Auto Park

I did it few times too. Very impressive every time.

I definitely need to try this again.

I’ve been hesitant to try the auto park. Looks like it may be worthwhile.
I wouldn’t recommend it on the 21s. Curbed my wheels twice on those, but on the early early software. 19s are less likely to get curbed.

Has anyone tried the latest on 21s?

I wouldn’t recommend it on the 21s. Curbed my wheels twice on those, but on the early early software. 19s are less likely to get curbed.

i have a 21" and tried it on 2.0.13(?). posted my experience here. PS: it was not a paved road and there was no curb but it was tricky because of tree roots.

I tried it today and had to intervene before it hit a Tesla. I know Peter doesn’t like Elon but he doesn’t need to damage my car to prove a point. 😂

On the 2nd attempt in a different spot it was a double line parking space and aligned to the outer line on the drivers side.

Still a WIP I’d say.

I have 21's and no curbing issues ...so far

I tried it today and had to intervene before it hit a Tesla. I know Peter doesn’t like Elon but he doesn’t need to damage my car to prove a point. 😂

On the 2nd attempt in a different spot it was a double line parking space and aligned to the outer line on the drivers side.

Still a WIP I’d say.
Was this a parallel park attempt or a parking lot situation? Do you remember how close it came to the other car? Mine went to within about 18 inches to the car when backing up and about the same when pulling forward for my parking lot attempt. In my overhead video post above, it was pretty close but can't remember the distance.

Was this a parallel park attempt or a parking lot situation? Do you remember how close it came to the other car? Mine went to within about 18 inches to the car when backing up and about the same when pulling forward for my parking lot attempt. In my overhead video post above, it was pretty close but can't remember the distance.
Yes, it is not for the fainted heart. I get nervous too even it hasn’t scratched yet.

I dare to ask, what is the purpose of auto park, except unexperienced drivers?

It was in a parking lot. The sensors didn’t even appear to be working on the first attempt though. The line went orange and was still going fast at which point I intervened. No way was in game enough to just let it keep going and hope it would stop in time.

The second attempt it was heading for a pole and approached much more slowly and stopped as it should. Both successful attempts I’ve done in the past I’ve found the car to be practically sitting on the drivers side line, not centered in the spot.

I know many people who can’t reverse park
or parallel park without multiple attempts or getting stressed over it.

For me, I think by the time I scan for a spot, engage it and let it do its thing it would probably be quicker to do it myself. The only time I’d be inclined to use it slot would be on parallel parking to avoid curbing the wheels but seems that’s hit or miss in this car when using the feature.

I just do it for fun to play with it. I have no problems parking the car myself. Now if it could auto park without me in it, and unpark itself say if I can't open the doors to get in, then I think I would use it. But I hope that I don't get in that situation when someone parks so close to me that I can't open the door.

- Fun
- Lazy
- Be marveled looking at phantom 360 steering.

I just do it for fun to play with it. I have no problems parking the car myself. Now if it could auto park without me in it, and unpark itself say if I can't open the doors to get in, then I think I would use it. But I hope that I don't get in that situation when someone parks so close to me that I can't open the door.
Summon and remote park would be nice. Being of "well-fed" stature 😳, I need the door swung open practically all the way, so having the car park itself and come out of a spot by itself would be a definite plus.

I just performed this parlor trick to show off to my 80 years years old mom first time. She literally dropped her jaw…

You are brave! I still don’t have the guts to try again.

I finally tried it with parallel parking and it did a great job. I also tried with perpendicular parking in a parking garage but I couldn't really tell what space it was sensing and started heading to one I didn't want so I aborted. I've tried before in the same parking garage and it didn't detect the spaces. I wish they would do the graphic space depiction overlayed on the video from the surround view to give a better idea of what space it is targeting.

Back