes the two stacked modules underneath the rear seats, that plus the 'foot garage' equals 16 modules.

Pure RWD 65kW 16 modules
Pure AWD (dual motor) 82kW 16 modules
Touring 92kW 18modules
Grand Touring: 113kW 22 modules
Grand Touring Performance: 118kW 22 modules

I cannot see how the Pure RWD kW makes sense, a lighter car the Tesla Model 3 AWD its 358 miles on a 75-80kW pack. I suspect the data is wrong, but I asked multiple times. Maybe the Pure 406 mile range is only for AWD, and pure RWD is a lower range that has not yet been published.
AWD Pure has a 92kWh battery. I can confirm that because I have it.

Yeah, I think the OP's info is largely wrong regarding the battery packs.
Actually, I feel something could be different. In fueleconomy.gov, it shows that the pure has the same efficiency as the touring, but as we all know its 15 miles less. I think pure has 88, touring 92.

Actually, I feel something could be different. In fueleconomy.gov, it shows that the pure has the same efficiency as the touring, but as we all know its 15 miles less. I think pure has 88, touring 92.
That's quite possible, but no biggie.

I can confirm that pure AWD has 92kWh battery same as Touring. Why the range of Touring is 10 miles more is a mystery to me. Must be software limited?

Could it be that the touring they used for testing EPA range had better fit and finish or some slight variation in motor resistances?

It may have been a fluke in the test.

Back