Arizona

Where would you suggest charging ?? I plan to do the 5/27 run but I never driven in Lucid before
I am booked every morning memorial day weekend. I am still planning to do the Payson drive next Saturday morning May 21. If anyone is interested in joining, we could meet up near Shea and the 101.

I don't think there is a need to charge, just start out around 90% and you should have plenty for any kind of "Spirited" driving. Maybe @Maverick could chime in on that.
I think charged to 80% you should be fine. It was hefty going fast and uphill but pretty decent downhill. You shouldn't have any concern at 350 range.

I am also thinking a Wickenburg to Prescott run in June, maybe June 25 or 26. Maybe @Boomer AZ could suggest a stop for a good photo of a few Lucids.
Could do Watson Lake and get picture with water and massive rocks. Or, downtown on Whiskey Row in front of the Palace with the locals in cowboy costumes around them. I’ll be on a wine buying trip to France, so will miss you.

For my Arizona crew what are done hit places to park a Lucid to catch some looks — thinking Scottdale quarter , mill ave, old town, etc.
Need to represent the Lucid club

Could do Watson Lake and get picture with water and massive rocks. Or, downtown on Whiskey Row in front of the Palace with the locals in cowboy costumes around them. I’ll be on a wine buying trip to France, so will miss you.
We should wait to do anything in Prescott until you return.

I am booked every morning memorial day weekend. I am still planning to do the Payson drive next Saturday morning May 21. If anyone is interested in joining, we could meet up near Shea and the 101.
It does not seem like there is much interest in Payson this Saturday but I am still going to go because I feel the need to drive my GT. I will leave around 8:00 and plan to get to the Beeline Cafe around 9:30 in case anyone is interested in joining.

It does not seem like there is much interest in Payson this Saturday but I am still going to go because I feel the need to drive my GT. I will leave around 8:00 and plan to get to the Beeline Cafe around 9:30 in case anyone is interested in joining.
It may be better to do it alone. Then you can experience it exactly the way you'd like to. Judgment-free zone :).

It may be better to do it alone. Then you can experience it exactly the way you'd like to. Judgment-free zone :).

Good advice. It was loads of fun.

I charged up to 94% SOC overnight so that I would not have to worry about using swift mode, speed, AC, 4459 feet of elevation gain or just tooling around the Payson Strawberry Pine area. It was about 70 degrees out when we left Paradise Valley this morning and was also in the low 70's in Payson, warming to 90 when we returned home.

As @Maverick said, the drive to Payson up AZ87 is a terrific drive. Nice hills and curves to have fun with the Lucid GT. Traffice was light so maintaining 75-80 MPH was no problem. It is a lot of fun to punch it from 60 to 90 on a steep winding hill to show the the adjacent Mcleran what a Lucid can do. He later passed me doing 95 on a flat section of road. Thats OK, his car costs more.

The Lucid is my first EV and and I would also be lying if I said that I was any sort of great driver. However, with reasonable driving skills, the Lucid can make the average drive look good and more importantly feel good. I must say that I really enjoyed the regen braking on steep downhills, so much smoother than friction brakes on my ICE cars. I really had not thought about that as a big handing advantage for the EVs before.
I saw my first Lucid in the wild today (I don’t count the Fountain Hills meetup) near Scottsdale and Shea. Was anyone out in their red Lucid this afternoon?

Here are my efficiency notes:
- Total drive was 201.5 miles
- 64 kWhr used (SOC from 94% to 34% does not add up to 64 kWhr). Maybe more self calibration is needed.
- 4459 feet of elevation gain from start to Strawberry
- 101 miles and 41 kWhr getting to Strawberry - 2.4 mi/kWhr
- 101 miles and 23 kWhr return - 4.39 mi/kWhr

The Beeline Cafe was enjoyable but nothing special. I enjoy local places much more than chains so this fit the ticket. My Lucid did get lots of attention in the parking lot, along with a few pictures. Several people wanted to know what it was and where it was made. Always fun to say that it is made in Case Grande.

There was antique tractor show in Strawberry. It was not that interesting for me but a good chance to get out and walk around. Also a good chance for more people to see a Lucid.

Good advice. It was loads of fun.

I charged up to 94% SOC overnight so that I would not have to worry about using swift mode, speed, AC, 4459 feet of elevation gain or just tooling around the Payson Strawberry Pine area. It was about 70 degrees out when we left Paradise Valley this morning and was also in the low 70's in Payson, warming to 90 when we returned home.

As @Maverick said, the drive to Payson up AZ87 is a terrific drive. Nice hills and curves to have fun with the Lucid GT. Traffice was light so maintaining 75-80 MPH was no problem. It is a lot of fun to punch it from 60 to 90 on a steep winding hill to show the the adjacent Mcleran what a Lucid can do. He later passed me doing 95 on a flat section of road. Thats OK, his car costs more.

