App is slow to open, it it does at all

Magsdad65

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Since buying my Air Touring, the mobile app has never been fast to wake the car. It now seems to be getting worse, to the point it tells me its taking longer than normal.

I'm on a Samsung Z Fold 6, latest version of the App and my car is up to date. Any suggestions?

Sorry, I haven't seen this. I've only had my car for 2 weeks but I'm on iOS over here and the app has always been reasonably fast for me. I've actually been surprised by how responsive the mobile app is - about the same as my Tesla app.

Since buying my Air Touring, the mobile app has never been fast to wake the car. It now seems to be getting worse, to the point it tells me its taking longer than normal.

I'm on a Samsung Z Fold 6, latest version of the App and my car is up to date. Any suggestions?
Same here. 4 months into the 18 month lease and the app on my iPhone 15 pro max is mostly/extremely slow to respond and wake up the car when needed.

Most times - the so called “self presenting auto door unlocking” feature is either too slow or fails. In that use case - mobile app taking so much time or failing totally ruins the ownership experience. Can’t wait for this short lease to end, then prolly make the switch back to Tesla (Model S) for a reliable and seamless user experience and also hoping they will improve the existing model with newer features and capabilities.

Same here. 4 months into the 18 month lease and the app on my iPhone 15 pro max is mostly/extremely slow to respond and wake up the car when needed.

Most times - the so called “self presenting auto door unlocking” feature is either too slow or fails. In that use case - mobile app taking so much time or failing totally ruins the ownership experience. Can’t wait for this short lease to end, then prolly make the switch back to Tesla (Model S) for a reliable and seamless user experience and also hoping they will improve the existing model with newer features and capabilities.
Wait a minute, are you talking about the car opening when you get near it with your phone? Or are you talking exclusively about unlocking car from far away by using the app? The first one has been operating extremely well since the latest update. Unlocking with the app from far away is a little less predictable and can sometimes take longer than desired. I can’t imagine a scenario where somebody unlocks his car from far away so often that it literally drives him to get rid of the car and get a different one. Do you have to do that quite often?

Wait a minute, are you talking about the car opening when you get near it with your phone? Or are you talking exclusively about unlocking car from far away by using the app? The first one has been operating extremely well since the latest update. Unlocking with the app from far away is a little less predictable and can sometimes take longer than desired. I can’t imagine a scenario where somebody unlocks his car from far away so often that it literally drives him to get rid of the car and get a different one. Do you have to do that quite often?
2 scenarios that are inter-related. Scenario 1 - My car opening when it gets near to the phone works 50/50. I have tried air reset multiple times and also followed the video instructions that you published for mobile key re install etc. Scenario 2 - Once doors fail to open …I try launching the app to open the doors and that takes 1-2 mins to wake up the car. Alternate way is to keep the fob handy or take the key card out of my wallet. Have raised the concerns to the service, but without any resolution. Love the car handling and drive feel but these tiny things, along with CarPlay issues, software bugs spoil the overall daily experience for me.

This is why I use the fob. Sometimes I age noticeably while waiting for the phone app to wake the car.
But it's a very minor issue compared to the reasons I sold my Model 3 and bought the Air.

2 scenarios that are inter-related. Scenario 1 - My car opening when it gets near to the phone works 50/50. I have tried air reset multiple times and also followed the video instructions that you published for mobile key re install etc. Scenario 2 - Once doors fail to open …I try launching the app to open the doors and that takes 1-2 mins to wake up the car. Alternate way is to keep the fob handy or take the key card out of my wallet. Have raised the concerns to the service, but without any resolution. Love the car handling and drive feel but these tiny things, along with CarPlay issues, software bugs spoil the overall daily experience for me.
It’s weird how there’s so much variation… My mobile key and CarPlay have been rock solid recently.

It’s weird how there’s so much variation… My mobile key and CarPlay have been rock solid recently.
I have also noticed that these issues/bugs are not common across the entire fleet. It affects different builds/trims and varies so much for each user. My CarPlay and door open behavior was rock solid when I bought the car in April for the first 2 months. It started acting up and was completely broken for 3-4 weeks after the early June update with the infinite toggle on off issue….magically started working fine one day on its own. With this most recent update…now there is a 10 second delay when forwarding to next track. Have done multiple air logo resets but to no avail.

Can I ask why you wouldn’t use the tiny and virtually weightless fob that for most owners have no such issues unlocking the doors? The Lucid app on my iPhone is very slow to launch and I would almost never use it for distant unlocking. I think the fob is just a far more reliable approach, especially given its tiny size.

About 95% of the time the phone (iPhone) works great. I don’t think about using the fob but interestingly that’s all I used with my 2015 Model S. Funny how you get used to certain things! I may start bringing my fob just to see if it enhances the experience and helps in those 5% times when the phone app is slow. But…overall I love driving my Pure over the Model S (and Y that I sold).

Back