Arizona

So I'll already be up there and may be able to meet y'all. Both are good greasy spoons. I've eaten at both places many times. They can get crowded, so I'd recommend a fairly early drive if you're heading up, but the drive is beautiful at that time of day.

Let me know what you're doing.

Is anyone interested in a morning drive to Payson on the on May 21 or May 22? I am not familiar with restaurants in Payson but Trip Advisor suggests the Beeline Grille or the Pinon Cafe for breakfast.
If there is not much interest in Payson, are there any other suggestions? @Maverick posted a nice description of the Payson drive on another thread:

I'm so glad you asked Steve. For anyone in AZ (especially the Phoenix area) who wants an amazingly fun drive, I highly recommend 87 to Payson. There are great climbs (6% or so), wonderful turns, and a lower number of spots for law enforcement to admire the car. The traffic is also typically pretty light - at least when compared to I-17. The drive was so amazing that my son asked me why I was so quiet on the trip. I remember when I replaced my Buick Enclave with a Ram 1500 truck marveling at how easy it was do go uphill doing 80 mph. This is a whole other level. Heading up Mt Ord, 105 was my top speed only because there were just enough curves to keep me honest. It could have easily done 10-20 more if not higher. Curves that I typically ramp down to 65-70 on in my Jeep or Truck were easily handled at 80-85 without appreciable g-forces. I've driven the road many, many times, so I had a bit of an advantage, but I never dreamed how effortlessly it would treat this road. Absolutely amazing and really the first time I have been able to get even close to appreciating the full power, smoothness and handling. Just really, really fun!

There is one downside though - range (though expected somewhat). Knowing that I'd have the AC going pretty good, the speed going even more, and the uphill portion of the trip in front of me, I charged it up to 300 mi in range before I left. The roughly 80 mile trip left me with an average of 2.0 mi kWh, and I only got that bc the speed limit is low once you hit Payson city limits. All would have been fine as I was going to use the dryer outlet to charge the car back. Unfortunately, when I arrived at my place, I found I had a 10-30 outlet, so I need to get an adapter. I should be alright going back as I'm using the 110 to give me another 35 mi in range or so which should leave me with about 160 for the mostly downhill portion back. But it means I'll have to save the unbridled joy of the return for another time. 75 and ACC only for me tomorrow.

But just so fun!

We are up to three people on Telegram which will remain open to join. https://t.me/+jwnICTLR0bpiYWRh

EV day at the grocery store.

IMG_2526.jpeg

If there is not much interest in Payson, are there any other suggestions? @Maverick posted a nice description of the Payson drive on another thread:

We are up to three people on Telegram which will remain open to join. https://t.me/+jwnICTLR0bpiYWRh
I decided to join, although I had never installed or used Telegram.

You folks going up to Payson, may want to go to Pinetop also. APS has some Electrify America stations (up to 350kW) in Show Low. I've never used them, but may try them out next time up there. We have a place in Pinetop, but the 200mi (each way) trip from Tucson does not necessitate any charging, especially since we have a 19.2kw charger at the house there. Someone is welcome to charge there, although you'll need to bring your Tesla Mini-Tap or mobile connector (NEMA 14-50 also available). It's listed on PlugShare.

I am renting a Lucid on Turo, when is the next meet up?? I am terrible at keeping up with this forum feel free to post events @

Attachments

• D07798D0-7712-4496-BD5F-9604C2BB3FFD.jpeg
    D07798D0-7712-4496-BD5F-9604C2BB3FFD.jpeg
    882.8 KB · Views: 91
Is anyone interested in a morning drive to Payson on the on May 21 or May 22? I am not familiar with restaurants in Payson but Trip Advisor suggests the Beeline Grille or the Pinon Cafe for breakfast.
The tesla group is doing a ride up paYson Sunday Memorial Day weekend I will be there want to go ?? I bringing my reNted Lucid. But it’s time Team Lucid to rise I am also on the telegram app - Lucidnaire. Lucid is the new world order!

The tesla group is doing a ride up paYson Sunday Memorial Day weekend I will be there want to go ?? I bringing my reNted Lucid. But it’s time Team Lucid to rise I am also on the telegram app - Lucidnaire. Lucid is the new world order!

Attachments

• 9201D9E8-93EB-4F3A-BD1B-492804740435.jpeg
    9201D9E8-93EB-4F3A-BD1B-492804740435.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 82
If any Lucid owners can show up Tempe Marketplace there will be a solid showing of Team Tesla and Team Lucid. It will be epic. 5/29 Tempe Marketplace and there is also a ride up trip to Payson right after the meet up.

That sounds terrible. Why would you crash another group meet up? Amateur hour, showing up in a car that's not even your own

That sounds terrible. Why would you crash another group meet up? Amateur hour, showing up in a car that's not even your own
I would think the Tesla owners would welcome Lucid owners and, indeed, would appreciate having an opportunity to see Lucid Airs up close. If I'm wrong and there is a risk that the Lucid owners would be viewed as party crashers, perhaps someone can contact the event organizer to get assurances that Lucids are welcome.

I would think the Tesla owners would welcome Lucid owners and, indeed, would appreciate having an opportunity to see Lucid Airs up close. If I'm wrong and there is a risk that the Lucid owners would be viewed as party crashers, perhaps someone can contact the event organizer to get assurances that Lucids are welcome.
Have you ever been on the Tesla site? Many verbally attack other Tesla owners who don’t conform to the religion that everything Tesla is perfect.

I witnessed a elderly man post there that his brand new Model X was leaking copious amounts of rain water onto the dash from the windshield edge and 60 posts later they were telling him to quit being a pu**y and to get some window caulk at the hardware store. A lot are brutal and no one is immune. I personally would not crash their event. Many do not feel a part of the general EV community.

Have you ever been on the Tesla site? Many verbally attack other Tesla owners who don’t conform to the religion that everything Tesla is perfect.

I witnessed a elderly man post there that his brand new Model X was leaking copious amounts of rain water onto the dash from the windshield edge and 60 posts later they were telling him to quit being a pu**y and to get some window caulk at the hardware store. A lot are brutal and no one is immune. I personally would not crash their event. Many do not feel a part of the general EV community.
Didn't realize Tesla owners are so tribal.

Uhh, I am a very big Lucid fan one of the biggest and my Tesla fans tolerate me even though I tell them a lot about Lucid.
For this group Tesla Enthusiast Arizona, I know the admins very well and attend almost all their events. I have worn Tesla and Lucid attire, nobody gives a crap.
Everyone is interested in EV technology be it Ford, Porsche, Tesla, Lucid, we well only give glares to ICE vehicles lol.

If anyone is interested in attending the meet up I'd love to meet up. Tesla people are probably the biggest next fans , next to Lucid fans. How could you not be?
Yes I got assurances there will be no issues if Lucid people show up, just sometimes they choose Tesla only charge locations (super chargers) so you may have to charge beforehand (not a big deal). I drive a model S and I am rented a Grand Touring on Turo for the weekend (5/27 - 5/30) .

Here are the details for the Payson Run I am bringing my Lucid yoi bring yours.

Attachments

• 243137DC-305B-4EC2-8DE1-02B6950F900C.png
    243137DC-305B-4EC2-8DE1-02B6950F900C.png
    514.9 KB · Views: 85
Here is the link to event if you have Facebook:

I am booked every morning memorial day weekend. I am still planning to do the Payson drive next Saturday morning May 21. If anyone is interested in joining, we could meet up near Shea and the 101.

Back