RESOLVED Auto shift into Park from Neutral

I like how long this thread has gotten without anyone posting the actual solution.

The car will shift from D to park if you open the door when it is closed. HOWEVER, if you have the door open, you are able to shift the car into D or N and the car will move and stay in that drive mode.
There you go.

I like how long this thread has gotten without anyone posting the actual solution.

The car will shift from D to park if you open the door when it is closed. HOWEVER, if you have the door open, you are able to shift the car into D or N and the car will move and stay in that drive mode.
That works for me. Thank you. Lucid customer service could learn from this forum.

Per Lucid:
To put the car into neutral, lift or lower the gear selector respectively and hold it "between" Drive and Reverse for a second or so. You should see the car shift into Neutral.

I have a different scenario. I take my car to a hand-wash detailer. The issue is "turning off" the car. During the wash the car radio, lights, etc. stay on. I need the car unlocked so the inside can be cleaned and of course given the fob, the car stays active and ready to go. Anyone have a workaround?

I have a different scenario. I take my car to a hand-wash detailer. The issue is "turning off" the car. During the wash the car radio, lights, etc. stay on. I need the car unlocked so the inside can be cleaned and of course given the fob, the car stays active and ready to go. Anyone have a workaround?
Not sure I understand the problem? You can turn off music and the headlights.

Another scenario is for towing. Today I had a situation where I tried to shift in neutral and every time I opened driver side door it would shift back to park. The work around was to do it from the passenger side door reach one hand on the brake pedal and another hand to shift to neutral.

Maybe I am doing something wrong because everytime the door is opened the radio starts playing, the A/C starts, the Nav starts, etc.
If you pause music before you get out it should stay paused when you open the door the next time. Not sure about FM/Sirius radios, but that’s how the music streaming services work at least. A/C should also stay off if you turn it off I believe. Headlights will switch back to Auto every time you lock/unlock though.

I guess I’m still not sure exactly what you’re trying to solve aside from music coming on. Are you just worried about battery drain?

When I clean the inside of my car I just leave at least one door open the whole time to keep it from locking. A/C and music stay off. The screens will be on, but I don’t see an issue with that.

Little bit drastic, but it will do the job :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240606_155043_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240606_155043_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 22
Back