The Lucid is my first EV and and I would also be lying if I said that I was any sort of great driver. However, with reasonable driving skills, the Lucid can make the average drive look good and more importantly feel good. I must say that I really enjoyed the regen braking on steep downhills, so much smoother than friction brakes on my ICE cars. I really had not thought about that as a big handing advantage for the EVs before.
I saw my first Lucid in the wild today (I don’t count the Fountain Hills meetup) near Scottsdale and Shea. Was anyone out in their red Lucid this afternoon?

Here are my efficiency notes:
- Total drive was 201.5 miles
- 64 kWhr used (SOC from 94% to 34% does not add up to 64 kWhr). Maybe more self calibration is needed.
- 4459 feet of elevation gain from start to Strawberry
- 101 miles and 41 kWhr getting to Strawberry - 2.4 mi/kWhr
- 101 miles and 23 kWhr return - 4.39 mi/kWhr

The Beeline Cafe was enjoyable but nothing special. I enjoy local places much more than chains so this fit the ticket. My Lucid did get lots of attention in the parking lot, along with a few pictures. Several people wanted to know what it was and where it was made. Always fun to say that it is made in Case Grande.

There was antique tractor show in Strawberry. It was not that interesting for me but a good chance to get out and walk around. Also a good chance for more people to see a Lucid.
So glad you did the drive. On the McLaren front, feel confident knowing you could have done (not sure how I know this **cough, cough**) 105-110 on the uphill with ease. Having done the drive at least 100-200 times, I know what's coming up, and I was amazed at how the car handled on curves. With the Jeep or the truck, I know I can set the cruise to 75 and not have to break unless there is traffic the whole way home. BUT going much more than 75 is challenging in some spots both coming and going. The Lucid, though a novice to this, had no issues and easily could add 10 mph on these sections. I guess being a little chunky and low to the ground helps a lot!

@Adnillien we'll find a time to go up again. The low traffic compared to 17 is perfect for this. We actually drove up today, but had to take the truck. I was very sad about this. But Memorial Day is right around the corner :).

Glad you enjoyed it, and yes, Beeline won't knock you over, but it's not a bad local establishment.

I have a deposit in for the Pure. Snowbird Denver and Scottsdale. Finally, an EV with enough range to make the trek with perhaps two charges. Overnight in Santa Fe. Kudos to Lucid for a beautifully designed and engineered automobile.

following all comments closely, particularly those relating to potential delivery windows.

Hey Guys
I have a Zenith Red Grand Touring.. Lets' all meet at a local restaurant - 0n a Saturday or Sunday morning. I once owned two Tesla S's - we in the beginning use to meet at a restaurant for breakfast or coffee very informal. The conversation was all about the Tesla. Now: We can all talk about our Lucid's. Im in Moon Valley- Look out Mountain areas. Can travel anytime..... It can be very impressive to see 5+ Lucids parked near or next to each other.

I am getting irritated that I put in my order on 1/13/22 and still don't have a VIN assigned. I spoke with the advisor yesterday and was told that anytime between now and July, but I see people who confirmed their orders past me take deliveries. I laid into him about delivering only 360 vehicles in the first quarter and he told me that in April alone they delivered 300 cars; I don't know if I actually believe it or not. Anyhow, still far from the promised 12,000...
Zenith Red, Tahoe, 19 Aero Wheels.
It is a good thing I can't just go and buy EQS 580 or Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo off the lot, cause I just might.
Just venting. I am okay. I promise.

I am getting irritated that I put in my order on 1/13/22 and still don't have a VIN assigned. I spoke with the advisor yesterday and was told that anytime between now and July, but I see people who confirmed their orders past me take deliveries. I laid into him about delivering only 360 vehicles in the first quarter and he told me that in April alone they delivered 300 cars; I don't know if I actually believe it or not. Anyhow, still far from the promised 12,000...
Zenith Red, Tahoe, 19 Aero Wheels.
It is a good thing I can't just go and buy EQS 580 or Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo off the lot, cause I just might.
Just venting. I am okay. I promise.
Tesla just delayed orders another 6 months too so I think it's an industry problem right now. I know that doesn't make waiting any easier but I'm still willing to wait for the car I really want. I saw today lucid recalled 1117 cars so I think they have ramped up a little.

Hey Arizona people, thinking about ordering a Grand Touring, what do you think of the glass roof? I am still on the fence trying to convince myself it will be okay but besides the heat I am afraid it will get chipped, got about 3 chips in my current model S which I haven't changed winsheld since 2019.

Any thoughts?

Back