• Two rear side windows and rear window

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Two rear side windows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rear window only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

noobzilla

I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to do tint this time. I've gone without it for 10 years but now that I will be driving a luxury car I'm more inclined to not want people seeing or looking through.

Leaning towards no because I like night driving. But it's also just pretty to view sceneries without tint. For those not going with any tint, what's your reason?

I tinted the side and rear windows. I did 30 on the driver’s and passenger’s windows and 15 everywhere else. However, I did not do it because of the appearance or the fact that it is a luxury car. I did it because it’s freaking sunny and hot here and I need it to protect my eyes and skin a little!

I'm trying to decide on my tint levels (will be going with Prime XR+). My PPF guys just finished up Xpel Stealth on my Cosmos Silver. I live in Sonoma County, so it's not terribly hot, but I do want privacy and don't want people looking inside.

Not sure if I want to do it. What is the purpose of the blinds then? I haven’t received the car yet but it’s something I am still debating.

I tinted the side and rear windows. I did 15 on the driver’s and passenger’s windows and 30 everywhere else. However, I did not do it because of the appearance or the fact that it is a luxury car. I did it because it’s freaking sunny and hot here and I need it to protect my eyes and skin a little!
Did you also do your canopy roof? Better heat rejection?

Not sure if I want to do it. What is the purpose of the blinds then? I haven’t received the car yet but it’s something I am still debating.
I forgot if front side windows have the sunshade.

I tinted the side and rear windows. I did 15 on the driver’s and passenger’s windows and 30 everywhere else. However, I did not do it because of the appearance or the fact that it is a luxury car. I did it because it’s freaking sunny and hot here and I need it to protect my eyes and skin a little!
I think I just need to borrow someone's car with 15 tint. I'm worried it might be too dark at night

I think I just need to borrow someone's car with 15 tint. I'm worried it might be too dark at night
I just checked the receipt from my tinting and realized I was off by a bit in my prior post. I did 35 on the forward windows and 15 everywhere else. It is definitely not too dark at night. I really like it!

I just checked the receipt from my tinting and realized I was off by a bit in my prior post. I did 35 on the forward windows and 15 everywhere else. It is definitely not too dark at night. I really like it!
I am a noob! I thought the numbers meant lower is darker like 15 is 15% light reduction. I was scratching my head why you would want darker on front windows lol. In my case Im thinking maybe going for 80 on all sides but thats so little would it even make sense? I mostly care for it as privacy filter

I think you might have it backwards. The number is the percentage of light that is allowed to get through. So, 15 is much darker than 35. At the tint shop, they had examples of each of the amounts and several different tinting products. It was easy to choose once I saw a few on the display and actual cars at the place.

I think you might have it backwards. The number is the percentage of light that is allowed to get through. So, 15 is much darker than 35. At the tint shop, they had examples of each of the amounts and several different tinting products. It was easy to choose once I saw a few on the display and actual cars at the place.
Yup I had it backwards.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to do tint this time. I've gone without it for 10 years but now that I will be driving a luxury car I'm more inclined to not want people seeing or looking through.

Leaning towards no because I like night driving. But it's also just pretty to view sceneries without tint. For those not going with any tint, what's your reason?
I've been reading on these forums for over a year and since new deliveries of the Dream Edition and the people with the new AGT have always said they got stares, and people always approaching them, etc..

It may be winter so people don't want to step in the cold. But during my road trip and total time owning the car, I've only had a handful of people ask me about the car, mostly curious what it is because they've never seen it.
And I'm happy to talk about it, but I don't get looks or stares, and don't notice many people following me around with cameras.

So no tints for now for me. I enjoy the views of the mountains and lights and city.

Front doesn’t have shades but I am in NJ and illegal to tint the front side windows.

I got the lowest tint value on my roof and XR ceramic tint on my windows ( UV protection ).

I did 3M Ceramic IR 35% on the side windows, 3M Crystalline 40% on the back windshield, 3M Crystalline 70% on the front windshield.

At first I had the 35% ceramic IR on side windows and back windshield; when Lucid broke my back windshield (accident), I decided to have them replace it with Crystalline 40% (they don’t make a 35% in Crystalline). That had bubbles (outside vendor wasn’t great) so I had them redo it but still had bubbles, so now I’m getting it redone by OCDetailing and having them pay for it.

The front windshield I didn’t tint when I got the car, but the newer iterations don’t have *quite* as good heat rejection, so I decided to do it; it won’t be a very visible difference at 70% anyway.

OP forgot to ask about Windshield tinting...

I didn't tint at all. Lucid's glass appears to be all laminated and/or coated, so no worries about UV exposure. We get a lot of nighttime pedestrians dressed in all-black. I want to avoid running over one of them.

I believe CA's front window tint rule is 70% minimum VLT including the effect of factory tint, not in addition to it.

Back