Arizona

We have a hell of a wildfire going just south of Prescott and with our red flag warning, a good time to stay away.

Greetings! Please add me to the list. I'm in Chandler and would like to meet up before and after my car arrives.

The latest AZ list.
EVCar
AZAirGT
Maverick
Switt
Adnillien
bhramabull
stevelitchfieldpark
Alex
Steveinarizona
Rolandphx
Lucken
Blueice89
Ovfitbob
Bockius
Tuccur
LCID_GT_AZ
dale246
SubSailor
Boomer_AZ
AZLucidGuy
Dkars1
LeeG
Navy06
Pwmac

When I was speaking to John Pereyra, Service Manager at the Scottsdale SC today I briefly mentioned our meet-up on Sunday. He expressed interest in possibly coming out to stop by. Would anyone object if he came to say hello? I told him I would poll the group and let him know.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it on Sunday. Would love to see some pictures though.

When I was speaking to John Pereyra, Service Manager at the Scottsdale SC today I briefly mentioned our meet-up on Sunday. He expressed interest in possibly coming out to stop by. Would anyone object if he came to say hello? I told him I would poll the group and let him know.
The more, the merrier. Maybe we can finagle a couple of grey GTs for folks :).

Not at all. He might be able to answer a question or two as well. On a different note, I've scheduled to get PPF and ceramic coating and window tinting in a couple weeks. Going a different route than Alex, but when I toured the facility today, it feel like I'm in good hands with regard to handling new car models. If you can overlook the ridiculous front of the truck, the rest of the Rivian is pretty nice. 20220419_103959.jpg

Not at all. He might be able to answer a question or two as well. On a different note, I've scheduled to get PPF and ceramic coating and window tinting in a couple weeks. Going a different route than Alex, but when I toured the facility today, it feel like I'm in good hands with regard to handling new car models. If you can overlook the ridiculous front of the truck, the rest of the Rivian is pretty nice.View attachment 1677
Glad to hear there's another option. Is this in Scottsdale and are you scheduled that far out because they're booked?

Glad to hear there's another option. Is this in Scottsdale and are you scheduled that far out because they're booked?
Down in southern Mesa...AZ Auto Aesthetics...I'm taking it in on 4/30 and they'll work on it the first week of May, so not particularly booked far out.

Down in southern Mesa...AZ Auto Aesthetics...
I also know a guy down in that area. He used to be with A Better Tint in Gilbert and he said he and his team could do the ppf and tinting in one day.
I like the one day part but I've been hearing people taking a week for their cars, so I just kind of wonder how the heck they could do the job that fast.
Haven't gone into details with them yet on the pricing, but it sounds quite a bit less than at Cactus Tint.

I was worried when I got the initial quote, and they said it would be three days. But what they had quoted was full front. When I asked for a quote on the whole thing, that's when it changed to a week. Based on my limited observation of what they were doing to other cars, no way they could do a PPF in one day (or at least I'd be very scared if they did).

Down in southern Mesa...AZ Auto Aesthetics...I'm taking it in on 4/30 and they'll work on it the first week of May, so not particularly booked far out.
You CAN do ppf in a day, but the reason everyone is taking a week is because they are doing ceramic as well. PPF will take a full day to install and a day to cure initially before you can put ceramic on. A good ceramic will be a 3 day install.

I was worried when I got the initial quote, and they said it would be three days. But what they had quoted was full front. When I asked for a quote on the whole thing, that's when it changed to a week. Based on my limited observation of what they were doing to other cars, no way they could do a PPF in one day (or at least I'd be very scared if they did).
Maybe they thought it was only the front job. Will be interested in hearing your experience. The Cactus place is obvious convenient but anything in town is usually more costly because of the high rent here.

You CAN do ppf in a day, but the reason everyone is taking a week is because they are doing ceramic as well. PPF will take a full day to install and a day to cure initially before you can put ceramic on. A good ceramic will be a 3 day install.
You think you dad will join us Sunday?

You think you dad will join us Sunday?
Probably depends on how tired he ends up being from driving out thr day before. So I guess we will see! Gave him all the details so he has the option. Knowing him, he will decide when he wakes up that morning.

Probably depends on how tired he ends up being from driving out thr day before. So I guess we will see! Gave him all the details so he has the option. Knowing him, he will decide when he wakes up that morning.
Hope he can make it, but If it's me, I probably would sleep in after the drive from So Cal the day before.

I forgot to mention - I managed to get the tire repair kit from the Scottsdale SC while I was there last week. $140 (I think)

I forgot to mention - I managed to get the tire repair kit from the Scottsdale SC while I was there last week. $140 (I think)
Good to know...anyone know if you can get an additional Air emblem. I'll need that for after the ppf is done.

Back